Doomberg's Journal - Ticking Along Nicely

This is a discussion on Doomberg's Journal - Ticking Along Nicely within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Update: Still waiting for the transfer from Capital Spreads over to IG Markets to be completed, there was a bit ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 16, 2011, 10:01am   #61
 
Doomberg's Avatar
Joined Mar 2011
Re: Doomberg's Journal - Ticking Along Nicely

Doomberg started this thread Update:

Still waiting for the transfer from Capital Spreads over to IG Markets to be completed, there was a bit of a **** up so i may have to wait, Capital Spreads returned my monies to a Commercial card that i use for work and when i tried with IG it bounced and said that they can not accept a payment off this as its a business card but i can bank transfer it from that account to them. So i did and the next day i get a phone call saying "we can not accept this payment from a commercial account, but don't worry we will instruct Lloyds to reverse it but it may take 10 days" So basically i may have to wait a few more days until its back, then transfer in to a personal account and then transfer it all over again back to IG so they can accept it.

And hi JahDave, yeah yesterday was calm but it was also stuck in a consolidation which is also hard to trade in as it doesn't move much all day, i don't want the market to be completely quiet but some of the crazy moves like where it ripsaws up and down 300 points in 5 minutes are a bit extreme as it invalidates most systems that people have, i had a couple of great days in the madness but also a coupe of bad days where i was caught out a few times, lets hope it gets back to its usual self soon
Doomberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2011, 10:01am   #62
 
Doomberg's Avatar
Joined Mar 2011
Re: Doomberg's Journal - Ticking Along Nicely

Doomberg started this thread Hey guys, i've not left the planet, i've just got back from Ibiza and had a top time Things are mad busy with a new work project so i'll be rushed off my feet for at least another 3 weeks until i've sorted a few things out, i'm not gonna be able to spend much time on the forum or even trade properly for about 3 weeks, hope to be back in action from October when i will be at my computer as normal.

See you all very soon
Doomberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2011, 2:48pm   #63
Joined Sep 2008
Re: Doomberg's Journal - Ticking Along Nicely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomberg View Post
Hey guys, i've not left the planet, i've just got back from Ibiza and had a top time Things are mad busy with a new work project so i'll be rushed off my feet for at least another 3 weeks until i've sorted a few things out, i'm not gonna be able to spend much time on the forum or even trade properly for about 3 weeks, hope to be back in action from October when i will be at my computer as normal.

See you all very soon
We'll be here. Just think of all the lulz you will miss on t2w!

Peter
wackypete2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Doomberg
Old Sep 13, 2011, 6:20pm   #64
Joined Sep 2011
Re: Doomberg's Journal - Ticking Along Nicely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomberg View Post
Hey guys, i've not left the planet, i've just got back from Ibiza and had a top time Things are mad busy with a new work project so i'll be rushed off my feet for at least another 3 weeks until i've sorted a few things out, i'm not gonna be able to spend much time on the forum or even trade properly for about 3 weeks, hope to be back in action from October when i will be at my computer as normal.

See you all very soon
Tell the truth. You banged some slag from Barnsley, now your pecker is dripping like a busted pipe and you're having to spend 3 weeks in a specialist clap clinic in Amsterdam with no internet access.

We've all been there, nothing to be embarrassed about.
Jimmy Lulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Doomberg
Old Sep 13, 2011, 6:35pm   #65
Joined Aug 2008
Re: Doomberg's Journal - Ticking Along Nicely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Lulz View Post
Tell the truth. You banged some slag from Barnsley, now your pecker is dripping like a busted pipe and you're having to spend 3 weeks in a specialist clap clinic in Amsterdam with no internet access.

We've all been there, nothing to be embarrassed about.
MajorDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2011, 5:29pm   #66
 
Doomberg's Avatar
Joined Mar 2011
Re: Doomberg's Journal - Ticking Along Nicely

Doomberg started this thread Ok i'm kinda back and i should be able to resume trading again now

I had to take some time out due to work being so busy, things are still very busy so i dount i'll be trading each day but i hope to have some more time fot it. Anyway i had a day off today and couldn't wait to get back on the indicies so i ended up trading Australia 200 in the middle of the night which may be of use to me to be fair because i'm often up late, i bought two Auz200 contracts, closed one after about 4 hours and held the other overnight but it didn't do much more so i closed the 2nd Auz200 not long ago. The trades below are not in exact order and some were held longer than others, its UK time and the time below is in 24 hour clock if you want to have a look at any of the trades.

Product: ------------Action---------Open--------------Close
Wall Street - Daily Rolling Sell-- 12095 (17:52) --12065 (16:36) = +30
Germany 30 - Daily Rolling Sell-- 6210.3 (14:32) --6159 (16:27) = +51.3
Australia 200 - Daily Rolling Sell-- 4331.5 (01:49) --4283.5 (14:29) = +48
Germany 30 - Daily Rolling Buy-- 6211 (13:53) --6212 (14:06) = +1
Germany 30 - Daily Rolling Sell-- 6233.3 (13:32) --6206.5 (13:45) = +26.8
Germany 30 - Daily Rolling Buy-- 6227 (13:03) --6229 (13:15) = +2
Germany 30 - Daily Rolling Sell-- 6283 (05:23) --6223 (12:50) = +60
Wall Street - Daily Rolling Sell-- 12113 (12:34) --12107 (12:49) = +6
Germany 30 - Daily Rolling Sell-- 6253 (12:16) --6235 (12:31) = +18
Australia 200 - Daily Rolling Sell-- 4331.5 (01:49) --4291.5 (05:12) = +40

Daily Total = 283.1

I'm very happy with today, not only did i wake up to a nice blue Dax30 and Auz200 i managed to keep up with the winning streak all day. It's highly unlikely for me to get above 200 points in a day as most times that i have i've simply ended up giving some or all of it back to the markets, today i stopped on a high before i slipped up and lost my hard earned profits. I very nearly made some stupid mistakes, the two longs (what the fook was i thinking) it was a short trend today and for some bizarre reason i took 2 long trades?? Anyway it taught me a lesson as i got in to trouble with both of them, however i managed to close +2 and +1, they were not totally stupid as i had picked them out using S&R and round numbers, but they were weak trades tbh, maybe even impulse trades. All my trades today were all based on S&R, Breakouts, Channel Trading and Round Numbers.

Ok so to evaluate, as i said in the OP any winning day for me is a great day, even +10 is a happy ending as i'm after consistent wins each day that i trade. I can't promise how much i'll be trading as work is very important to me right now as i'm launching a new business but i'll have a little more spare time than last month so will be able to get the ball rolling again. Maybe one day if all goes well i'll be able to do less work and focus more on trading, that is my aim but its a few years off yet as i have a lot on my plate.

Hope all is well

EDIT: Just seen a nice set up and took that for: +30 i'll add it to the list. I should of sat on my fingers after 9 winning trades but it was still a short trend and i seen a lovely fake upwards breakout on Dow which slowed at 12100, as soon as i had an inclination it was about to correct back down i shorted at 12095 and placed my stop super tight at 12105 and had a TP of 12065.

Last edited by Doomberg; Oct 31, 2011 at 6:46pm.
Doomberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2011, 2:51am   #67
 
JahDave's Avatar
Joined Oct 2008
Re: Doomberg's Journal - Ticking Along Nicely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomberg View Post
Ok i'm kinda back and i should be able to resume trading again now

I had to take some time out due to work being so busy, things are still very busy so i dount i'll be trading each day but i hope to have some more time fot it. Anyway i had a day off today and couldn't wait to get back on the indicies so i ended up trading Australia 200 in the middle of the night which may be of use to me to be fair because i'm often up late, i bought two Auz200 contracts, closed one after about 4 hours and held the other overnight but it didn't do much more so i closed the 2nd Auz200 not long ago. The trades below are not in exact order and some were held longer than others, its UK time and the time below is in 24 hour clock if you want to have a look at any of the trades.

Product: ------------Action---------Open--------------Close
Wall Street - Daily Rolling Sell-- 12095 (17:52) --12065 (16:36) = +30
Germany 30 - Daily Rolling Sell-- 6210.3 (14:32) --6159 (16:27) = +51.3
Australia 200 - Daily Rolling Sell-- 4331.5 (01:49) --4283.5 (14:29) = +48
Germany 30 - Daily Rolling Buy-- 6211 (13:53) --6212 (14:06) = +1
Germany 30 - Daily Rolling Sell-- 6233.3 (13:32) --6206.5 (13:45) = +26.8
Germany 30 - Daily Rolling Buy-- 6227 (13:03) --6229 (13:15) = +2
Germany 30 - Daily Rolling Sell-- 6283 (05:23) --6223 (12:50) = +60
Wall Street - Daily Rolling Sell-- 12113 (12:34) --12107 (12:49) = +6
Germany 30 - Daily Rolling Sell-- 6253 (12:16) --6235 (12:31) = +18
Australia 200 - Daily Rolling Sell-- 4331.5 (01:49) --4291.5 (05:12) = +40

Daily Total = 283.1

I'm very happy with today, not only did i wake up to a nice blue Dax30 and Auz200 i managed to keep up with the winning streak all day. It's highly unlikely for me to get above 200 points in a day as most times that i have i've simply ended up giving some or all of it back to the markets, today i stopped on a high before i slipped up and lost my hard earned profits. I very nearly made some stupid mistakes, the two longs (what the fook was i thinking) it was a short trend today and for some bizarre reason i took 2 long trades?? Anyway it taught me a lesson as i got in to trouble with both of them, however i managed to close +2 and +1, they were not totally stupid as i had picked them out using S&R and round numbers, but they were weak trades tbh, maybe even impulse trades. All my trades today were all based on S&R, Breakouts, Channel Trading and Round Numbers.

Ok so to evaluate, as i said in the OP any winning day for me is a great day, even +10 is a happy ending as i'm after consistent wins each day that i trade. I can't promise how much i'll be trading as work is very important to me right now as i'm launching a new business but i'll have a little more spare time than last month so will be able to get the ball rolling again. Maybe one day if all goes well i'll be able to do less work and focus more on trading, that is my aim but its a few years off yet as i have a lot on my plate.

Hope all is well

EDIT: Just seen a nice set up and took that for: +30 i'll add it to the list. I should of sat on my fingers after 9 winning trades but it was still a short trend and i seen a lovely fake upwards breakout on Dow which slowed at 12100, as soon as i had an inclination it was about to correct back down i shorted at 12095 and placed my stop super tight at 12105 and had a TP of 12065.
I think that what you said in the edit was the most important thing you said. And that was you sat on your fingers.................Enough said.........That is great that you realized that............Sometimes you should just sit and sometimes you should go if it meets your criteria to trade.........
JahDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Doomberg
Old Nov 1, 2011, 10:58pm   #68
 
Doomberg's Avatar
Joined Mar 2011
Re: Doomberg's Journal - Ticking Along Nicely

Doomberg started this thread Yes it is certainly very important to sit on your fingers when trading to make sure you don't impulse trade... the -80 and -81 were in fact impulse trades, i bought 2 of my normal contracts by accident instead of one, to make things worse it was at a crap part of support that i thought it had broke through when it decided to bounce, closing me out and then dropping by much more. The other loss of -12 was in fact at error of my broker, as this morning at about 3am my platform conveniently stopped working after many consecutive wins, the site home page worked fine but as soon as i entered my log in the site seemed to crash each time from any browser? Hmm seems dodgy, anyway in the end after not seeing what was going on with the charts i just called my broker and he put a small stop on my Dow and i went off to bed, if my stop was left at at 60 which it was what i'd 1st planned i'd of woken up to +124, so i'm having a "little chat" with them to see what they will do. The trades earlier in the day start from the bottom, some were closed at the time as i added contracts to good trades. I don't have time to go and write down all the open and close times today and i haven't put spacers in the numbers i've copied off the invoice but i'm sure you can work it out.

Product Action Open Close
Wall Street - Daily Rolling Sell 11755 11695 +60
Wall Street - Daily Rolling Sell 11643 11724 -81
Wall Street - Daily Rolling Sell 11641 11721 -80
Germany 30 - Daily Rolling Sell 5861.5 5838.5 +23
Germany 30 - Daily Rolling Sell 5885 5838.5 +46.5
Germany 30 - Daily Rolling Sell 5886.8 5838.5 +48.3
Germany 30 - Daily Rolling Sell 5861.8 5838.5 +23.3
Wall Street - Daily Rolling Sell 11796 11672 +124 HOME RUN
EURUSD Rolling Daily Sell 1.3705 1.3647 +58
Wall Street - Daily Rolling Sell 11811 11811 +/-0
Wall Street - Daily Rolling Sell 11927 11939 -12

Total = 211.1

Happy with today again, more than happy but them losses could of been avoided... i'd just took some hefty wins so i should of gone for a walk, instead i took a trade i knew was weak! luckily i was still way in the blue.

I have 2 overnight short positions that are currently in the blue too:

Dow Jones: Entry - 11725
EUR/USD: Entry - 1.3680

I have no idea when i'll be closing them, but i'll be up late working on something so i will have time to keep an eye on them for at least 5-6 hours, i may close then... or if they looking healthy i may move the stops to BE and go to bed.

Hope all is well
Doomberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: MajorDutch
Old Nov 2, 2011, 4:42pm   #69
 
Doomberg's Avatar
Joined Mar 2011
Re: Doomberg's Journal - Ticking Along Nicely

Doomberg started this thread Ok so today I LOST CONTROL

And its killing me, i just lost a lot serious money... why? Due to rule breaks and not taking a loss on the chin. I am exactly BE this week in terms of money but this is bad, its a perfect example of what i used to do when i just started, when i had no rules or discipline. 1st of all i took a small loss of -15... the 1st loss was in fact the brokers fault as my platform was down (again) and something came over me, when i was back online i took a crap trade within a few mins and lost that too (why did i take the trade? I don't know) -.-

Then i got really aggitated but decided to wait for a better trade, i bought a short on EUR/USD and was in equity quite quick and then also bought a contract on Dow Jones... after the news of the Greek primeminister resigning i was sure that we were still in a short trend so this confirmed that i may of made the right choice. Then all of a sudden a pullback comes from no where, if i had a brain i would of just closed at a loss on the Euro and Dow but instead i believed it was going to come back down so what did young muggins do? Added conracts to my losing positions until i had 5 on Dow and 3 on Euro, to my despair it continued to go against me, so like a fool i just moved my stops to an area that was very far away, i thought to myself "today i'm either going to earn or lose a large sum of money" complete stupididy and after being up all night watching charts i finally get closed ut at about 6am. I tried to catch a the upwards surge with a new Dow but was stopped out on that too and also 2 more Euro positions, i had completely lost it.

Product Action Open Close
EURUSD Rolling Daily Sell 1.3814 1.3825 -11
EURUSD Rolling Daily Sell 1.3809 1.3819 -10
Wall Street - Daily Rolling Buy 11824 11788 -36
EURUSD Rolling Daily Sell 1.3736 1.3741 -5
EURUSD Rolling Daily Sell 1.368 1.3747 -67
EURUSD Rolling Daily Sell 1.3707 1.3747 -40
Wall Street - Daily Rolling Sell 11689 11805 -118
Wall Street - Daily Rolling Sell 11725 11805 -80
Wall Street - Daily Rolling Sell 11747 11763 -16
Wall Street - Daily Rolling Sell 11749 11759 -10
Wall Street - Daily Rolling Sell 11707 11740 -33
EURUSD Rolling Daily Sell 1.3682 1.3717 -35
EURUSD Rolling Daily Sell 1.3666 1.3691 -25
EURUSD Rolling Daily Sell 1.3657 1.3672 -15

Total = -501

I really don't know how i keep breaking my rules, before the early hours of today i had done 17 wins 3 losses this week and then my demons hit and i completely flipped and put had no sense what so ever, i suppose when this happens its buying information from the markets and luckily it's just profits i have lost but what a crap thing to happen, the only few days i will get to day trade properly and i blow all my hard work on a stressful night of torture.

Oh well, i feel like i do have a talent in trading but i just HAVE to get rid of my demons.

Hope everyone else is ok
Doomberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2011, 4:59pm   #70
Joined Aug 2008
Re: Doomberg's Journal - Ticking Along Nicely

mate that is brutal.
MajorDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2011, 5:20pm   #71
 
Doomberg's Avatar
Joined Mar 2011
Re: Doomberg's Journal - Ticking Along Nicely

Doomberg started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorDutch View Post
mate that is brutal.
Yep 501 pips down in a day, i'm struggling to get over it to be honest.

After talking with some trader friends they have calmed me down a bit with their experience. To conclude it seems that if i am in control all is usually fine and i can pick some sensible trades, i've illustrated that i am capable of getting good returns but i do have a dark side, a side that sometimes can't let go. Sometimes if i take a hit, i don't know why but i just break my rules, i know i'm doing it and i know i'll probably regret it.. a friend of mine who is at a higher level then me says that we've all been there and that its like girls calling you over with their fingers, trying to get your attention but you just have to learn to ignore them no matter how attractive they are. It seems for me losses come at once as this is when my emotions seem get the better of me, i think that from now on i may limit myself to 100 pip loss, i mean i can live with a 100 pip loss without getting the urge to jump off a bridge. Once again i am reminded "Stick to your rules"

-501 what the hell was i thinking, oh well this is only going to improve my trading in the long run.
Doomberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2011, 5:58pm   #72
 
bbmac's Avatar
Joined Jan 2003
Re: Doomberg's Journal - Ticking Along Nicely

Wow ! That's one bad day....sorry to hear it...developing the right psychological skills to trade an edge is what Mark Douglas describes as being needed to close the 'Profit gap,' ie the difference between having a profitable edge and actually trading it profitably. I remain convinced it is this that seperates the profitable traders from the unprofitable ones...like learning the edge itself - it can take time.

Continued G/L with your journey.

BBmac.
__________________
I can stand the despair - it's the hope I can't manage (John Cleese - Clockwork.)
bbmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: neil , p-lab , Doomberg
Old Nov 2, 2011, 6:03pm   #73
 
Doomberg's Avatar
Joined Mar 2011
Re: Doomberg's Journal - Ticking Along Nicely

Doomberg started this thread Thanks bbmac, wise words there
Doomberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2011, 6:43pm   #74
Joined Dec 2008
Re: Doomberg's Journal - Ticking Along Nicely

Doomberg, to cut to the chase, it doesn't seem like you've worked out how to accept losses. Either all of your day is winners, huge losers, or there's a few huge losers mixed in with the winners, which indicates to me that you're hanging on to scratch it as you don't want to take the loss, and as a result it gets out of control. First cut is the cheapest as they say!
JRP2891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2011, 7:32pm   #75
 
Doomberg's Avatar
Joined Mar 2011
Re: Doomberg's Journal - Ticking Along Nicely

Doomberg started this thread This is so true, i'll be writing down my rule plan 'again' and making sure i stick to it in future and i hope that i have to do a post like todays again, today was sheer lunacy, if i was working or a prop firm or trading with others money i'd of played by my rules so why did i do this with my own hard earned money? See this is such a tease because i totally believe that i can make it in this business and i will do if it kills me.
Doomberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Credit Crunch – Is your Margin Lender or CFD provider a ticking time BOMB? MarketScholar General Trading Chat 5 Nov 17, 2010 9:42am
Another Journal... trader_dante Trading Journals 25 Sep 19, 2010 9:43am
A journal arabianights Trading Journals 66 Jan 10, 2010 1:09pm
Google Chrome runs nicely with T2W abottoml Trading Software 5 Sep 5, 2008 6:52am

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)