my journal 3

This is a discussion on my journal 3 within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; That combination we had was not just off in terms of forecasted drawdown, but it wasn't that good, given that ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 9, 2011, 11:03pm   #31

Joined Mar 2003
weekly update (forward-testing)

travis started this thread snap1.jpg

That combination we had was not just off in terms of forecasted drawdown, but it wasn't that good, given that even if the investors hadn't quit at the end of september, we would not have made any money in the ensuing 2 and a half months.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 11:20pm   #32

Joined Mar 2003
Re: my journal 3

travis started this thread All right, I was so depressed about the ratings problem, that I had to do some more math.

snap1.jpg

Now I only have 29 exercises left. 89% of work done.

Yeah, it's crazy that I am caring about the ratings, given that i say I don't give a **** about anyone, but the truth is that I do. It really bothers me that there's some asshole who dares to mess with my ratings.

Obviously I am in bad shape, as I keep saying, too. If I were in a good shape I wouldn't even be writing the journal, or maybe i'd be writing different things and more rarely. And probably then i would not care about the ratings, and maybe the asshole wouldn't even dare to mess with me, because some people only mess with you when they see you on your knees, and if they see you strong, they don't dare to mess with you. Personally, I hope I do the opposite, but maybe I am like all humans, except when I am alert and I think clearly.

Anyway, I am in a bad mood, and this asshole is making it worse by messing with my ratings. Notwithstanding all this, I'll keep doing my math, and writing my journal. Waiting and hoping for a better time to approach.

You see, if I didn't write my journal and talked to myself here, I probably would feel lonely, and then I'd call that bitch who recently insulted me because I refused to take her out to dinner (as I've been doing for 3 years). I'm better off writing this journal, and getting these ratings by this asshole, than treating that bitch to dinner.

In a way, on top of my two other readers, the asshole persecuting with these low ratings, on a daily basis, is making me feel like someone cares about my journal. Yes, he wants to kill it, but he does care about it. Which reminds me of the ending of the catcher in the rye: "don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody". Or something like that. This asshole has now become part of the journal, and he keeps me company, and that way I save on treating bitches to dinner.

Tonight I'll have to watch another movie with Rob Schneider:
Rob Schneider's Movies - LetMeWatchThis | 1Channel - Watch Movies Online Free - Newly Released

It's like a medicine.

Last edited by travis; Dec 10, 2011 at 12:58am.
travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2011, 1:01am   #33

Joined Mar 2003

travis started this thread I am tired. I will not give up on this journal, but I will take a break for a few days. I will keep track of my progress, but I will decrease the frequency of my posts from four per day, to one post every two days or so. For a while, until I feel better.
Old Dec 10, 2011, 2:07am   #34

Joined Jan 2009

You have been rated - worth it for the Words & maths and I will throw in the link as a bonus. Keep it up T.
'Common patterns transcend individual market behaviour. For example, bond prices have a lot in common with the way cockroaches crawl up and down a wall. Unfortunately for cockroach followers, there is usually no one around to take the other side of a trade'. - Ed Seykota / Market Wizards
p-lab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2011, 2:26am   #35

Joined Mar 2003

travis started this thread Thanks for the rating and for the encouragement. I will keep it up. I may just slow down, because there's no meritocracy here. The trolls start a thread and get five stars and I have to deal with a troll rating me 1 star repeatedly because he dislikes me. There's more trolling here than anything else. Efforts are only appreciated by a minority. This is the world anyway. It's just that I had thought it was a better than average place here. Anyway, I will keep writing, documenting my work, progress and activities.
Old Dec 10, 2011, 2:50am   #36

Joined Mar 2003

travis started this thread

Last edited by travis; Dec 10, 2011 at 3:56pm.
Old Dec 10, 2011, 1:42pm   #37

Joined Mar 2003

travis started this thread Virtual graph paper:
Graph Paper

Good software to understand equations for parabolas:
Parabola intuition 1 | Khan Academy

Ok, I am done for today. It's getting harder and harder. And my eyes aren't helping.

snap1.jpg

27 exercises to go. 89% of work done.

Last edited by travis; Dec 10, 2011 at 2:51pm.
Old Dec 10, 2011, 6:15pm   #38

Joined Mar 2003

travis started this thread Wow, this web application is even better:
Parabola intuition 3 | Khan Academy

Pretty good. I've done some more:
snap1.jpg

Now I have only 26 to go. 90% of work done.

Last edited by travis; Dec 10, 2011 at 7:29pm.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 9:11am   #39

Joined Jan 2006

Why was travis banned? All he ever seemed to do was mind his own business and post in his own journal. How can that possibly get you banned??

CLICK - My Trading Journal | SEARCH: soundmoneyproject.org |
new_trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2011, 9:28am   #40

Joined Jan 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by new_trader View Post
Why was travis banned? All he ever seemed to do was mind his own business and post in his own journal. How can that possibly get you banned??
Excatly. What is the story here?. I enjoyed it and was looking forward to him going live again
'Common patterns transcend individual market behaviour. For example, bond prices have a lot in common with the way cockroaches crawl up and down a wall. Unfortunately for cockroach followers, there is usually no one around to take the other side of a trade'. - Ed Seykota / Market Wizards
p-lab is offline   Reply With Quote

« bloggin the ES | - »