What to look for on PC to run 2 or 3 monitors

This is a discussion on What to look for on PC to run 2 or 3 monitors within the Techies Corner forums, part of the Trading Career category; Am currently doing up the spare room as an office, and want a PC with 2, possibly 3 monitors. Ive ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 18, 2015, 12:30pm   #1

Joined Jan 2015
What to look for on PC to run 2 or 3 monitors

Am currently doing up the spare room as an office, and want a PC with 2, possibly 3 monitors. Ive been told I'll need a dedicated graphics card to cope, can anyone recommend a PC and what kind of spec to go for?

Am thinking 2, or 3 monitors with hdmi connectivity
newspreadbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2016, 12:16am   #2
Joined Sep 2011
you mioght want to consider one or two 4k 4o inch monitors and appropriate graphics card to suit. rather than getting a card for three monitors, then realising you need four etc. the 40 inch 4k gives huge real estate for trading and now at an affordable price
MajorMagnuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2016, 7:15am   #3
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
I run just one 40 inch tv off a laptop when ian am trading......using the VGA slot.......I know you can expand this,to 2 Tvs I think with a double cable ?

That's 8o inches of screen to,spread the charts on and also the laptop to operate the broker buy sells ?

If you need more you have far to many charts open to trade in a focused way

N
NVP is online now Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: newspreadbetter
Old Jan 18, 2016, 7:09pm   #4

Joined Jan 2015
newspreadbetter started this thread Thanks guys
Have got my PC now (and 2 monitors (2 x 23" Acer VC239H) and as soon as the office is decorated and furnished (hoping next week) I may be back asking how best to display 2 or 3 charts on the new monitors. Apologies in advance as I'm a bit of a technophobe
newspreadbetter is offline   Reply With Quote