College Fund Challenge

This is a discussion on College Fund Challenge within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by tkbieber Another +25 pips today for account 2 . The months started slow but, not such a ...

View Poll Results: How close to my goal of $2,000,000 do you think I will get?
You think I will blow the account and my $100 will be lost. 79 58.52%
You think I will somewhat earn a profit $200-$1,500. 17 12.59%
You think I will get a pretty good return but not close to $2,000,000. 27 20.00%
You think I will get way more then $2,000,000. 12 8.89%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 30, 2011, 3:51pm   #225
Joined Oct 2010
Re: College Fund Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkbieber View Post
Another +25 pips today for account 2.

The months started slow but, not such a bad ending. I'll get the totals out Friday.
Yes, also some no trades, but overall positive!! We though have one day left to trade in the month!!

Last edited by joke; Aug 30, 2011 at 3:54pm. Reason: adding
joke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2011, 6:37pm   #226
Joined Sep 2010

tkbieber started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by joke View Post
Yes, also some no trades, but overall positive!! We though have one day left to trade in the month!!
For me I had a full week of no trades. It doesn't happen very often but it will occasionally. It's over the 37% gain mark so isn't the lowest month I have had.
tkbieber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2011, 6:04am   #227
Joined Sep 2010

Quote:
For me I had a full week of no trades. It doesn't happen very often but it will occasionally.
According to your Account 2 you had trades on 25, 29 and 30 of this month.

So did your Account 1
Old Aug 31, 2011, 6:33am   #228
Joined Sep 2010

Quote:
The EA has built in indicators and filters that when the "stars" line up and the indicators are doing their thing, a trade will happen. It works like most other EA's. I'm not sure what more the guy wants? .
Good morning tkbieber, please excuse my lack of knowledge about EAs, but can you answer the following questions.
-Are you saying that you do not know what indicators and filters the EA is using for its entry signals?
-How did you add your special sauce to juice it up if you don't know what its inbuilt indicators are?
-What time is the entry trade updated on your MetaTrader4 page? After the trade has closed ? or is there simply a delay on posting the entry? I was watching at 7.15 GMT, as shown on the MetaTrader4 page, today but saw no new entry.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 11:48am   #229
Joined May 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by traderman1 View Post
-How did you add your special sauce to juice it up if you don't know what its inbuilt indicators are?
Sorry I am not Tkbieber but I can answer to this question too.

Most EAs have built-in parameters you can adjust to fine tune the performance.
Tkbieber has some custom settings for the EA thats his secret sauce.

Last edited by victor_db; Aug 31, 2011 at 12:13pm.
victor_db is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2011, 12:45pm   #230
Joined Sep 2010

tkbieber started this thread +1 pip for today.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 1:07pm   #231
Joined Sep 2010

tkbieber started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by traderman1 View Post
Good morning tkbieber, please excuse my lack of knowledge about EAs, but can you answer the following questions.
-Are you saying that you do not know what indicators and filters the EA is using for its entry signals?
-What time is the entry trade updated on your MetaTrader4 page? After the trade has closed ? or is there simply a delay on posting the entry? I was watching at 7.15 GMT, as shown on the MetaTrader4 page, today but saw no new entry.
Yes, I've changed up the settings and entry times. Far from what the manual says. 7:15 is server time for mt4stats site and 1:15 easthern, so that would be what, 5:15 gmt?