The Road To Profitability

This is a discussion on The Road To Profitability within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Thanks, I will put my long pending order in now. Do you fancy the long with the current trend if ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 26, 2011, 2:36am   #31
Joined Oct 2008
Re: The Road To Profitability

Thanks, I will put my long pending order in now.
Do you fancy the long with the current trend if your stop is breached?
Jason101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2011, 10:55am   #32
Joined Aug 2009
Re: The Road To Profitability

Shuanl0ol started this thread More or less yes, but take this with a pinch of salt as I usually trade based on technical patterns.
Shuanl0ol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2011, 3:13pm   #33
Joined Aug 2009
USDTRY trade

Shuanl0ol started this thread Obviously momentum on the downside on this pair lost it's steam.
1.7500 seems to be holding.

Don't feel comfortable holding this anymore, even though that my first thought was to hold it for months but then I would like to see a hard break through 1.7500 to feel more comfy.

I'm closing this for a 0.25% gain.

I should of have had my stoploss around the 1.8000 level in hindsight ofc lol.
Attached Thumbnails
usdtryexit.png  
Old Aug 26, 2011, 3:25pm   #34
Joined Aug 2009
USDSGSD Awesome!

Shuanl0ol started this thread Wow, 1.2000 is a really really strong level. Wonder if the SG centralbank is support selling their currency to remain competetive on the global enterprise market.

Wish I could afford a bloomberg terminal...

Funny story: I had an discussion with a customer at work a few days ago... we talked about banks. He told me that the only time he would go in to a bank is when he brings his ak-47 ha ha ha.

Have a nice weekend!

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
usdsgd.png  
Old Aug 27, 2011, 8:51pm   #35
Joined Aug 2009
Uhh usdtry

Shuanl0ol started this thread Damn.. it managed to close below 1.7500.... looking to go short on the retest of 1.7500 + PA conformation.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 9:45am   #36
Joined Aug 2009
Gbpchf

Shuanl0ol started this thread My buy limit order was hit this morning and the trade is currently in the money. Bought this on the potential breakout that seems to be working at the moment.

First target at 1.35000
Attached Thumbnails
gbpchfd1d1.png  
Old Aug 29, 2011, 3:18pm   #37
Joined Aug 2009
GBPCHF target reached

Shuanl0ol started this thread I'm out this position with 239 pips in the bank. Approx 0.8%.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
gbpchfdone.png  
Thanks! The following members like this post: Jason101
Old Aug 29, 2011, 3:23pm   #38
Joined Aug 2009
Usdtry

Shuanl0ol started this thread Found another good entry on USDTRY but on the H4 though. I'm short in the writing moment with 1% at stake.

TP1: 1.7250
TP2: Lets see how it plays out first :P
Attached Thumbnails
usdtryh4.png  
Old Aug 30, 2011, 4:37pm   #39
Joined Aug 2009
Re: Usdtry

Shuanl0ol started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuanl0ol View Post
Found another good entry on USDTRY but on the H4 though. I'm short in the writing moment with 1% at stake.

TP1: 1.7250
TP2: Lets see how it plays out first :P
Price missed my target by 9 pips, ouch! I'm still in it though after a expected retrace.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 1:11am   #40
Joined Oct 2008
Re: USDSGSD Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuanl0ol View Post
Wow, 1.2000 is a really really strong level. Wonder if the SG centralbank is support selling their currency to remain competetive on the global enterprise market.

Wish I could afford a bloomberg terminal...

Funny story: I had an discussion with a customer at work a few days ago... we talked about banks. He told me that the only time he would go in to a bank is when he brings his ak-47 ha ha ha.

Have a nice weekend!

Cheers
I am probably missing something here but I cannot work out your chart setting here?
Also are you looking at this as a potential long or short set up?
Jason101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2011, 8:23am   #41
Joined Aug 2009
Re: USDSGSD Awesome!

Shuanl0ol started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason101 View Post
I am probably missing something here but I cannot work out your chart setting here?
Also are you looking at this as a potential long or short set up?
Thats weird

Keeping an eye on the chart does not hurt, so I'm not biased to any direction (yet). I'm imagining two scenarios:

We have a very long term descending trendline that definetely has potential to be broken any time soon.

Or the more short-term descending triangle, if price manage to break... I'm either short on the retest or pure breakout conformation. <-- My favourite

But further thinking leads me to conclude that I should just put a sell limit 20-30 pips below 1.2000 once it breaks it should break hard since its such a strong level... lots of peeps are looking to get in maybe (?).
Attached Thumbnails
usdsgdtriang.png  
Old Aug 31, 2011, 9:21am   #42
Joined Aug 2009
Usdtry

Shuanl0ol started this thread Just cashed in my profits, sweet!
Attached Thumbnails
usdtrydone.png  
Old Sep 5, 2011, 1:31am   #43
Joined Aug 2009
Eursek

Shuanl0ol started this thread My own local currency seems to be appreciating any time soon. The euro debt crisis issue will be on the focus again this upcoming week together with important interest rates decisions on both the ECB and the swedish centralbank. I'm almost 100% sure that the Swedish CB won't cut down interest rates and I'm kind of expecting a hawkish announcement followed by solid price action. Increased volatilty is surely expected for the upcoming week.

I'm looking to go short and have my sell limit placed at 9.06060 and a stoploss at 9.14908. My target will be around the round number 9.0000

Time will tell.
Attached Thumbnails
eursekasdfasdf.png  
Old Sep 6, 2011, 11:30am   #44
Joined Aug 2009
Re:

Shuanl0ol started this thread Pulled back my sell limit on EURSEK due to no momentum in sight.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 11:11pm   #45
Joined Aug 2009
Daily update

Shuanl0ol started this thread Well, the EURSEK trade went in my direction after I pulled back my order. Anyways, still comfortable with the decision I made... markets will still provide me with opportunities :P.

Wow, there has been some crazy volatility today for sure! I really like the EURUSD and EURCAD setups, I'm in favor for EURUSD though due to: technicals (break-out pattern) and price are poiting down + the close below the round number (always a sign of weakness).

Target: 1.3750

Enough with the words and lets get straight on to the chart!
Attached Thumbnails
eurusdbreak.png  

Last edited by Shuanl0ol; Sep 6, 2011 at 11:17pm. Reason: Forgot to mention my target