From Zero to Hero - in a year's time

This is a discussion on From Zero to Hero - in a year's time within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by Pat494 Ah yes -7.03% currently. No longer so - both accounts are now in the green, +4.1% ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 19, 2016, 3:42pm   #31
Joined Oct 2012
babyjake1961 started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat494 View Post
Ah yes -7.03% currently.
No longer so - both accounts are now in the green, +4.1% and +18.18% accordingly.
babyjake1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2016, 3:46pm   #32
Joined Mar 2015
Why make 3 trades and not one?
NickBk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2016, 3:47pm   #33

Joined Jan 2006
+18% with only 6 trades all done at roughly the same time in the same direction on the same instrument = over leveraged.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend,
inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -- G Marx.
Hoggums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2016, 3:48pm   #34
Joined Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickBk View Post
Why make 3 trades and not one?
The bot opens up to three trades each at the beginning of a new M15 bar as long as the signal lasts.
Old May 19, 2016, 3:50pm   #35
Joined Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggums View Post
+18% with only 6 trades all done at roughly the same time in the same direction on the same instrument = over leveraged.
That's how I roll. If I wanted to go with lower risk, I could easily slash the lot size or the account leverage. But my goal is to score big within a reasonable time span.
Old May 27, 2016, 10:47am   #36
Joined Oct 2012
babyjake1961 started this thread Yesterday's U-turn brought four losing trades. Yet there's never a way to tell if a breakout will end up reverting. About half of them doesn't. Yet that does leave us with a chance for an unlucky streak where the desperate and the impatient get eliminated much to the bucket shops' joy.

We'll see if the US data and Fed Chair Yellen will stir some market movements today (probably, not). Otherwise, I really look forward to her June 6 speech, the subsequent June 15 Fed rate decision, and the show of the year - the UK's Brexit referendum.
Attached Thumbnails
image.png  
Old May 27, 2016, 10:58am   #37
Joined May 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyjake1961 View Post
No longer so - both accounts are now in the green, +4.1% and +18.18% accordingly.
BabyJake, seriously if your bot is making money, anything over 20% annually (maybe less even double digits suit me), I know a guy who runs a hedgefund they have an AUM of £400m, they are looking for some new guys and would fund about £12m to start. You are looking at 60% performance fee. I am not kidding....

This is how much people want this stuff, so coming in here saying this stuff is insane. If I had a bot that was guaranteeing 20%, I would have at least £90m in my bank account. The only guy I know who built a successful bot for a certain bank got that much in 3 years on a rev share deal. I doubt if it even did 20% but it guaranteed the bank profits.

Maybe I misjudged you but if you can prove this I give you a private line via PM, so we can talk. Not kidding... I'll make you a millionaire.
vanillaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2016, 11:11am   #38
Joined Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillaman View Post
BabyJake, seriously if your bot is making money, anything over 20% annually (maybe less even double digits suit me), I know a guy who runs a hedgefund they have an AUM of £400m, they are looking for some new guys and would fund about £12m to start. You are looking at 60% performance fee. I am not kidding....

This is how much people want this stuff, so coming in here saying this stuff is insane. If I had a bot that was guaranteeing 20%, I would have at least £90m in my bank account. The only guy I know who built a successful bot for a certain bank got that much in 3 years on a rev share deal. I doubt if it even did 20% but it guaranteed the bank profits.

Maybe I misjudged you but if you can prove this I give you a private line via PM, so we can talk. Not kidding... I'll make you a millionaire.
I'm open to all sorts of partnerships - who wouldn't want to be a millionaire after all? So feel free to get in touch with me via PM - we could have an offline meeting somewhere with your guy to discuss the next steps. I then sure wouldn't mind sharing a chunk of my future profits from the deal with you to make it a win-win-win situation.
Thanks! The following members like this post: vanillaman
Old May 27, 2016, 11:53am   #39
Joined Mar 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillaman View Post

You don't think the 30% drawdown is off putting? I think your friend will.
Old May 27, 2016, 11:54am   #40
Joined Oct 2012
Quote:
You don't think the 30% drawdown is off putting? I think your friend will.
If I aimed at only 20% or so p.a., the drawdown would be far smaller.
Old May 27, 2016, 12:13pm   #41
Joined Mar 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyjake1961 View Post
If I aimed at only 20% or so p.a., the drawdown would be far smaller.
It wasn't aimed at you.

30% drawdown is not an investable product from most people who invest other peoples money.
No slur on what you are doing with your own account, that's your business.
Old May 27, 2016, 12:15pm   #42
Joined Oct 2012
Quote:
It wasn't aimed at you.

30% drawdown is not an investable product from most people who invest other peoples money.
No slur on what you are doing with your own account, that's your business.
I agree - on investment accounts, much lower risk and drawdown levels are common. Point is, my bot can be easily adjusted accordingly.
Old May 31, 2016, 8:56pm   #43
Joined Oct 2012
babyjake1961 started this thread The Essex boys appear to have banged the London closing fix today pretty heavily - to the point my bot entered the market like if it was a major mover and closed out in a loss. Lovely though. I bet most punters would have lost their patience at this point and resort to screaming "Help! Scam!" if I were selling them something (or even providing for free, for that matter). My reaction? None. Do we move on? Hell yes. Setting up yet another live account tomorrow, June 1, as planned out from the start.
Attached Thumbnails
image.png  
Old May 31, 2016, 10:34pm   #44
Joined Oct 2012
babyjake1961 started this thread The next 1K live account for you to follow, set up on 01.06.2016 as scheduled: https://www.myfxbook.com/members/bab...062016/1651616
Old May 31, 2016, 11:11pm   #45

Joined Sep 2014
does your robot look like this
Click the image to open in full size.
itspossible is offline   Reply With Quote