Pin Bar System

This is a discussion on Pin Bar System within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by klw "cant watch them all, i dont know whats happen to people posting on here? anyone seen ...

View Poll Results: Should Pocrel trade the "pin bar system" live again
yes 21 87.50%
no 3 12.50%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 20, 2011, 3:38pm   #897
Joined Aug 2010
Re: Pin Bar System

Quote:
Originally Posted by klw View Post
"cant watch them all, i dont know whats happen to people posting on here? anyone seen these setups? "

Hi Pocrel -- Re. the above,if others are like me,they are starting to unwind for the weekend.I seem to be doing more leisure stuff than trading at the moment as the weather is just gorgeous right now in the UK. There are not too many people following the thread today but I'm sure I can speak for a lot of others that do follow this thread that we are extremely grateful for what you do so please keep up the good work,it is much appreciated.

klw
I agree with that. Its good to have lots of people posting but i think a lot in the UK will be very part time trading at the moment. Great weather, school holidays and a couple of good bank holidays coming up. I am trying, but its tough even getting paying work done at the moment.
Mata Nui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2011, 11:30pm   #898
Joined Aug 2008

There was a 0900 pin bar on EURUSD this morning see chart attached. The nose on the pin bar wasnt ideal however bar closed above open and price moved swiftly to the next pivot.

With the market gapping last night on the european indices the pivots were all blown through right from the get go. I still made it a profitable day even though there were a few stop outs.
Attached Thumbnails
pic.gif  

Last edited by MajorDutch; Apr 20, 2011 at 11:38pm.
MajorDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2011, 9:16am   #899
Joined Feb 2005

Hi,
Great thread Pocrel. First trade today on Eur/Usd after following this thread for a while. I came out with 18 pips as news was imminent. I hope some more experienced people can confirm the signal was valid.
Attached Thumbnails
eurusd-21-april.jpg  
Howlinwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2011, 11:24am   #900
DDI
Joined Nov 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlinwolf View Post
Hi,
Great thread Pocrel. First trade today on Eur/Usd after following this thread for a while. I came out with 18 pips as news was imminent. I hope some more experienced people can confirm the signal was valid.
Hi, I wouldnt call myself experienced but I think the bar you took was quite bearish, as close was both below open and quite a distance from the bars high..but it worjed

The 8:00-830 bar would qualify as a more valid entry.
DDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2011, 1:40pm   #901

Joined Nov 2008

pocrel started this thread morning again in the afternoon here in london, going to try and get a few trades on this afternoon dont know how long i will last as someone on here said the heat in london is great at the moment and i think a nice glass on vino in the garden is a nicer prospect than looking at charts

a quick winner would be nice, still need to draw my line so please flag any trades if you see them

thanks

patrick
pocrel is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2011, 2:23pm   #902
Joined Feb 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDI View Post
Hi, I wouldnt call myself experienced but I think the bar you took was quite bearish, as close was both below open and quite a distance from the bars high..but it worjed

The 8:00-830 bar would qualify as a more valid entry.
Thanks for your help DDI, I'm still working through all the posts since the beginning. So if the candle had been green ( for a long trade) with a better Pinbar shape it would have been an entry signal in your eyes?
Old Apr 21, 2011, 2:45pm   #903
klw
Joined Sep 2005

" Thanks for your help DDI, I'm still working through all the posts since the beginning. So if the candle had been green ( for a long trade) with a better Pinbar shape it would have been an entry signal in your eyes? "

Your best bet Howlinwolf is to look at Pocrel's charts that he has posted.The signal bars all have a common theme.If you click on the paper clip,top right at the end of the page numbers,there you will see all the charts that have been posted in this thread and you'll soon see which are Pocrel's. Also have a look to see which were successful and which failed and if you find anything please let us know. lol

Good luck.
klw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2011, 2:49pm   #904
Joined Feb 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by klw View Post
" Thanks for your help DDI, I'm still working through all the posts since the beginning. So if the candle had been green ( for a long trade) with a better Pinbar shape it would have been an entry signal in your eyes? "

Your best bet Howlinwolf is to look at Pocrel's charts that he has posted.The signal bars all have a common theme.If you click on the paper clip,top right at the end of the page numbers,there you will see all the charts that have been posted in this thread and you'll soon see which are Pocrel's. Also have a look to see which were successful and which failed and if you find anything please let us know. lol

Good luck.
Thanks for the tip Klw, I didn't know that was what the paperclip was for!