The Road To Profitability

This is a discussion on The Road To Profitability within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Fxcm uk...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 11, 2011, 12:06am   #21
Joined Aug 2009
Re: The Road To Profitability

Shuanl0ol started this thread Fxcm uk
Shuanl0ol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2011, 4:55pm   #22
Joined Aug 2009
Re: Gbpcad

Shuanl0ol started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuanl0ol View Post
Here is another one I'm short on.

Made a risky entry before the break on the assumtion of that the 1.6000 level will hold.
Risked 0.1% on the entry (which was before the break)

In addition I'm risking 1% on the break of the bar with a larger SL on that one.

TP1: Around 1.5800

Cheers
Got stopped out for -1.1% total
Old Aug 16, 2011, 12:48am   #23
Joined Aug 2009

Shuanl0ol started this thread Still short GBPNZD. No new trades other than that.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 10:46am   #24
Joined Aug 2009

Shuanl0ol started this thread GBPNZD stop was hit.
-1%.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 10:35pm   #25
Joined Aug 2009

Shuanl0ol started this thread Im long term short USDTRY on a double top for 0.5% risk.

Lets see how this play out.
Attached Thumbnails
usdtrylongterm.png  
Old Aug 24, 2011, 1:43am   #26
Joined Oct 2008

Hello Shaun, thanks for the journal. I am just registering my interest in it and letting you know it is being read. I trade a lot of your pairs all long term with daily and weekly charts. I do lots of NZD. And AUD. I am in 3 TRY positions at the moment, eurtry, sgdtry and audtry.

Itís a bit cheeky of me but I thought it would improve your journal if when you give your updates for stopped out & your profits. You could give an updated chart screen shot. Possibly with a link (quoted from) to your original chart entry post.

Anyway good trading to you and kind regards.

Jason

There is no Holy Grail. There is no perfect way to capture that move from $ 100/ ounce to $ 800/ ounce in gold.

Jason101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2011, 7:26pm   #27
Joined Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason101 View Post
Hello Shaun, thanks for the journal. I am just registering my interest in it and letting you know it is being read. I trade a lot of your pairs all long term with daily and weekly charts. I do lots of NZD. And AUD. I am in 3 TRY positions at the moment, eurtry, sgdtry and audtry.

Itís a bit cheeky of me but I thought it would improve your journal if when you give your updates for stopped out & your profits. You could give an updated chart screen shot. Possibly with a link (quoted from) to your original chart entry post.

Anyway good trading to you and kind regards.

Jason
Hi Jason, are you short those pairs?

I truly appreciate your input. Thing is though, I'm a full-time student with lots of activities outside school which makes time a problem for me. But I will try and update my best, after all thats why I'm doing this.

Regards
Old Aug 25, 2011, 1:01am   #28
Joined Oct 2008

No I am long on my try's, taking the other side of your trade.

I am still looking for an entry on usd/try. If you let me know where your stop is on your short, I will seriously consider it as an entry.

There is no Holy Grail. There is no perfect way to capture that move from $ 100/ ounce to $ 800/ ounce in gold.

Jason101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2011, 9:15pm   #29
Joined Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason101 View Post
No I am long on my try's, taking the other side of your trade.

I am still looking for an entry on usd/try. If you let me know where your stop is on your short, I will seriously consider it as an entry.
Jason, I posted a chart on my post when I went short USDTRY. Can't you see it?

My stop is at 1,82784 based on that if price breaks this level and closes above... it indicates for me that the double top won't hold. But on the other hand it is not an exact science so it may bloody well turn at that point as well.

We are currently trading into 1.7500, lets see if the news tomorrow can contribute to a stronger turkish yen.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/atta...rylongterm.png
Attached Thumbnails
usdtryuppppp.png  
Old Aug 25, 2011, 11:27pm   #30
Joined Aug 2009

Shuanl0ol started this thread Lol just saw that I haven't posted my GBPUSD trade, as I was sure that I clicked submit reply.

Anyways, got out with a 2% gain.
Attached Thumbnails
gbpusdnnnn.png