Euro Daily Trader

This is a discussion on Euro Daily Trader within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Welcome back Mike. I still have high hopes for you product. That said, it is testing my nerves. Unfortunately I ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 2, 2011, 12:12pm   #31
Joined Feb 2011
Re: Euro Daily Trader

Welcome back Mike.

I still have high hopes for you product. That said, it is testing my nerves. Unfortunately I purchased and began using your EA in the middle of the month and therefore at the beginning of the losing streak. I did not get to take advantage of the wins at the beginning of the month. So my results so fare are down 11.17% (using 3% risk). This was 7 losing trades, 2 BE trades, and 2 winning trades. I had a losing trade on a Friday because I did not have the early close option enable as you did for you record.

When I looked at your live results the EA appears to perform better during the first 10-12 days of the month than it does after that. I don't know if there is a correlation over the longer term or a reason for that. But I am considering turning this off after the 15th if the 1st part of the month is profitable.
ggjr61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2011, 5:19pm   #32
Joined Sep 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggjr61 View Post
Welcome back Mike.

I still have high hopes for you product. That said, it is testing my nerves. Unfortunately I purchased and began using your EA in the middle of the month and therefore at the beginning of the losing streak. I did not get to take advantage of the wins at the beginning of the month. So my results so fare are down 11.17% (using 3% risk). This was 7 losing trades, 2 BE trades, and 2 winning trades. I had a losing trade on a Friday because I did not have the early close option enable as you did for you record.

When I looked at your live results the EA appears to perform better during the first 10-12 days of the month than it does after that. I don't know if there is a correlation over the longer term or a reason for that. But I am considering turning this off after the 15th if the 1st part of the month is profitable.
Well spotted again gg.

Yes we noticed that a couple of weeks ago and looked back. Nothing in the backtest to suggest any pattern but we will certainly be keeping an eye on it.

Very unlucky on that trade last night! The official live account touched the SL by just 0.4 of a pip before it turned and went way down in the direction the EA had predicted. We have all seen trades like that.

Funny how it never seems to happen in our favour.

So depending if you are a "half empty glass" or "half full glass" sort of person, it's up 20 for the week or down 19 for the month.

Mike
The Forex Club
Mike Forex is offline Trading system vendor   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2011, 8:08pm   #33
Joined Oct 2010

wiseambitions started this thread Wednesday. Profit in 5 minutes and a matter of seconds. I think that came quicker than any of the previous losses! Gives a nice feeling.
wiseambitions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2011, 9:27pm   #34
Joined Sep 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseambitions View Post
Wednesday. Profit in 5 minutes and a matter of seconds. I think that came quicker than any of the previous losses! Gives a nice feeling.
Yes. And here's another nice feeling about EDT.

Once you have hit 2 TP's in a week, it's impossible to have a losing week.

Mike
Old Nov 3, 2011, 2:27am   #35

Joined Feb 2009

Hey wiseambitions, long time no see! How are you doing?
MayZerG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2011, 9:03am   #36
Joined Oct 2010

wiseambitions started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by MayZerG View Post
Hey wiseambitions, long time no see! How are you doing?
Hello there, yes it is a long time

Still hanging in, what about you?

The trouble is to say that a lot of things that used to work no longer seem to work, either meaning there's a temporary change in conditions or a long term shift in market behaviour which has come to stay. I think there's only a handful now who trade FMT, else everyone has sought better possibilities. Shame really, because like I said, such things did used to work and had long track record, but it's not the same now (eg at that time of day)
Old Nov 4, 2011, 8:42pm   #37
Joined Oct 2010

wiseambitions started this thread Friday

Unfortunately tonight was a loser for me, I looked at the chart and was surprised that the system chose to go long when the technicals which I tend to watch (as well as the fundamentals) said the euro was having a bad day.

I think there's a thread on T2W somewhere saying Friday nights (Afternoons of course in USA) are a bit unpredictable and volatile. However when I totted up the profitable Fridays and the losers, I coul not concur with such being the pattern of EDT, I don't think it loses any more than normal on Fridays, however I see they've taken off the June and July results from the website now so I can't find so many numbers to crunch as before.......

Mike, if you see the message, is space a restriction, or would you be able to reinstate June and July data on the results page?

Total gain since I put the system on about 5 weeks ago +69 pips. I'm waiting in hope for it to return to normal, would I be right in saying the average pips per month for available history is in region of 150?

Last edited by wiseambitions; Nov 4, 2011 at 8:51pm.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 2:52pm   #38
Joined Sep 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseambitions View Post
Friday

Unfortunately tonight was a loser for me, I looked at the chart and was surprised that the system chose to go long when the technicals which I tend to watch (as well as the fundamentals) said the euro was having a bad day.

I think there's a thread on T2W somewhere saying Friday nights (Afternoons of course in USA) are a bit unpredictable and volatile. However when I totted up the profitable Fridays and the losers, I coul not concur with such being the pattern of EDT, I don't think it loses any more than normal on Fridays, however I see they've taken off the June and July results from the website now so I can't find so many numbers to crunch as before.......

Mike, if you see the message, is space a restriction, or would you be able to reinstate June and July data on the results page?

Total gain since I put the system on about 5 weeks ago +69 pips. I'm waiting in hope for it to return to normal, would I be right in saying the average pips per month for available history is in region of 150?
Hi all,

June was removed when we began October and July when we began November. Not a space problem in terms of memory or anything, it was just that the page was getting very long. We are working on a members section in which we will post all results in an easier to read format. That will be another few weeks. Meanwhile, so you can have a look at other Fridays (or anything else for that matter) I have attached June and July with this post.

Last Friday was a very peculiar trade. Some users got a long trade and some a short. The EA's indicators were pivoting from Long to Short right up to the second the trade commenced and it was so close that we had two trades which are with the same broker recording on Myfxbook - one went long, the other short!!! Here they are:

Myfxbook: EDT 2%: Euro Daily Trader at 2% System | Myfxbook
Myfxbook: EDT 4%: Euro Daily Trader at 4% System | Myfxbook

We always use the same account for the "official" results that we post on the website, and that account unfortunately took a long trade so the official results was sl at -19 pips. But the week still showed a 20 pip profit Monday to Friday.

Mike
The Forex Club
Attached Files
File Type: docx Live results June & July 2011.docx (33.0 KB, 145 views)
Old Nov 7, 2011, 7:35pm   #39
Joined Oct 2010

wiseambitions started this thread thanks for that information.

I suppose it is important to remember there may have been occasions in that history June through to middle of September when there were Friday night trades with results that would not have been the same with the new auto closure........ not just that session where it ran to over 100 pips profit.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 7:58pm   #40
Joined Oct 2010

wiseambitions started this thread Drat. What happened? Spike at 18:55 SL grrrrr