University Trading

This is a discussion on University Trading within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; I'm 19 and currently at uni, and have recently opened a spread betting account with £150. My goal of this ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 15, 2012, 12:41am   #1
Joined Jul 2011
University Trading

I'm 19 and currently at uni, and have recently opened a spread betting account with £150.

My goal of this journal is too improve my trading and more importantly get some financial experience in the markets and make some money

I've read allot on price action and have also looked at the making money trading thread which has been very helpful and this was reflected in my demo account which remained heavily above the green.

i know downfalls of spread betting and the odds of making money (90 percent of spread betters losing), but i believe the amount of research and application I've done should limit my potential loss and favor gains.
oshunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2012, 1:23pm   #2
Joined Oct 2006
Re: University Trading

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshunt View Post
I'm 19 and currently at uni, and have recently opened a spread betting account with £150.

My goal of this journal is too improve my trading and more importantly get some financial experience in the markets and make some money

I've read allot on price action and have also looked at the making money trading thread which has been very helpful and this was reflected in my demo account which remained heavily above the green.

i know downfalls of spread betting and the odds of making money (90 percent of spread betters losing), but i believe the amount of research and application I've done should limit my potential loss and favor gains.
I'd say you're wasting your time. It could take several years to be profitable.
pboyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2012, 3:47pm   #3
Joined Jul 2011

oshunt started this thread OK the strategy i'm using is pin bars supported by S&R and fibonacci retracement levels and will posting my trades on here, winning and losing to track my progress.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 3:50pm   #4
Joined Jul 2011

oshunt started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by pboyles View Post
I'd say you're wasting your time. It could take several years to be profitable.
That's fine with me, I would rather start now on my portfolio cause I need to show it to potential employers, just to show i'm interested and have had some trading experience.
Old May 8, 2012, 8:15pm   #5
Joined Jul 2011

oshunt started this thread research 8/05/2012

Due to me working full time while im back from uni I've decided to not trade Forex and focus on indices and, also due to me being more of a beginner than an amateur in this world we call trading i'll look at commodities further in the future.

I've decided to focus on 12 indices; FTSE 100, FTSE 250, DAX 30, CAC 40, S&P, DJI AVERAGE, AUSTRALIAN INDEX, RUSS 2K, NIKKEI 225, SINGAPORE, HONG KONG INDEX.
Old May 9, 2012, 10:38pm   #6

Joined May 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshunt View Post

What are you studying mate?
I guess students these days can afford to lose £150 (or if you are at Oxbridge, that's probably £1500 ).

It's always worth keeping an eye on FX though, even if you don't trade it, but only the majors: USD, EUR, GBP, JPY (though it's almost never worth trading the Yen in my humble opinion; your mileage may vary), and keep an eye on gold as well.

It's probably better than pissing money away in the bar, although of course the temptation would be to trade and píss your money away in the bar. I know I would have
montmorencyt2w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2012, 7:45pm   #7
Joined Jul 2011

oshunt started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by montmorencyt2w View Post
What are you studying mate?
I guess students these days can afford to lose £150 (or if you are at Oxbridge, that's probably £1500 ).

It's always worth keeping an eye on FX though, even if you don't trade it, but only the majors: USD, EUR, GBP, JPY (though it's almost never worth trading the Yen in my humble opinion; your mileage may vary), and keep an eye on gold as well.

It's probably better than pissing money away in the bar, although of course the temptation would be to trade and píss your money away in the bar. I know I would have
I'm studying business Studies at Coventry uni atm, and i guess the main reason why i don't wan't to trade forex is cause it doesn't make sense to me at the moment, by that i mean how it works. Thanks for the advice thought iv'e added those forex and commodities to my watch list.

yh i thought learning to trade would be more benificial than going to the pub every other day lol