Mac vs PC

This is a discussion on Mac vs PC within the Techies Corner forums, part of the Trading Career category; well what about trading on macs?! what's a good software..? i use OANDA.. for forex. and i want something for ...

View Poll Results: Mac or a PC
Apple 48 57.14%
Microsoft 36 42.86%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 22, 2008, 8:43pm   #57

4 Posts
Joined Oct 2008
well what about trading on macs?! what's a good software..? i use OANDA.. for forex. and i want something for equities that works as well on my mac..
please HELP! newww trader..!
tornprophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2008, 9:53pm   #58

Joined Sep 2003
Interactive Brokers TWS is java based and runs on PC, Linux and (god forbid) macs.
nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2009, 10:06am   #59

1 Posts
Joined Dec 2009
Re: Mac vs PC

The world would have been a better and more efficient place if the PC-Mac relationship was reversed... And absolutely no-one would use a PC.
olefj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2009, 11:34am   #60

Joined Jul 2007

I daren't use a Mac for fear of becoming more of a self-righteous prick than I already am.

Besides, I use MT4, IG's trading platform and play BF2 and Diablo 2 a lot. I'd have to run Windows on a Mac. Which means I spend more money to end up in the same place. Which is daft.

Besides, if Macs were that great, this thread wouldn't exist. Neither would anti-PC websites...

Last edited by shadowninja; Dec 4, 2009 at 11:58am.
shadowninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2010, 10:07pm   #61

Joined Oct 2009

I like my Mac mini. Relatively cheap, runs 2 monitors off the shelf, whisper quiet, takes up almost no room on the desk. When it becomes obsolete it doesn't join my closetful of old PC's, it becomes a great entertainment center for my TV, w/ internet, DVD, hulu, netflix etc.

For trading it runs IB's TWS just fine.

I have PC's and mac in the house. The whisper quiet counts for a lot. Faster boot up is nice too.

Michael
thelerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2010, 10:54am   #62

Joined Nov 2010

I have a Mac Book Pro with Snow Leopard and happy. Mac OS is better then Window but you need to be ready to deal with a lot of stuff.

Is there a way to install MT4 on Mac without Virtual Box?
Old Dec 1, 2010, 7:00am   #63

Joined Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by olefj View Post
The world would have been a better and more efficient place if the PC-Mac relationship was reversed... And absolutely no-one would use a PC.
100% right! People used PC because there where no choice!
Gabrial is offline   Reply With Quote