I want to be, the very best, like no one ever was

This is a discussion on I want to be, the very best, like no one ever was within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by forker That cost is for multiple licences not one Fair enough. The way you wrote "the best ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 15, 2016, 12:55pm   #33
 
new_trader's Avatar
Joined Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by forker View Post
That cost is for multiple licences not one
Fair enough. The way you wrote "the best news feeds" gave me the impression they were paying vast amounts for the quality of the news rather than quantity. I admit I don't know much about news feeds because I don't trade the 'news'.
__________________
"It always pays a man to be right at the right time." - Jesse Livermore | Less Marx, More Mises

CLICK - My Trading Journal
new_trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2016, 1:07pm   #34
 
dbphoenix's Avatar
Joined Aug 2003
Neither do the institutions. They create the news. Which is why the retail trader always has and always will be playing catch-up.
dbphoenix is offline Training literature vendor (e.g courses / spreadbetting guides / eBooks)   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2016, 3:57pm   #35
 
Lúidín's Avatar
Joined May 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonicscooter View Post
As i say so often, it's become boring, have you even bothered to read his opening post.........?

Lost £2200 and £500 left.........even a muppet can do the maths on that one...
what is your point..silly statements like that are meaningless
__________________
Lúidín

in order to get the crock of gold..you must first<>find the right end of the rainbow
Lúidín is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2016, 4:01pm   #36
 
Lúidín's Avatar
Joined May 2015
dgtrading..if you really want some worthwhile feedback..then post your last 10 losing trades..showing instrument..trade dates and times..entry and exit levels..you might be amazed what feedback you might get

you can post some winners if you like also..but 10 losers is the minimum requirement
__________________
Lúidín

in order to get the crock of gold..you must first<>find the right end of the rainbow
Lúidín is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2016, 5:50pm   #37
Joined Mar 2015
dgtrading started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lúidín View Post
dgtrading..if you really want some worthwhile feedback..then post your last 10 losing trades..showing instrument..trade dates and times..entry and exit levels..you might be amazed what feedback you might get

you can post some winners if you like also..but 10 losers is the minimum requirement
I appreciate your encouragement.

and i appreciate the offer for feedback, but I don't want other minds interfering with my thought process, as stated before I have analysed every single losing trade of mine and found a mistake in my technical analysis every time, i'm not clutching at straws I am genuinely developing a feel for the market, and my instinct to keep me out of bad trades is improving every week.

ahh I sound so bigheaded
dgtrading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2016, 5:54pm   #38
Joined Mar 2015
dgtrading started this thread no trades taken this week, been tempted by a few instances of price action however not in optimal places therefore not deemed worth the risk.

been spending my time practising day-trading for a family friend, which I am finding to be quite explosive however thoroughly enjoyable.
dgtrading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2016, 6:06pm   #39
Joined Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lúidín View Post
what is your point..silly statements like that are meaningless

Tells anyone with an IQ above zero everything they needs to know....stop playing games with the bloke, if you had any decency you would be telling him to go back to demo while he still has some money left.
Sonicscooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2016, 9:09pm   #40
2be
 
2be's Avatar
Joined Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgtrading View Post
I appreciate your encouragement.

and i appreciate the offer for feedback, but I don't want other minds interfering with my thought process, as stated before I have analysed every single losing trade of mine and found a mistake in my technical analysis every time, i'm not clutching at straws I am genuinely developing a feel for the market, and my instinct to keep me out of bad trades is improving every week.

ahh I sound so bigheaded
Have you found some mistakes with the winning trades also?
If your losses are as you have stated, I do congratulate you!
Continue to study markets, and yourself.
There are many good books and free materials available all over the internet.


Have a look at Mark Douglas:

The 5 Fundamental Truths of Trading:

1. Anything can happen.

2. You don’t need to know what is going to happen next to make money.

3. There is a random distribution between wins and losses for any given set of
variables that define an edge.

4. An edge is nothing more than an indication of a higher probability of one thing
happening over another.

5. Every moment in the market is unique.


The 7 Principles of Consistency:

1. I objectively identify my edges.

2. I predefine the risk of every trade.

3. I completely accept the risk or I am willing to let go of the trade.

4. I act on my edges without reservation or hesitation.

5. I pay myself as the market makes money available to me.

6. I continually monitor my susceptibility for making errors.

7. I understand the absolute necessity of these principles of consistent success
and, therefore, I never violate them.

Best wishes,
2be
2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)