Researching Stock Opportunities in AI, Emerging Markets

This is a discussion on Researching Stock Opportunities in AI, Emerging Markets within the Stocks forums, part of the Markets category; Hi folks, I've been trading stocks using one of the popular brokerage sites, and was hoping to get some insights ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 9, 2018, 3:36pm   #1

3 Posts
Joined Jan 2018
Researching Stock Opportunities in AI, Emerging Markets

Hi folks,

I've been trading stocks using one of the popular brokerage sites, and was hoping to get some insights from other investors about tools and methods used to identify opportunities.

The brokerage platform I use does not let me search for specific stocks by industry, and searching on Marketwatch or other similar sites has been frustrating. I have been able to identify some possibilities when I'm able to find a type of stock I'm interested in, and finding the "Competitors" section on that site. Using this approach I am still very limited and feel like I'm not making much progress.

I hope to identify potential investing opportunities related to some of the following industries and focuses:
  • Artificial Intelligence
  • Medical Cannabis
  • Healthcare
  • Energy (Utilities, Oil, other Energy-Related Companies)
  • Emerging Markets
  • Commodities

Does anyone have thoughts they would be willing to share about how I could try to move forward with these thoughts? I appreciate any and all suggestions. Thanks in advance - looking forward to hearing from someone.
FamCore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2018, 10:29am   #2

Joined Mar 2004
Sorry to see no one was able or willing to help.
There must be programs out on the internet that you type in your P/E etc. details and it scans the markets for suitable stocks ?

Anyone

for quality of life.

The Westcountry is being overrun with
grotty new estates
Pat494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2018, 10:35am   #3

Joined Mar 2004
Here is google's answer

https://www.google.co.uk/search?sour....0.atyRPg2UeU8

for quality of life.

The Westcountry is being overrun with
grotty new estates
Pat494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2018, 1:54pm   #4
Joined Jul 2018
You can find lots of research material, however, most of the good stuff will be paid content.
I think MarketWatch is a good free source, so is Seeking Alpha and Zero Hedge and Morning Star (again, good stuff is paid content).
Gustavo_ZAM is offline Trading arcade or proprietary trading company   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2018, 2:15pm   #5

3 Posts
Joined Jan 2018
FamCore started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat494 View Post
Sorry to see no one was able or willing to help.
There must be programs out on the internet that you type in your P/E etc. details and it scans the markets for suitable stocks ?

Anyone
Thanks for your replies. I've turned to reading this book called "Trend Following" by Michael Covel, and continually monitoring price movements in industries I'm familiar with.

I appreciate the advice!
FamCore is offline   Reply With Quote