Sports Trading: the 20 challenge

This is a discussion on Sports Trading: the 20 challenge within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by shadowninja I suppose I could have carried on with that in-game system via a bot to remove ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 9, 2012, 2:49pm   #41

1 Posts
Joined Feb 2012
Thumbs up Re: Sports Trading: the 20 challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowninja View Post
I suppose I could have carried on with that in-game system via a bot to remove the stress/anxiety as I've proven to myself that it is a winner but I don't have the technical ability.
Hi shadowninja. I recently got interested in trading through Betfair and this comment of yours really picked my curiosity. I had in mind this idea of developing an automated trading bot too.. I'm pretty confident I have the technical ability, what I lack is the trading system. Maybe you would be interested in making a 'partnership' so we could develop a sofware system that works for the two of us? I know we don't know each other at all, but that could be changed.. Drop me a line if this sounds interesting to you at all!
hhaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2012, 11:25am   #42

Joined Jul 2007
Re: Sports Trading: the 20 challenge

shadowninja started this thread Well, I scratched that new idea. The averages kicked in, if you see what I mean.

I'm now using a longer term system going for 15-20 ticks a time which seems to be working quite well over maybe 100 trades. Am trying to refine the rules for a "set up" that gets profit while keeping losses to a minimum.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 1:30pm   #43

Joined Jul 2007

shadowninja started this thread Interestingly, my forays into sports trading has improved my financial trading. Oh, hang on, spank me for not towing the line that sports trading is just gambling for degenerates.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 5:54am   #44

4 Posts
Joined Jun 2004

Trading in-play at Betfair is a lot riskier than trading before the event's kick off. Although reward is also higher, I normally recommend against trading in-play before experimenting with fixed odds movements before the start of a horse race for example. Pre-game sports trading at horse racing simulates much more of a financial market like stock market. Imagine trading a market that breaking news is published every second (trading in-play horse racing) or never know when breaking news will be published (trading in-play football games - time of scoring a goal).

Tennis trading is much more advisable, especially during the first set.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 1:48pm   #45

Joined Jul 2007

shadowninja started this thread Crikey. Jim Makos has replied to my thread. Am honoured. Seen your YT videos.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 8:50pm   #46
Joined Nov 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowninja View Post
Crikey. Jim Makos has replied to my thread. Am honoured. Seen your YT videos.
He is indeed a bit of a legend lol
wontgivein! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 8:53pm   #47
Joined Nov 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhaller View Post
Hi shadowninja. I recently got interested in trading through Betfair and this comment of yours really picked my curiosity. I had in mind this idea of developing an automated trading bot too.. I'm pretty confident I have the technical ability, what I lack is the trading system. Maybe you would be interested in making a 'partnership' so we could develop a sofware system that works for the two of us? I know we don't know each other at all, but that could be changed.. Drop me a line if this sounds interesting to you at all!
If you ever to create a bot make sure you include a liability trigger of some kind - there are some pretty infamous stories where traders have lost huge sums of money due to a bot going wrong.
wontgivein! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2013, 10:32am   #48

Joined Jan 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavind View Post
New to trading right here. What has he achieved so far. I feel dumb asking this.
Check out his youtube videos
China Diapers is offline   Reply With Quote