Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis

This is a discussion on Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis within the Technical Analysis forums, part of the Methods category; with eur/gbp would you put stop apporox 0.885? what you think of oxig?...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 29, 2011, 11:03am   #91
Joined Apr 2003
Re: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis

with eur/gbp would you put stop apporox 0.885?
what you think of oxig?
theblackmamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2011, 11:09am   #92

Joined Oct 2010

isatrader started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by theblackmamba View Post
Depends on the timeframe. So mine is bigger as I'm using monthly timeframe with a lot less leverage, but that would be sensible on a weekly timeframe as it is above the last swing high and the 30 week MA.

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill – Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.
isatrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2011, 11:13am   #93

Joined Oct 2010

Quote:
what you think of oxig?
It's Stage 3, but could become a Stage 2 continuation if it can close above the week above the previous high. Not much volume in it.

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill – Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 1:28pm   #94
Joined Apr 2003

jusy going through some us charts.. nflx is a good hindsight long then short.. those are the type of longs im dreaming about, and dia in uk..
Attached Thumbnails
nflx.png  
Old Nov 30, 2011, 10:49am   #95
Joined Apr 2003

a few potential for the usa
Attached Thumbnails
wynn.png   twc.png  
Thanks! The following members like this post: isatrader
Old Nov 30, 2011, 8:55pm   #96

Joined Oct 2010
EURAUD Stage Analysis

isatrader started this thread I been focusing on finding some long term trades that have less correlation to the market moves, and currencies seem to be a good option for this. Attached is the monthly, weekly and daily charts for the EUR/AUD forex pair.

On the monthly it's been in Stage 4 for the last few years. The weekly is in Stage 1 and near the low of the range, and on the daily it has broken it's trendline today after a big down move this week. As the move has been so big I'm going to watch to see what the reaction back up is first before taking a position as the 30 day MA is a long way behind at 1.3472 currently. But it looks like it might give a weekly stage 4 continuation signal by breaking below 1.29 soon.

Here's the charts
Attached Thumbnails
euraud_monthly_30_11_11.png   euraud_daily_30_11_11.png  

Old Dec 1, 2011, 11:27am   #97

Joined Oct 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by isatrader View Post
A couple of my current trades are:

01/11/11 - RR.L long @ 678.85
24/11/11 - Silver short @ 32.009
25/11/11 - STI short @ 16.729
25/11/11 - RAI long @ 40.06
The current Weinstein method trades are doing ok. STI was stopped out yesterday for a -1.57% ATR(200) adjusted loss, but the longs are outperforming the shorts so is positive overall.

Open - RR.L currently @ 734
+3.13% ATR(200) adjusted

Open - Silver currently @ 33.2
-0.70% ATR(200) adjusted

Open - RAI currently @ 41.82
+2.59% ATR(200) adjusted

Closed - STI short @ 18.05
-1.57% ATR(200) adjusted (stopped out 30/11/11)

I'm going to continue to have a neutral directional bias for the time being as the S&P 500 is now in Stage 1 on the weekly chart. My current thinking is that a break above 1300 would be the Stage 2A breakout - so that would shift my bias to long only plays. But we are not there yet and could just as easily go the other way again.

Last edited by isatrader; Dec 1, 2011 at 12:35pm.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 12:42pm   #98
Joined Apr 2003

nice one.. agree at this stage its best not to get carried away in either direction. must admit i am extremely light though.
only thing ive bought is eros below, which prob isnt a weinstein, but i liked the weekly break, and retracement back to breakout level, now going up again.
still watching berkely, but results on friday so will wait..
Attached Thumbnails
eros.png  
Old Dec 1, 2011, 12:57pm   #99

Joined Oct 2010

Quote:
nice one.. agree at this stage its best not to get carried away in either direction. must admit i am extremely light though.
only thing ive bought is eros below, which prob isnt a weinstein, but i liked the weekly break, and retracement back to breakout level, now going up again.
still watching berkely, but results on friday so will wait..
Stage 1 on the weekly after a minor dip into Stage 4. Monthly shows it needs a close above 2010 high to hit Stage 2 breakout level. Relative performance vs the market and the media sector is good though, and a nice pop in volume. Here's the charts
Attached Thumbnails
eros_monthly_30_11_11.png   eros_weekly_30_11_11.png   eros_rs_weekly_30_11_11.png  

Old Dec 1, 2011, 3:04pm   #100
Joined Apr 2003

whichever way it breaks looks like futre direction..
Attached Thumbnails
sp500.png  
Old Dec 1, 2011, 11:03pm   #101
Joined Aug 2005
Re: EURAUD Stage Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by isatrader View Post
I been focusing on finding some long term trades that have less correlation to the market moves, and currencies seem to be a good option for this. Attached is the monthly, weekly and daily charts for the EUR/AUD forex pair....
I read this thread with interest, so thanks to you both for keeping it going. For your relative strength component, you chart strength relative to the GSPC, but, as the relevant market is the currency market, would it be better, for example, to look at only the $ pairs and chart them against for example either the DXY (or the inverse of the DXY) or gold?
lplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2011, 11:13pm   #102

Joined Oct 2010
Re: EURAUD Stage Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by lplate View Post
I read this thread with interest, so thanks to you both for keeping it going. For your relative strength component, you chart strength relative to the GSPC, but, as the relevant market is the currency market, would it be better, for example, to look at only the $ pairs and chart them against for example either the DXY (or the inverse of the DXY) or gold?
You can use any measure you want for relative performance really. The method is based around stocks, so the S&P 500 is the key metric for that. But for commodities you might compare against the CRB index or the CCI index, and for currencies like you say the DXY could be used. It all depends on what you are aiming to outperform, but the S&P 500 is used for the base comparison generally.

Old Dec 2, 2011, 10:03am   #103
Joined Apr 2003

isa - if you have time would you be able to do me a daily chart with how you see the shorter term stage analysis for a year. i understand if no time.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 10:09am   #104

Joined Oct 2010

Quote:
isa - if you have time would you be able to do me a daily chart with how you see the shorter term stage analysis for a year. i understand if no time.
I'm out this morning, but should be able to do it later on.

Old Dec 2, 2011, 12:17pm   #105

Joined Oct 2010

isatrader started this thread This is my first attempt at making a video, so I've done a quick stage analysis of Gold.

To watch it click on the following link to the video:

http://www.screencast.com/t/GvBOOcPy3

or you can click on the larger image below.

I hope it's clear and makes sense? But hopefully I'll get better once I do a few more.

Click the image to open in full size.
Attached Thumbnails
gc_thumb_1_12_11.png  

Last edited by isatrader; Dec 3, 2011 at 1:29am.