Question 3: Moderation fairness and Consistency

This is a discussion on Question 3: Moderation fairness and Consistency within the T2W Feedback & Announcements forums, part of the Off the Grid category; Are our moderation standards fair and consistent? To expand on this question, some members feel that our moderation lacks consistency ...

View Poll Results: Are our moderation standards fair and consistent?
reasonably fair 5 19.23%
a little unfair 9 34.62%
very unfair 3 11.54%
reasonably consistent 1 3.85%
a little inconsistent 11 42.31%
very inconsistent 12 46.15%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 27, 2005, 2:56pm   #1

Joined May 2003
Question 3: Moderation fairness and Consistency

Are our moderation standards fair and consistent?

To expand on this question, some members feel that our moderation lacks consistency and that some members are favoured over others.

As dbphoenix has pointed out there is a distinction between fair and consistent. Fairness is about whether our moderation standards are applied equally to everyone and consistency is about whether they are applied every time a similar infraction occurs. The poll allows multiple choice in order that you can answer each separately.

Some people have already commented in the main thread about Site Guidelines and Moderating Standards or in relation to other questions. Note has already been taken of those and there's no need to repeat your comments here unless you want to do so. I would be grateful if you'd cast a vote though. Thanks.

jon
barjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2005, 4:29pm   #2

Joined Nov 2005
Do you really think the majority who find there is an overwhelming lack of fairness and consistency are likely to vote in a public poll?

Unhappy they may be - stupid they are not.
MasoMinos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2005, 4:31pm   #3
Joined Sep 2005
John ,

Seriously I don't see why you are taking a poll here . This is a private board owned by someone and someone will always have favourites over others - usually the greasers shall we say over the honest types.

My only problem is if there is a pretense that moderation is " fair and consistent " in the universal sense .

Far better and would gain much more respect if you came out and be truthfull and said " Look this is a personal fiefdom and will be moderated as such with favouritism et all " , and preferably name the favourites so everyone knows where they stand .
Stockjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2005, 4:58pm   #4

Joined Nov 2005
I see barjon has voted for 'reasonably fair'. No reason why the moderators shouldn't vote.

So can we get back all those who were banned by your inconsistent and unfair moderation so they can have their say too, or doesn't it quite work that way?
MasoMinos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2005, 5:19pm   #5

Joined Sep 2001
I for one am perfectly happy for my views to be public.
I can't imagine the mods are going to victimise someone for voting in a way they don't like. I really don't believe any of them are malicious.
FWIW, as can be seen by clicking on the number next to each option, in my personal opinion standards are "a little unfair" and "very inconsistent".
This is not a complicated issue. If someone is rude or aggressive - edit and warn.
If they do it again - edit and temporarily ban.
Three strikes and they are out.
"Rude and aggressive" to include deliberately provocative and disruptive.
And that applies to every single member, newbie or 1000 poster, regardless.
Richard

Contributor to T2W's Trading FAQ Book
http://www.trade2win.com/books/trading-faqs

T2W interview

http://www.trade2win.com/knowledge/a...ichard-joyson/
Mr. Charts is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2005, 5:34pm   #6

Joined Aug 2005
hmm, well with these things I dont like the little bit fair or very etc. either its fair or unfair or consistent or inconsistent. black and white. or shall we be a little grey ??

so taking that stance if you havent measured or moderated to a policy of fair continually then you have been unfair at times, how can it be any different? likewise consistent...

I cant tick unfair and inconsistent because you are bringing in shades of grey....

well i ticked very.. but can someone be a little bit dead?
fxmarkets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2005, 5:44pm   #7

Joined May 2003
barjon started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasoMinos
I see barjon has voted for 'reasonably fair'. No reason why the moderators shouldn't vote.

So can we get back all those who were banned by your inconsistent and unfair moderation so they can have their say too, or doesn't it quite work that way?
i voted because otherwise i can't see the results - but i'll knock my vote off from the final total if it bothers you

jon
Old Nov 27, 2005, 5:48pm   #8

Joined May 2003
barjon started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxmarkets
hmm, well with these things I dont like the little bit fair or very etc. either its fair or unfair or consistent or inconsistent. black and white. or shall we be a little grey ??

so taking that stance if you havent measured or moderated to a policy of fair continually then you have been unfair at times, how can it be any different? likewise consistent...

I cant tick unfair and inconsistent because you are bringing in shades of grey....

well i ticked very.. but can someone be a little bit dead?

sorry fx - i was trying to determine the degree of concern. maybe someone can't be a little bit dead but they can be a little bit ill or terminally ill.

jon