How to use Level 2 to improve your trading?

This is a discussion on How to use Level 2 to improve your trading? within the Technical Analysis forums, part of the Methods category; Yes, you're totally right. I said they can see what you can't, but I meant that they see/feel/suspect/know/guess/venture/infer/surmise or simply ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 10, 2009, 3:30pm   #9

Joined Apr 2009
Yes, you're totally right.

I said they can see what you can't, but I meant that they see/feel/suspect/know/guess/venture/infer/surmise or simply wait for something important to happen.

note: Thesaurus works fine
Old Oct 12, 2011, 9:38pm   #10

1 Posts
Joined Oct 2011
Re: How to use Level 2 to improve your trading?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESguy View Post
but the big players can hide their orders by buying and selling in small blocks, time and sales/order flow is what made me £3 million for three years running back in my prop days just on the ES, all you have to do is sit and watch ES with order flow,time and sales, a tick cahrt , within a year you'll be a pro.
Greetings ES Guy,
korkmeister here. I'm a newbie on day 3 of a 30 day paper trading training program using Equityfeed as my info source. If my daily paper success rate is in the black i'll start using real money. Can you give me your step by step daily actions you took when you were implementing the system you mention above. Thank you. krkmstr.
korkmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2013, 5:16pm   #11
Joined Mar 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESguy View Post
but the big players can hide their orders by buying and selling in small blocks, time and sales/order flow is what made me £3 million for three years running back in my prop days just on the ES, all you have to do is sit and watch ES with order flow,time and sales, a tick cahrt , within a year you'll be a pro.
Sorry know this is an old post but:

Could you explain to me what "ES" is?

Always interested to learn.

Thank you.
Benji871 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2013, 1:40am   #12

Joined Mar 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji871 View Post
Sorry know this is an old post but:

Could you explain to me what "ES" is?

Always interested to learn.

Thank you.
It is the SP500 EMini trading instrument. EMini futures contracts. $50 a point, $12.50 a tick.

Cheers
numbertea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2013, 5:54pm   #13
Joined Mar 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by numbertea View Post
It is the SP500 EMini trading instrument. EMini futures contracts. $50 a point, $12.50 a tick.

Cheers
Appreciate it.

Thank you.
Benji871 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2013, 8:58am   #14
Joined Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Hello all,

I have been reading about level 2. All the information that I can find is about what is actually displayed on the screen in terms of buy and sell orders.

However I am struggling to understand how this information can actually be used to improve your trading.

I would appreciate your comments!

Stylo
While price charts show you the historical support and resistance, Level 2 can add colour in terms of where orders to buy and sell sit. This combination can help you decide where the price might find support or resistance in due course. If there is a big order for shares at 100p you might not want to sell short at 101p as there is clearly a desire to buy just below which may see the price bid up, hindering your short position. You might want to wait. If you see lots of shares offered at 110p, you might not want to buy around 109p as there is clearly a big desire to sell just above which might hold back your long position. Itís not always perfect, and orders can appear and disappear, but it can save you a few pence here and there which can mount up over time.
CityMasterTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2014, 7:43pm   #15
Joined Jan 2014
Level 2

Level 2 will not you into a proftable trader. It may help a losing trader to become a less losing trader. I would recommend trading with a system that has a positive expectancy.
HedgeFounder is offline   Reply With Quote