Trading with a view to join a prop firm

This is a discussion on Trading with a view to join a prop firm within the Trading Firms forums, part of the Trading Career category; Originally Posted by Quantt Frankly I have no idea, since I am not into day trading, not saying it's not ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 3, 2017, 9:20pm   #17
Joined Sep 2017
Nowler started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantt View Post
Frankly I have no idea, since I am not into day trading, not saying it's not working, but it's not my cup of tea, unless you can automate it (hence the HFT reference)... Looks like very stressful job, if you have to do it day after day staring into screens all the time...
I am aware that in 2008 they reinvented themselves from the remains of an algo focused approach and from what I can tell, they still use it but only to a point. The human element is very much a part of their approach.

I am still optimistic and enthusiastic about it and at the very least it's a means to an end! I put up with a lot of crap where I am now and no support. At least i'll get support there with them and be encouraged to perform better...here....meh...let's just say I am looking forward to the opportunity to struggle in Dublin, staring at screens all day

Let's see if I snag an interview
Nowler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2017, 9:24pm   #18

Joined Jul 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowler View Post
I am aware that in 2008 they reinvented themselves from the remains of an algo focused approach and from what I can tell, they still use it but only to a point. The human element is very much a part of their approach.

I am still optimistic and enthusiastic about it and at the very least it's a means to an end! I put up with a lot of crap where I am now and no support. At least i'll get support there with them and be encouraged to perform better...here....meh...let's just say I am looking forward to the opportunity to struggle in Dublin, staring at screens all day

Let's see if I snag an interview
I really, really hope it works out for you, so good luck and keep us posted...

My number 1 trading rule: EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Quantt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2017, 9:40pm   #19
Joined Sep 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantt View Post
I really, really hope it works out for you, so good luck and keep us posted...
Me too buddy! Me too!
I'll certainly keep you all up to date. I really appreciate all the help i've gotten from you fine folks! Your efforts are not in vein
Old Nov 3, 2017, 10:02pm   #20
Joined Sep 2017
Nowler started this thread EDIT: I'm overthinking things...

Wooosaa...

Last edited by Nowler; Nov 4, 2017 at 2:29am.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 7:51pm   #21

Joined Sep 2014
Quote:
EDIT: I'm overthinking things...

Wooosaa...
was that the had an accident at 13yrs old and needed a hip replacement & gained a lot of weight due to thyroid problems post.
call me a barstuart-but i wasnt buying it.......................................
itspossible is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2017, 8:00pm   #22
Joined Sep 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by itspossible View Post
was that the had an accident at 13yrs old and needed a hip replacement & gained a lot of weight due to thyroid problems post.
call me a barstuart-but i wasnt buying it.......................................
I am not Enlightened Joe.
Please keep your trolling away from me.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 10:46pm   #23

Joined Sep 2014
Quote:
I am not Enlightened Joe.
Please keep your trolling away from me.
just being honest and speaking from the heart Nowler.
Im i supposed to believe everything that you say?
Am i a brainless robot?
I was about to challenge the post and the next day i discovered it was deleted ?
itspossible is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2017, 11:49pm   #24
Joined Sep 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by itspossible View Post
just being honest and speaking from the heart Nowler.
Im i supposed to believe everything that you say?
Am i a brainless robot?
I was about to challenge the post and the next day i discovered it was deleted ?
I respect honesty and I am not trying to offend you, but I don't appreciate what I perceived to be you trying to instigate something because you are bored, or perhaps spiteful. What purpose would your challenging have? What does it have to do with trading. I edited it because I was clearly overthinking things. Hence the edited message. I am getting a bit carried away with myself and I might not even get an interview.

I have no interest in discussing anything other than my trading with you. So I'm certainly not going to get into discussion with you over something such as my health. I don't particularly care if you believe anything I say or not my friend. I am here for one purpose... 2 purposes...to improve my trading and to talk to fellow traders about trading.

Again I don't mean to offend you, I know how the internet works, particularly forums and social media so this is all I have to say on the matter. If you have anything productive or constructive to say then by all means do, but please don't start looking for silly things to argue about. We all have better things to be doing that trying to work out whether I have an underactive thyroid gland or hip replacement.

I'd really appreciate it

EDIT: If I am understanding the situation incorrectly then I sincerely apologize

Last edited by Nowler; Nov 4, 2017 at 11:55pm.