my journal 3

This is a discussion on my journal 3 within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Probably done for the day. I've done a bunch of review exercises (compulsory) and one new exercise: I only have ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 9, 2011, 5:02pm   #29

Joined Mar 2003
Re: my journal 3

travis started this thread Probably done for the day. I've done a bunch of review exercises (compulsory) and one new exercise:

snap1.jpg

I only have 31 exercises to go. 88% of work done.

Now I am stuck here, but I'll do it tomorrow probably:
http://www.khanacademy.org/exercise/equation_of_a_circle_1

Eyes getting worse and worse. What really hurt them was the first six months of this year, with all the work I was asked. But if I needed to get money from investors, and to give my work away, it is only my fault for not managing my capital better in the past. And if I am still at the office, it is also my fault, for the same reason. So there's really no one to blame right now. But one thing I can tell you for sure: no bitch or male friend better expect me to treat her to dinner ever again. I am not letting it happen. I hope this experience will stay with me and that I won't waste money if it ever becomes abundant again. I am now very much against the principle of "treating" other people to dinner. It really totally sucks. From now on I am not even going to offer a glass of water to anyone, nor let them inside the house. **** the concept of "treating".

Last edited by travis; Dec 9, 2011 at 5:09pm.
travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2011, 9:56pm   #30

Joined Mar 2003

travis started this thread Damn. I have to admit it's really getting to me. The other day I said I wouldn't care about the ratings but now there's an ongoing war between me and the mastermind of evil. Every day I come online and see that someone has given me a few more one-stars. Obviously this is not just the consequence of regular readers, but someone doing this on purpose. I know the stats of this from my previous journals.

So, it was ok as long as I had just all one-stars and a perfect score of 1. Then some good guy (or maybe it was the evil guy again) rated me a few five-stars, and so I got into this sick mania of wanting a good score again. That's when I rated myself five-stars, not just with my main user id, but also with my other nicks, of which two have now been banned.

But then the evil asshole kept on rating me down, so I've been registering again and again, trying to give myself a higher rating. But this maniac is more of a maniac than I am, so he keeps on dropping by, probably with new nicks (or he has a lot of hyenas-friends), and lowering my rating.

So I don't know what I'll do. Also because t2w got smarter and now I don't know if it's by ip or by computer id, but they basically ban you from the start. You don't even have the time to log in the first time and you're already banned.

I'll probably stop caring or if I still care and cannot manage to achieve a higher rating, I might get discouraged altogether and stop posting, and this asshole will be happy because he won in the end and made me stop posting here.

I wish this guy just died, whoever it is. Even if it's a child.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 10:03pm   #31

Joined Mar 2003
weekly update (forward-testing)

travis started this thread snap1.jpg

That combination we had was not just off in terms of forecasted drawdown, but it wasn't that good, given that even if the investors hadn't quit at the end of september, we would not have made any money in the ensuing 2 and a half months.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 10:20pm   #32

Joined Mar 2003

travis started this thread All right, I was so depressed about the ratings problem, that I had to do some more math.

snap1.jpg

Now I only have 29 exercises left. 89% of work done.

Yeah, it's crazy that I am caring about the ratings, given that i say I don't give a **** about anyone, but the truth is that I do. It really bothers me that there's some asshole who dares to mess with my ratings.

Obviously I am in bad shape, as I keep saying, too. If I were in a good shape I wouldn't even be writing the journal, or maybe i'd be writing different things and more rarely. And probably then i would not care about the ratings, and maybe the asshole wouldn't even dare to mess with me, because some people only mess with you when they see you on your knees, and if they see you strong, they don't dare to mess with you. Personally, I hope I do the opposite, but maybe I am like all humans, except when I am alert and I think clearly.

Anyway, I am in a bad mood, and this asshole is making it worse by messing with my ratings. Notwithstanding all this, I'll keep doing my math, and writing my journal. Waiting and hoping for a better time to approach.

You see, if I didn't write my journal and talked to myself here, I probably would feel lonely, and then I'd call that bitch who recently insulted me because I refused to take her out to dinner (as I've been doing for 3 years). I'm better off writing this journal, and getting these ratings by this asshole, than treating that bitch to dinner.

In a way, on top of my two other readers, the asshole persecuting with these low ratings, on a daily basis, is making me feel like someone cares about my journal. Yes, he wants to kill it, but he does care about it. Which reminds me of the ending of the catcher in the rye: "don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody". Or something like that. This asshole has now become part of the journal, and he keeps me company, and that way I save on treating bitches to dinner.

Tonight I'll have to watch another movie with Rob Schneider:
Rob Schneider's Movies - LetMeWatchThis | 1Channel - Watch Movies Online Free - Newly Released

It's like a medicine.

Last edited by travis; Dec 9, 2011 at 11:58pm.
travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2011, 12:01am   #33

Joined Mar 2003

travis started this thread I am tired. I will not give up on this journal, but I will take a break for a few days. I will keep track of my progress, but I will decrease the frequency of my posts from four per day, to one post every two days or so. For a while, until I feel better.
Old Dec 10, 2011, 1:07am   #34

Joined Jan 2009

You have been rated - worth it for the Words & maths and I will throw in the link as a bonus. Keep it up T.
'Common patterns transcend individual market behaviour. For example, bond prices have a lot in common with the way cockroaches crawl up and down a wall. Unfortunately for cockroach followers, there is usually no one around to take the other side of a trade'. - Ed Seykota / Market Wizards
p-lab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2011, 1:26am   #35

Joined Mar 2003

travis started this thread Thanks for the rating and for the encouragement. I will keep it up. I may just slow down, because there's no meritocracy here. The trolls start a thread and get five stars and I have to deal with a troll rating me 1 star repeatedly because he dislikes me. There's more trolling here than anything else. Efforts are only appreciated by a minority. This is the world anyway. It's just that I had thought it was a better than average place here. Anyway, I will keep writing, documenting my work, progress and activities.