Trend Direction Question for a newb, Please Help

This is a discussion on Trend Direction Question for a newb, Please Help within the Technical Analysis forums, part of the Methods category; For the benefit of the OP http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trad...ml#post2947552...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 16, 2017, 11:50am   #17

Joined Nov 2003
For the benefit of the OP

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trad...ml#post2947552
Old Aug 16, 2017, 12:02pm   #18

Joined Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by foroom lluzers View Post
You want noobs to follow your post rather than my criticism of your post?
In a word: YES

I believe my post was relevant and useful to the OP's question. Your criticism of my post demonstrates your complete lack of understanding of the context of either the original post or my reply.

As usual, you are soiling a perfectly good thread with your dogmatic, parrot-like horse sht. It's unfair on the OP to spoil his thread like this. As such, I will stop posting here in the hope that you do the same and the thread gets back on track.

I'll leave you to have the last word - make it good.

Last edited by cbrads; Aug 16, 2017 at 12:18pm.
cbrads is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2017, 12:03pm   #19
Joined Apr 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by darktone View Post
That does not mean your team is not trying to promote trend trading in hindsight.All your team members have been asked to prove with live calls in advance "that trend trading works!You all start becoming evasive , defensive and aggressive , you want new traders to lose their money trying to catch trends?

All you hindsight trend traders are asked to show a journal of live advance calls on trends set ups , but none of you can or want to do it.

Just retire at 75 from trading.

foroom lluzers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2017, 1:15pm   #20

Joined Aug 2003
I'm glad I deleted the post I made yesterday evening. FL and EJ have turned this into the usual mess.

But at least the OP saw it.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 1:24pm   #21
Joined Apr 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbphoenix View Post
I'm glad I deleted the post I made yesterday evening. FL and EJ have turned this into the usual mess.

But at least the OP saw it.
I saw it too. It was typical curve fitter drivel of it might go up or it might go down, no use to anyone. Foroom does have a point, you are unable to demonstrate a profitable forward prediction even if your life depends on it.

Foroom was further right about curve fitter aggression. I was minding my own business and relaying my own experience. But you want to drag me into it. Once I am in I tend to go all the way.

Last edited by EnlightenedJoe; Aug 16, 2017 at 1:33pm.
EnlightenedJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2017, 1:43pm   #22

3 Posts
Joined Aug 2017
cpark0912 started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrads View Post
Look at the red line I've drawn, I think it defines the trend pretty well. Whist the price is above it and finds support on it, this up trend is intact. Notice however the the price ducks through it on the right. At this point I'd say the trend was broken. This can herald many scenarios, but one of them could be a new down trend. In summary, research and practice drawing trend lines to help you understand the structure of the market.
Thank You!
cpark0912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2017, 2:24pm   #23

Joined Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by foroom lluzers View Post
That does not mean your team is not trying to promote trend trading in hindsight.All your team members have been asked to prove with live calls in advance "that trend trading works!You all start becoming evasive , defensive and aggressive , you want new traders to lose their money trying to catch trends?
All you hindsight trend traders are asked to show a journal of live advance calls on trends set ups , but none of you can or want to do it.
I neither have a 'team' nor am I a trend trader. Im not defensive or aggressive. But best thing is:-

Im not a liar like you am I

Anyways, the OP knows now dont they

Last edited by darktone; Aug 16, 2017 at 2:36pm.
darktone is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: cbrads
Old Aug 16, 2017, 2:38pm   #24
Joined Apr 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by darktone View Post
I neither have a 'team' nor am I a trend trader. Im not defensive or aggressive. But best thing is:-

Im not liar like you am I

Anyways, the OP knows now dont they
Isn't it dumb , you have nice trend set up on dax , and you don't trade trends?You should buy a trend trading course and learn trend trading.
Attached Thumbnails
clipboard01.jpg  
foroom lluzers is offline   Reply With Quote