Average 500 pips weekly

This is a discussion on Average 500 pips weekly within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Marbig, can u please tell me how to use trailing stops? I never used it even tho I read a ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 27, 2011, 5:48pm   #91
Joined Oct 2006
Re: Average 500 pips weekly

Pip Maker started this thread Marbig, can u please tell me how to use trailing stops? I never used it even tho I read a lot about it but it seems so confusing to me. I would really appreciate your help. Thank you.
Pip Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2011, 7:50pm   #92
Joined Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pip Maker View Post
Marbig, can u please tell me how to use trailing stops? I never used it even tho I read a lot about it but it seems so confusing to me. I would really appreciate your help. Thank you.

Hi Pip Maker,

I have read your journal and I just hope it works for you.

trailing stop loss

Definition from http://www.investorwords.com/5044/tr...stop_loss.html thanks google

A complex stop-loss order in which the stop loss price is set at some fixed percentage below the market price. If the market price rises, the stop loss price rises proportionately, but if the stock price falls, the stop loss price doesn't change. This technique allows an investor to set a limit on the maximum possible loss without setting a limit on the maximum possible gain, and without requiring paying attention to the investment on an ongoing basis.

Read more: http://www.investorwords.com/5044/tr...#ixzz1HpKP6fGr

How to select it?

U just need to select trailing stop when you place the order on your platform and choose the number of pips or % you can afford to loose per trade. Very easy to use.

Hope it helps
ygenot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2011, 12:11am   #93
Joined Feb 2011

Pip Maker Where did you go? Are you still trading? You had good potential.
marbig is offline   Reply With Quote