futures trading in hong kong

This is a discussion on futures trading in hong kong within the Trading Firms forums, part of the Trading Career category; futures trading in Hong Kong -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi Everyone. I have been working for a prop firm in london for over ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 22, 2008, 3:52pm   #1

8 Posts
Joined Feb 2004
futures trading in hong kong

futures trading in Hong Kong

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Everyone.
I have been working for a prop firm in london for over 4 years now. I am thinking of relocating to Hong Kong to trade there,with the same firm. They do not have an office there but the company is fine if i want to trade from there. I mainly trade the US and European Products so the hrs may be little funny, but i think the lower tax environment(16% max) and lifestyle( i originally from HK but been to UK for 17 years now) would suit me better.

What i like to know is will the live feed become an issue in terms of latency, given that the connection will probably be routed back to London then to the exchange. I would presonally perfer to trade in an office there then from home. Does anyone know where i may be able to hire a desk/office share to trade, where the office will have high speed internet access.

In addtional, could anyone tell me if i do move to HK but visit UK occasionally and trade in UK ,say 2-3 weeks a day. Will i be liable for UK income tax on those days?..

Thanks for any advice

ka
kachau13 is offline   Reply With Quote