College Fund Challenge

This is a discussion on College Fund Challenge within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by Hotch It could be the case, that he's done detailed statistical analysis over a statistically significant sample, ...

View Poll Results: How close to my goal of $2,000,000 do you think I will get?
You think I will blow the account and my $100 will be lost. 79 58.52%
You think I will somewhat earn a profit $200-$1,500. 17 12.59%
You think I will get a pretty good return but not close to $2,000,000. 27 20.00%
You think I will get way more then $2,000,000. 12 8.89%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 22, 2011, 7:34pm   #351
Joined Sep 2010
Re: College Fund Challenge

tkbieber started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotch View Post
It could be the case, that he's done detailed statistical analysis over a statistically significant sample, and found that it's more likely to have a win after a loss, there could even be logical reasons for this occurring. This would justify the approach somewhat, I somehow doubt this is the case though.
Actually, you are correct. That is why I will be doing it. It would be crazy not to run the tests and study the risk.
tkbieber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2011, 7:35pm   #352
Joined Sep 2010

tkbieber started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeginnerJoe View Post
Actually he already learned it in the past, and fully aware of the risks. This is why he's risking a relatively small amount of his own money. The things he's saying are for the benefit of the investors, I mean friends and families, who don't care if it's right or wrong as long as it sounds good.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 9:15pm   #353
Joined Sep 2010

tkbieber started this thread Ok, well that week is done.

$2M account is -40.4% so far for the month. I am anticipating it will take about two months to get to where it use to be and then it's back on track for the $2M. It may now take two years and two months to achieve the goal. Oh well.

To our group members, I may be adding a third system to the trading style and give equal weight on all three systems so that when there will be a loss with my system, it will only lose about 10-15% of the account and the other two systems should keep it well in profit each month. More info to come via email.

Have a great weekend!
Old Sep 23, 2011, 9:53pm   #354
Joined Mar 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeginnerJoe View Post
Taking the 1 pip profit after a long drawdown phase is just to keep the other noobs watching interested for the 100% win rate. Essentially these are break even measures and any further price move into the profit direction is not relevant.

The goal here is not really making 2 millions, rather to attract more investors, aka "friends and families", hence the requirement for the 100% win rate.
I don't think that is the case. He just told too many people how well he was doing, and they wanted a piece of it. Problem is, they probably don't understand the risks, so won't be happy when they see the money going down and he hasn't told them they are now down, so now hes trying to risk more to get them back to even at least. The deposits you see are probably out of his own pocket.
brettus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2011, 10:19pm   #355
Joined Sep 2010

tkbieber started this thread [QUOTE=brettus;1683382]I don't think that is the case. He just told too many people how well he was doing, and they wanted a piece of it. Problem is, they probably don't understand the risks, WRONG, THEY DO so won't be happy when they see the money going down and he hasn't told them they are now down, so now hes trying to risk more to get them back to even at least. WRONG AGAIN, IT'S JUST PART OF THE SYSTEM. IT TAKES A FEW WEEKS TO GET IT BACK. The deposits you see are probably out of his own pocket. AND FINALLY, COULD NOT BE MORE WRONG AGAIN BUT THAN AGAIN YOU ARE NOT A MEMBER SO GUESSING IS THE BEST YOU CAN DO.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 10:34pm   #356
Joined Mar 2010

[QUOTE=tkbieber;1683404]
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettus View Post
I don't think that is the case. He just told too many people how well he was doing, and they wanted a piece of it. Problem is, they probably don't understand the risks, WRONG, THEY DO so won't be happy when they see the money going down and he hasn't told them they are now down, so now hes trying to risk more to get them back to even at least. WRONG AGAIN, IT'S JUST PART OF THE SYSTEM. IT TAKES A FEW WEEKS TO GET IT BACK. The deposits you see are probably out of his own pocket. AND FINALLY, COULD NOT BE MORE WRONG AGAIN BUT THAN AGAIN YOU ARE NOT A MEMBER SO GUESSING IS THE BEST YOU CAN DO.
I struck a nerve. Don't worry they will forgive you, and still be your family when it's all over.
brettus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2011, 10:57pm   #357
Joined Jun 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettus View Post
I struck a nerve. Don't worry they will forgive you, and still be your family when it's all over.
I am always moved by a big happy family story.
BeginnerJoe is offline   Reply With Quote