Is Web Based Trading Safe?

This is a discussion on Is Web Based Trading Safe? within the Techies Corner forums, part of the Trading Career category; Originally Posted by FXX Run a virtual pc on your pc I don't understand. I did a quick Google of ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 13, 2018, 7:57pm   #9
Joined Sep 2017
Nowler started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by FXX View Post
Run a virtual pc on your pc
I don't understand.
I did a quick Google of it too and am none the wiser.

How would this help mate?
Education is the passport to the future! He who prepares today, owns tomorrow! But remember, Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution.
Nowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2018, 8:02pm   #10

Joined Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowler View Post
Isn't that Pro Real Time web based too?
And they are going to charge me £30/month to use it
No, PRT isn't web based. If you place just 4 trades per month it's free, otherwise it's £30 (last time I checked)
cbrads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2018, 8:09pm   #11
Joined Sep 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrads View Post
No, PRT isn't web based. If you place just 4 trades per month it's free, otherwise it's £30 (last time I checked)
Oh...
Nice!

I definitely place 4 trades in a month. Highly likely to have over 50 trades in a month so even if the limit has been risen since the last time you checked, I should still have it well covered.

Thanks for the heads up!
Education is the passport to the future! He who prepares today, owns tomorrow! But remember, Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution.
Thanks! The following members like this post: timsk
Old Jan 13, 2018, 8:24pm   #12

Joined Mar 2014
Quote:
Oh...
Nice!

I definitely place 4 trades in a month. Highly likely to have over 50 trades in a month so even if the limit has been risen since the last time you checked, I should still have it well covered.

Thanks for the heads up!
The only problem for a beginner using IG is the high minimum stake. For example, the minimum stake on the DOW is £1 per point, some other companies allow just 10p per point...
cbrads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2018, 8:37pm   #13
Joined Sep 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrads View Post
The only problem for a beginner using IG is the high minimum stake. For example, the minimum stake on the DOW is £1 per point, some other companies allow just 10p per point...
Yes, I noticed that.
To be honest, I think it might be good that I have to now pay £1 per pip instead of the 1c pp I am paying where I am currently. It should filter out all the hail Mary trades and make me choose my trades wiser.

My mini live account with 0anda feels like a demo now...

I will need to deposit £1,200 into this IG account in order to keep my 2% per trade system. Something like that anyway...I'm a bit fragile today (hangover)
Old Jan 13, 2018, 9:20pm   #14
FXX
Joined Oct 2017
Quote:
Oh...
Nice!

Thanks for the heads up!
50? Watch out for inventing trades that only exist in your mind
FXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Lee Shepherd
Old Jan 13, 2018, 9:29pm   #15
Joined Sep 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by FXX View Post
50? Watch out for inventing trades that only exist in your mind
I had about 180 in December...
Then again... my hit rate was woeful!

So yeah, I better be careful.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 3:51am   #16
Joined May 2012
Quote:
I had about 180 in December...
Then again... my hit rate was woeful!

So yeah, I better be careful.
IMHO you have a habit of raising peripheral issues that are frankly not directly important to your success as a trader. Long term success in trading is not about knowledge or systems but in behaviour modification. We are not wired to be successful in trading and it is why the failure rate is so high. Behavioural change is not a natural process. It requires effort, discipline and a program. For example, it is said an average person will fail to meet the same set goal at least 10 times in a row. It means behavioural change doesn't come just by willingness and mindset.

As I mentioned to you before, you have done about 180 trades in December. Have you identified what you need to change from that outcome? if you can't get your win rate up, you will not succeed in trading. Trading is not easy and "you" is the primary hurdle - not web based system or brokers.

Those who know do not speak
Those who speak do not know
Since I have spoken, I do not know
Brumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Lee Shepherd , f2calv , timsk , Charlton , IceMan