Best Threads In The 'Analysis' Forum

This is a discussion on Best Threads In The 'Analysis' Forum within the Technical Analysis forums, part of the Methods category; What are ‘Best Threads’ Stickies? The idea behind ‘Best Threads’ Stickies is to have a thread pinned permanently at the ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 26, 2013, 2:01pm   #1
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Mar 2002
Best Threads In The 'Analysis' Forum

What are ‘Best Threads’ Stickies?
The idea behind ‘Best Threads’ Stickies is to have a thread pinned permanently at the top of every forum with links to threads within that forum that are of real merit with quality content. Listed here is the cream of the crop, the best threads in the Analysis forum!

How will they help me?
T2W is a big place and good threads can quickly get lost under a sea of newer ones. The links to the ‘Best Threads’ will save you the hassle of wading through the forum yourself, hoping to find the one that’s filled with pearls of wisdom!

What do I need to know about the list?
Each ‘Best Thread' is accompanied by a short précis outlining what it’s about. Threads don’t appear in any particular order, so the thread at the top of the list isn’t necessarily any better or more interesting than the one at the bottom of the list.

I’ve found a great thread which warrants ‘Best Thread’ status. Can it be added?
Sure! If you know of a great thread within this forum that isn’t listed here, either post your suggestion here or contact timsk Content Manager, with a link to the thread, saying what it’s about and what’s good about it and, all being well, it will be added.

The ‘Best Threads’ about Technical Analysis are:
learning to read price action with p/f charts by dentist007
A good starting point for anyone wanting an introduction to this charting method.
Market Breadth by Isatrader
A clear and comprehensive guide explaining how to gauge market sentiment by using breadth 'indicators'. (NB: these are not technical indicators like Bollinger Bands or RSI etc.)
All About Trendlines by JumpOff
Do trendlines - in and of themselves - provide support or resistance? Whatever your answer, reading this thread may change your mind.
Technical analysis... a load of ******** by shadowninja
A discussion about the merits - or otherwise - of TA.
Debunking Fibonacci's Code... by Jack o'Clubs
T2W members question an academic research paper which concludes that Fibonnaci type retracements occur no more frequently than would be expected to by chance.

The ‘Best Threads’ about Economic & Fundamental Analysis are:
How do technical traders fit into the greater scheme of things? by tommog
A discussion about the relationship between fundamental analysis and technical analysis: do they complement one another, or does one drive the other?
Keynes Vs. Hayek by 0007
A discussion based on a Newsnight debate chaired by economics editor Paul Mason between followers of two of the great economic thinkers of the 20th century: John Maynard Keynes and Friedrich Hayek. Which of them is right?
Please note: I am part of T2W Admin' Staff - I am NOT a Moderator!

Last edited by timsk; Aug 17, 2013 at 1:58pm. Reason: Updating
timsk is offline   Reply With Quote