The Arcade Traders "Pit Stories" Thread

This is a discussion on The Arcade Traders "Pit Stories" Thread within the Trading Firms forums, part of the Trading Career category; LOL! how did he get trapped and why did it make the front page?!?...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 23, 2005, 3:15pm   #33

Joined Feb 2005
Directional started this thread LOL! how did he get trapped and why did it make the front page?!?
Directional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2005, 8:48pm   #34
Joined Sep 2005
during the war...

so this runner is just about nudging 16 but obviously couldnt get a suit to fit him but that didnt matter, he wouldnt stand out too much....on his second or third day, the lads collecting cards from the guys on the edge of the bund pit when wham, next thing he knows hes been lifted off his feet and dumped into the middle of the pit with a circle of traders chucking cards at him...he makes a run for it only to be grabbed by one 'senior' local who bends down and says

...''oi son d'you know what noise this is?''
-at which point he starts slapping his cheek..

little runner replies.....''no?'' (surpriise surprise)

trader says...''i'lll tell you, its my c++k slapping against your a++rse cheeks''

exit runner left, screaming and crying, pit dying of laughter..

trouble was they'd picked the wrong runner; he'd got down there with a firm only because his daddy was pals with a big wig from the l+++e board.

so, guess what story then appears in the evening standard later that week...and we're talking front page stuff...oh yes..........and guess what, horrendous fines followed soon afterwards to all those nasty nasty bully locals involved...
Pitscum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2005, 6:06pm   #35
Joined Sep 2005
i got fined 5k i seem to recall for pre -arranging a trade i didnt pre arrange. was a case of knowing this bloke did the same trade every month near the end of the month. so cos i only showed a bid and not an offer and was first out of the traps so i got hit, that was defined pre arranged...lovely.

i was shopped by a chappie called steve s who reinvented himself from being a crap bund options trader to working on cnbc or cnn business daily. seems hes crap at that too from when ive seen him on there. nothing holding the lad back other than a severe lack of talent........altho you could argue at least he is consistent

and now, years later to rub salt in wounds (!) i hear all options deals are pre arranged and then cross on the fangled machine.....

l+ff+ wheres me bleeding 5k back you bunch of crooks!!!!
Old Sep 26, 2005, 7:21pm   #36
Joined Jun 2005
i got fined £300 for using a wippet!!! well not quite, but it went like this.......

(a wippet was like a mobile phone but only worked in the liffe building - mobiles were not allowed on the floor)

so there i am, frantically calling out the futs down the wippet to my boss as he tries to manage his option position from the other side of the world (on holls) during a MAJOR figure, WHILE ALSO HAVING OTHER POSITIONS OF MY OWN THAT NEED TAKING CARE OF - NOT THAT MY BOSS GIVES A DAMN OF COURSE! anyway, i feel this tap and hear this voice behind me shouting 'NO MOBILES ON THE FLOOR!'

'F@*&K OFF IM BUSY' i reply thinking its some jerk or a runner trying to be funny.

'NO MOBILES ON THE FLOOR. WHATS YOUR MNEMONIC?' (id)

'F$$K OFF ******' i reply. my boss is also getting pi$$ed at this jerk now as well.

anyway, the tap turns into a hand on my shoulder and the person grabbed the wippet off of me. I span round ready to deck the twot, but stopped just in time..... it was don the floor manager!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!

he was bloody fuming!! all hell was still breaking lose, so i grabbed the wippet back off of him and carried on, hoping hed realise his mistake and leave me alone.

he didnt. guess hiss missus must have been giving him a hard time last night and decided to take his frustration back out on me.

anyway, while the ****** tries to explain that such language has no place on the floor (WTF!!??) i had to pay a fine......

i actually tried to appeal given the circumstances and HIS mistake, but the ******s were having none of it. one reason why liffe had a bad run after they lost the bund - lack of understanding towards their customers (ie the traders)
charliechan is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Directional
Old Sep 26, 2005, 7:26pm   #37
Joined Jun 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitscum
so this runner is just about nudging 16 but obviously couldnt get a suit to fit him but that didnt matter, he wouldnt stand out too much....on his second or third day, the lads collecting cards from the guys on the edge of the bund pit when wham, next thing he knows hes been lifted off his feet and dumped into the middle of the pit with a circle of traders chucking cards at him...he makes a run for it only to be grabbed by one 'senior' local who bends down and says

...''oi son d'you know what noise this is?''
-at which point he starts slapping his cheek..

little runner replies.....''no?'' (surpriise surprise)

trader says...''i'lll tell you, its my c++k slapping against your a++rse cheeks''

exit runner left, screaming and crying, pit dying of laughter..

trouble was they'd picked the wrong runner; he'd got down there with a firm only because his daddy was pals with a big wig from the l+++e board.

so, guess what story then appears in the evening standard later that week...and we're talking front page stuff...oh yes..........and guess what, horrendous fines followed soon afterwards to all those nasty nasty bully locals involved...

lol - i remember one guy grabbing a runner, pushing him up against the observers post and feigning anal intercourse with him - much to his displeasure (the runners that is!!!)

even the pit official was in fits - mind you, that runner was a real jerk.
charliechan is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Directional
Old Sep 29, 2005, 11:27am   #38
Joined Sep 2005
anyone remember 'le chat noir???''
Old Sep 29, 2005, 11:47am   #39
Joined Jun 2005
http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showth...threadid=56274
Old Sep 29, 2005, 12:22pm   #40
Joined Apr 2004
Am really enjoying this thread, thanks, sounds like you guys had some good times in the pits, i would have loved to have traded in them, electronic trading doesn't seem to have quite the same atmosphere as what you got to work in, keep the stories coming.
Mind you, not so sure about those "feigning anal intercourse" stories on the runners, thats a bit much isn't it? If someone tried doing that to me the only arm waving and shouting they'd ever do again is moments before i pushed them into oncoming traffic.
tommog is offline   Reply With Quote