Chart Patterns

This is a discussion on Chart Patterns within the Swing & Position Trading forums, part of the Methods category; Does anyone have chart patterns that they look for consistently? Looking to gain a little more knowledge in swing trading!...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 20, 2016, 9:36pm   #1

2 Posts
Joined Oct 2016
Chart Patterns

Does anyone have chart patterns that they look for consistently? Looking to gain a little more knowledge in swing trading!
Kyleice is offline Newsletter / tip sheet / trading advice vendor   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2016, 11:08pm   #2
Joined Feb 2002
I don't make any trade decisions off any chart patterns but this site provides really detailed analysis and statistics if that's the way you do it - http://thepatternsite.com/index.html.
tomorton is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: RAClose
Old Oct 21, 2016, 12:14am   #3

Joined Nov 2003
This is one of my favourite setups. Doesnt happen very often but when the situation arises it pays to be all in. The chart is dax post BREXIT gap and paid out 40:1
Attached Thumbnails
balls-deep.png  
Old Feb 16, 2017, 1:13pm   #4
Joined Feb 2017
I am trading Double Top/Double Bottom , H&S pattern, and ABCD pattern in short time frame. Success rate is not bad. overall profitable.
Agne35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2017, 12:31am   #5
Joined Oct 2008
Darktones pattern is worth hitting hard.

But seriously.
Kyleice, There is no secret to trading, other than money management (and discipline). So why not just trade the real obvious and simple patterns like charts going up at 45 degrees or more? Then spend your time thinking about money management, trade management, process and discipline (psychology). Just remember there is untold bullsh*t about this subject all over the net and in many books in many bookshops all over the world, the sooner a trader realises this the sooner they can start trading.
Jason

Last edited by Jason101; Mar 26, 2017 at 12:42am.
Jason101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2017, 2:07pm   #6

Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by darktone View Post
This is one of my favourite setups. Doesnt happen very often but when the situation arises it pays to be all in. ..
I like this one too. You often see a ranging motion between the meatus and the base before a surge to the upside
Kaeso is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: darktone
Old Oct 8, 2017, 5:25pm   #7

Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by darktone View Post
This is one of my favourite setups. Doesnt happen very often but when the situation arises it pays to be all in. The chart is dax post BREXIT gap and paid out 40:1
Would you mind describing the significant elements of the setup that will trigger the trade.

Definitely, I want to add this one to repertoire.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 6:48pm   #8
Joined Apr 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by piphoe View Post
Would you mind describing the significant elements of the setup that will trigger the trade.

Definitely, I want to add this one to repertoire.
A key element of darkie's pattern is that it must be on the left side of the chart and the pattern is confirmed through passage of at least 12 month of time.
EnlightenedJoe is offline   Reply With Quote