Trading the NQ

This is a discussion on Trading the NQ within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by gotu Hello Gringo, I am also looking for this short NQ and was wondering how do you ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 23, 2017, 9:08pm   #57
 
Gring0's Avatar
Joined Aug 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotu View Post
Hello Gringo, I am also looking for this short NQ and was wondering how do you define a successful retracement? At what point do you consider price is giving you a heads up and you are good to enter your order?

My definition is on the hourly, I wait for a break of the DL/SL plus a LH/LL and then I enter a stop limit order below the most recent low, waiting for price to propel my entry in the right direction.

For instance, right now I am seeing a break of the hourly dl on the Nq and potentially a lower high so I will enter short if price makes a new low below the horizontal line on my chart.

Is this the sort of thing you look at? Some times I wonder whether this is a premature entry or I should add more variables to the setup.

Cheers!
Did you have an entry at the swing low and an exit today?
Gring0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2017, 2:37am   #58
Joined Sep 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gring0 View Post
Did you have an entry at the swing low and an exit today?
Yes, entry triggered and price shoots up hitting my stop loss. It makes me think that I am entering too prematurely, or just say the hell with it and stop trading against the weekly trend (I.e. Stop shorting the nq)

Did you also go short yesterday or do you wait for more confirmation to for a succesful RET?

Last edited by gotu; May 24, 2017 at 9:14am.
gotu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2017, 6:43pm   #59
Joined May 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotu View Post
Yes, entry triggered and price shoots up hitting my stop loss. It makes me think that I am entering too prematurely, or just say the hell with it and stop trading against the weekly trend (I.e. Stop shorting the nq)

Did you also go short yesterday or do you wait for more confirmation to for a succesful RET?
Started a new trading journal devoted to trading NQ, I welcome your input.
mitch mconal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2017, 12:12pm   #60
 
dbphoenix's Avatar
Joined Aug 2003
dbphoenix started this thread So price inches ever closer to the upper limit of the weekly trend channel. Shall we get there today?
__________________
Trading Price
dbphoenix is offline Training literature vendor (e.g courses / spreadbetting guides / eBooks)   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2017, 6:06pm   #61
 
dbphoenix's Avatar
Joined Aug 2003
dbphoenix started this thread Got within a gnat's eyelash of it. Now we see whether or not we can get past that last swing high at 5852. The fact that price has been hovering around this level since Friday afternoon tells you that it's important.
__________________
Trading Price
dbphoenix is offline Training literature vendor (e.g courses / spreadbetting guides / eBooks)   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Mateus
Old Jul 17, 2017, 6:09pm   #62
Joined May 2014
Db can you post a chart please. For those of us not following the NQ specifically but who follow price action trading.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbphoenix View Post
Got within a gnat's eyelash of it. Now we see whether or not we can get past that last swing high at 5852. The fact that price has been hovering around this level since Friday afternoon tells you that it's important.
Mateus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2017, 6:25pm   #63
 
dbphoenix's Avatar
Joined Aug 2003
dbphoenix started this thread .
Attached Thumbnails
wkly-july.png  
__________________
Trading Price
dbphoenix is offline Training literature vendor (e.g courses / spreadbetting guides / eBooks)   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2017, 6:56pm   #64
Joined May 2014
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbphoenix View Post
.
Mateus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)