Let's Play the US Markets

This is a discussion on Let's Play the US Markets within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by NickElliott My name is Nick Elliott, my skype address is nick.elliott13 if you want to see me ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 11, 2010, 11:19am   #29
Joined Sep 2008
Re: Let's Play the US Markets

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickElliott
My name is Nick Elliott, my skype address is nick.elliott13 if you want to see me in person. I work with Sotos at Tradenet but I am not the marketing manager nor am I involved with the marketing here.
Did I miss something? I found this:
Attached Thumbnails
nickelliot.gif  
wackypete2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2010, 11:39am   #30

Joined May 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by DionysusToast View Post
Sadly - no-one at T2W really cares about this - either that or they are just naive. It literally sickens me that people like barjon either can't or won't see through the bullsh1t.
Now just hang on a minute, toastie.

Let's just review what we've got here:

1. The OP starts a journal to record his purported learning journey.

2. In his opening post he sets out his objectives and it links to a separate blog.

3. That blog is very professional, but has some interesting content and is relatively harmless since it carries no advertising. Nonetheless the OP is warned against putting that link in posts.

4. It does, however, carry the statement "My name is Nick Elliott. I started working for an organisation called Tradenet who teach people to trade on the US markets. I’ve been here for 2 months now and I thought I’d better get involved and actually see if what they are teaching is actually 1: Achievable and 2: A genuine way to make..."

5. Thus, there is the suspicion that the whole exercise is a device to puff the services of Tradenet. Whilst that may well be the case there has been no advertising of those services and as I said before we tolerate vendors as long as their posts are informative and useful to members (in relation to trading) and as long as they do not advertise their services. Nonetheless the OP has been required to register as a vendor in order that members know there is background commercial interest.

6. So, as yet, there has been no significant breach of our guidelines.

7. There are many useful and informative posts on T2W made by vendors and I dare say most of them have the interests of the vendors' commercial interest in the background.

So why not just let the OP get on with it and see what he contributes. Again, as I said before, if it turns out merely to be puffing a commercial service then it won't last long.

cheers

jon
barjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2010, 11:43am   #31
Joined Nov 2001

Quote:
Sadly - no-one at T2W really cares about this - either that or they are just naive. It literally sickens me that people like barjon either can't or won't see through the bullsh1t.

I knew that one would make Jon swallow a golf ball!
Splitlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: timsk
Old Dec 11, 2010, 12:09pm   #32
Joined Oct 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackypete2 View Post
Like I said before these guys take us all for fools, unfortunately for them more and more people are starting to check up on them and do some background checks. This is a classic example.
pboyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2010, 4:10pm   #33

Joined Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by barjon View Post
Now just hang on a minute, toastie.

Let's just review what we've got here:

1. The OP starts a journal to record his purported learning journey.

2. In his opening post he sets out his objectives and it links to a separate blog.

3. That blog is very professional, but has some interesting content and is relatively harmless since it carries no advertising. Nonetheless the OP is warned against putting that link in posts.

4. It does, however, carry the statement "My name is Nick Elliott. I started working for an organisation called Tradenet who teach people to trade on the US markets. I’ve been here for 2 months now and I thought I’d better get involved and actually see if what they are teaching is actually 1: Achievable and 2: A genuine way to make..."

5. Thus, there is the suspicion that the whole exercise is a device to puff the services of Tradenet. Whilst that may well be the case there has been no advertising of those services and as I said before we tolerate vendors as long as their posts are informative and useful to members (in relation to trading) and as long as they do not advertise their services. Nonetheless the OP has been required to register as a vendor in order that members know there is background commercial interest.

6. So, as yet, there has been no significant breach of our guidelines.

7. There are many useful and informative posts on T2W made by vendors and I dare say most of them have the interests of the vendors' commercial interest in the background.

So why not just let the OP get on with it and see what he contributes. Again, as I said before, if it turns out merely to be puffing a commercial service then it won't last long.

cheers

jon
Like I say Jon - the blog IS an advert.

I bet you drink Evian.

You might want to put view a bottle in the mirror before you buy the next case.
I cannot see., however why we should expect to find a "system" which will work in the stock market; surely the possibilities of profits for the student justify the time and effort required to learn market interpretation.

Humphrey B Neill - 1931
DionysusToast is offline Software vendor   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2010, 4:11pm   #34

Joined Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackypete2 View Post
LMAO !!!!

Click the image to open in full size.

Move along - nothing to see here...

Just a senior sales exec at a scam firm with his blog set up by their Head of Online Marketing.

All will be above board, I'm sure.

As Jon says - other than being dishonest, they have done nothing wrong...
I cannot see., however why we should expect to find a "system" which will work in the stock market; surely the possibilities of profits for the student justify the time and effort required to learn market interpretation.

Humphrey B Neill - 1931

Last edited by DionysusToast; Dec 11, 2010 at 4:19pm.
DionysusToast is offline Software vendor   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2010, 4:51pm   #35

Joined May 2003

Quote:

............As Jon says - other than being dishonest, they have done nothing wrong...

Blimey, toastie, you are a purist

The boards would look pretty bare if everyone with some kind of background commercial interest (vendor or not) and anyone who told a porkie were excluded. Might be only you left

jon
barjon is offline   Reply With Quote