Euro Daily Trader

This is a discussion on Euro Daily Trader within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by wiseambitions My quick analysis of results, by day of week, since 1 June: Monday 137 Tuesday 134 ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 17, 2011, 9:02pm   #57
Joined Feb 2011
Re: Euro Daily Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseambitions View Post
My quick analysis of results, by day of week, since 1 June:

Monday 137
Tuesday 134
Wednesday 310
Thursday 57
Friday 102

E&OE
Thanks for the analysis.. I too was trying to enter the data from the graphics on the web site and analyze it. I don't have the data back to June so I just ran the analysis from August. It clearly shows that Wednesday is the best day to trade this strategy. I may do a longer term analysis but I always struggle back testing systems that are time-of-daysensitive because I don't know how to handle the history data (what time zone is the data and how is day light savings addressed in the data).

For now, I think I will really lower the risk on Monday and Tuesday, raise the risk on Wednesday and not trade on Thursday or Friday.

Last edited by ggjr61; Nov 17, 2011 at 9:46pm.
ggjr61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2011, 11:18pm   #58
Joined Sep 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggjr61 View Post
Thanks for the analysis.. I too was trying to enter the data from the graphics on the web site and analyze it. I don't have the data back to June so I just ran the analysis from August. It clearly shows that Wednesday is the best day to trade this strategy. I may do a longer term analysis but I always struggle back testing systems that are time-of-daysensitive because I don't know how to handle the history data (what time zone is the data and how is day light savings addressed in the data).

For now, I think I will really lower the risk on Monday and Tuesday, raise the risk on Wednesday and not trade on Thursday or Friday.
I too would be interested in this analysis guys but just don't have the time, so let's see if I can help out. Attached is our backtest for 2010. Let's see if that 12 months comes up with the same anomaly.

Mike
The Forex Club
Attached Thumbnails
2010-2-compound.gif  
Attached Files
File Type: htm 2010 - 2% Compound.htm (283.1 KB, 47 views)
Mike Forex is offline Trading system vendor   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2011, 8:22am   #59
Joined Oct 2010

wiseambitions started this thread I would love to have the time and inclination to look at the backtests, remembering of course that past performance is no indication of the future

On a slightly different angle, we've had a few days in the doldrums. What this does to the measurements is make the 50day MA come to +5.26, which I think Mike would say is in line with expectations, however the 25day MA has fallen to -1.26. We badly need a couple wins from the method to nudge this one back to normal, which again would be a daily average in region of 5 or more. It is painful watching a trade go to 25 and more pips of profit then fall right back to BE which is what happened twice in a row

PS TUESDAY: Unfortunately trade was another loser, and it has dragged down the MAs a bit.

Last edited by wiseambitions; Nov 22, 2011 at 8:40pm.
wiseambitions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2011, 12:32am   #60
Joined Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Forex View Post
I too would be interested in this analysis guys but just don't have the time, so let's see if I can help out. Attached is our backtest for 2010. Let's see if that 12 months comes up with the same anomaly.

Mike
The Forex Club
Attached is the data in an Excel workbook with my simple analysis. It would appear very different from my original analysis. When looking at 2010 Fridays are the best day to trade.. And the variation from month to month and quarter to quarter seem to say that there is no correlation to the day of the week.

I don't know how much longer I can hold on to this. After more BE's and losses I am beginning to think that the market has changed and the system no longer works. It would appear that August was a bad month, October was a bad month, and we are more than half way through Nov and another bad month.

Is anyone going to let this trade on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday this week given the US holidays?
Attached Files
File Type: xls 2010 back test.xls (136.5 KB, 50 views)
Old Nov 23, 2011, 7:38pm   #61
Joined Feb 2011

Quote:
Attached is the data in an Excel workbook with my simple analysis. It would appear very different from my original analysis. When looking at 2010 Fridays are the best day to trade.. And the variation from month to month and quarter to quarter seem to say that there is no correlation to the day of the week.

I don't know how much longer I can hold on to this. After more BE's and losses I am beginning to think that the market has changed and the system no longer works. It would appear that August was a bad month, October was a bad month, and we are more than half way through Nov and another bad month.

Is anyone going to let this trade on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday this week given the US holidays?
Hurray! Another Wednesday win. Too bad I was anxious and left my risk at 1%. Still it's nice to see the strategy pick up a few pips!
Old Nov 23, 2011, 9:15pm   #62
Joined Oct 2010

wiseambitions started this thread
Quote:
Hurray! Another Wednesday win. Too bad I was anxious and left my risk at 1%. Still it's nice to see the strategy pick up a few pips!

My biggest account missed TP by 0.2 pips 0.00002 so went to BE (-1)

Understandably I'm not a happy bunny. I thought I deserved better for all the positive aspects I've tried to find with the system! Wins have been a bit scarce lately. I think a fair amount of luck was involved in tonight's trade as there wasn't a lot of spare room in the price action eg if there was delay in execution or the spread widened at the wrong moment. Hopefully someone in the inner sanctums of the forex fair trade centre will make it back up to me soon LOL

Last edited by wiseambitions; Nov 23, 2011 at 9:45pm.
wiseambitions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2011, 11:30pm   #63
Joined Sep 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseambitions View Post
My biggest account missed TP by 0.2 pips 0.00002 so went to BE (-1)

Understandably I'm not a happy bunny. I thought I deserved better for all the positive aspects I've tried to find with the system! Wins have been a bit scarce lately. I think a fair amount of luck was involved in tonight's trade as there wasn't a lot of spare room in the price action eg if there was delay in execution or the spread widened at the wrong moment. Hopefully someone in the inner sanctums of the forex fair trade centre will make it back up to me soon LOL
That really sucks Wise. Actually there was not a lot of room but our live account hit the TP pretty decisively on SLM. I think it was down to the entry price rather than spread. Screenshot attached.

Mike
The Forex Club
Attached Thumbnails
23rd-nov-trade.jpg  
Mike Forex is offline Trading system vendor   Reply With Quote