Never trade against the Trend ?

This is a discussion on Never trade against the Trend ? within the Technical Analysis forums, part of the Methods category; Originally Posted by Dinos Really? are you sure, spot the repetitious PA pattern?, whoops, it shouldn't happen, but a reality ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 20, 2017, 10:48pm   #25
Joined Apr 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinos View Post
Really? are you sure, spot the repetitious PA pattern?, whoops, it shouldn't happen, but a reality check for you Joe, it does, you just need to know what you are doing backed up by 15 years full time experience as a trader.
There is no evidence you are trading. If your charts work, you should have no trouble calling a trade and make money from it. So what is stopping you, what terrifies you ?

I already said I don't care for your "system" you have no need to explain it. It will save you worrying anyone getting a free ride.

Whatever you have, it's cr*p compared to mine. Today my approach gives me 40% annualised account return paid in daily instalments for just sitting and smiling. So can you see why no one has anything I could possibly want ?
EnlightenedJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2017, 10:53pm   #26
Joined Apr 2016
My bigfoot in shed said darkie missed one of the charts he has been working on. Mind, this is preliminary work in progress, just a rough sketch. He has more devious plans ahead. Clever this bigfoot of mine.

Click the image to open in full size.
Attached Thumbnails
eur.jpg  

Last edited by EnlightenedJoe; Sep 20, 2017 at 10:59pm.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 1:02am   #27

Joined Sep 2014
neva trades agains bigfootz in shedz
Click the image to open in full size.
itspossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2017, 8:54am   #28

Joined Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnlightenedJoe View Post
There is no evidence you are trading. If your charts work, you should have no trouble calling a trade and make money from it. So what is stopping you, what terrifies you ?

I already said I don't care for your "system" you have no need to explain it. It will save you worrying anyone getting a free ride.

Whatever you have, it's cr*p compared to mine. Today my approach gives me 40% annualised account return paid in daily instalments for just sitting and smiling. So can you see why no one has anything I could possibly want ?
You do talk absolute cr*p, still holding your USD/JPN Joe?, now over 200 points adrift from your first trade, and over a 100 offside from your second trade, both trades completely against the trend. And you expect us to believe you get a 40% annual return .

As for me making a live call, I have done hundreds on here over the years, I have nothing to hide, at least I have the honesty to say when I made a duffer of a trade. So how far offside are you going to go before the grey matter between your ears finally tells you, you fooked it up.
Dinos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2017, 9:58am   #29
Joined Apr 2016
Quote:
You do talk absolute cr*p, still holding your USD/JPN Joe?, now over 200 points adrift from your first trade, and over a 100 offside from your second trade, both trades completely against the trend. And you expect us to believe you get a 40% annual return .

As for me making a live call, I have done hundreds on here over the years, I have nothing to hide, at least I have the honesty to say when I made a duffer of a trade. So how far offside are you going to go before the grey matter between your ears finally tells you, you fooked it up.
Well, if you can't call then you can't trade. I can think of no other reason. If you can't trade then there's not much point continuing this discussion.

100 off side, so what ? It is within my tolerance, and my daily returns will cover it quickly.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 11:26am   #30

Joined Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnlightenedJoe View Post
100 off side, so what ? It is within my tolerance, and my daily returns will cover it quickly.
What about the one that's 200 offside or have you forgot about that one.

Can't ars*d with you, clearly, you have no idea what your on about, and are aggressive in your response, when people are trying to give you good solid advice regard trading with the trend, closing losing trades rapidly and letting winning trades run.

Daily USD/JPN still up (chart 1)
Todays 5 min chart, showing 2 trades into the prevailing trend (Chart 2)

Both trades +20 moves, whilst you still hanging on for a hope and a prayer, For your trade that is +200 offside, using a standard R/R1:2 are your targeting a -400 fall from this point?, I assume you will ignore this question.

Good luck, whilst you flap around attempting to "impress" people, I'm going back into the shadows and focus on making money, I know I will (and with the trend)

Goodbye
Attached Thumbnails
daily-usdjpn.png   5-min-usdjpn.png  
Dinos is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Atilla
Old Sep 21, 2017, 12:26pm   #31
Joined Apr 2016
Quote:
What about the one that's 200 offside or have you forgot about that one.

Can't ars*d with you, clearly, you have no idea what your on about, and are aggressive in your response, when people are trying to give you good solid advice regard trading with the trend, closing losing trades rapidly and letting winning trades run.

Daily USD/JPN still up (chart 1)
Todays 5 min chart, showing 2 trades into the prevailing trend (Chart 2)

Both trades +20 moves, whilst you still hanging on for a hope and a prayer, For your trade that is +200 offside, using a standard R/R1:2 are your targeting a -400 fall from this point?, I assume you will ignore this question.

Good luck, whilst you flap around attempting to "impress" people, I'm going back into the shadows and focus on making money, I know I will (and with the trend)

Goodbye
Save your advice. Did I ask for anyone's advice ? Does it actually make sense for me to follow advice from people who can't trade ?

One reason I ask people to call out is to assess their ability, whether what they say has value. Since you have no faith in what you say yourself, why would what you say have value for anyone else ?

I don't have a target, I may exit on a £100 profit. If the market conditions look good to me and I have no need to juggle my positions, I may let it run further. Given the $ strength, it may go further offside. But so what ? I have tolerance for it to go all the way up and come all the way down again. This is how I like to play it, hence it's called no limits.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 12:29pm   #32
Joined Apr 2016
Quote:
focus on making money, I know I will
You won't. They move 5 points against you and you are dead. After 15 years, you have not progressed beyond a beginner. You are what the call out challenges are designed to eliminate. One more biting the dust.