How To Make Money Trading The Markets.

This is a discussion on How To Make Money Trading The Markets. within the Stocks forums, part of the Markets category; Originally Posted by timsk 5. Lastly, here's an acid test to apply to any post made by any vendor on ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 26, 2013, 8:31am   #2081
tar
 
tar's Avatar
Joined Nov 2006
Re: How To Make Money Trading The Markets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timsk View Post
5. Lastly, here's an acid test to apply to any post made by any vendor on any forum on the web. Having read the post(s) of the vendor that you find unacceptable, ask yourself this question: 'Would the post(s) become acceptable if they were posted by a non-vendor?' If the answer is 'yes', then chances are that your issue is likely (not all the time or every time) to be with the messenger and not with the message. T2W will be a better forum, the content will be better - and we will all get along much better - if we all consciously focus on the message and not on the messenger!
Tim.
Fair points but posting "after the event" setups and calls isn't acceptable from anyone vendor or not , it proves nothing and it's worthless to say the least , the other day everyone jumped over a vendor because of a 20 min delay in his calls , now the thread is closed and member banned which is good :

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/fore...ex-market.html

That being said i've changed my mind this thread here is great because just yesterday i sold Gold at 1600 and took profit at 1350 , my stop was just $ 1 .
tar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2013, 10:35am   #2082
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.
 
timsk's Avatar
Joined Mar 2002
Re: How To Make Money Trading The Markets.

Hi tar,
Quote:
Originally Posted by tar View Post
Fair points but posting "after the event" setups and calls isn't acceptable from anyone vendor or not , it proves nothing and it's worthless to say the least. . .
It may not be acceptable to you - and that's fine - but it's perfectly acceptable to me and to T2W, as there's nothing in either the Community Constitution or the Site Guidelines that rules against it. Any member that shares your views can take the very sound advice offered by Purple Brain and vote with their mouse and click on a different thread - one to their liking. Leave this thread and others like it to those that think it has value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tar View Post
. . .the other day everyone jumped over a vendor because of a 20 min delay in his calls , now the thread is closed and member banned which is good
As a former Mod you'll know better than me Ė so please correct me if Iím wrong Ė but my understanding is that the OP of the thread you link to was banned and his thread closed not because of the 20 miní delay in his calls Ė but because of what Mods refer to as ĎAd-ish postingí? If Mr. Cí behaved in this way then, presumably, he could expect a similar fate. If Mods put Mr. Cí in the same bracket as the banned member then, at the very least, one would expect to see Mr. Cís posts edited or deleted and infraction points awarded. This doesnít appear to have happened. If you and others feel the Mods arenít doing what youíd expect, please see point No. 2 in my last post. IMO, the reason I suspect the Mods donít take any action against Mr. C' is twofold. Firstly, Mr. Cí is not in breach of any of the site guidelines and, secondly, the methodology outlined here is self contained and provided completely free of charge. Of course, members can still lose money attempting to trade the methodology described, but not a cent of it will end up in Mr. C's pocket.
Tim.
__________________
I'm New To T2W - Where Do I Start? - a must read for anyone new to T2W
I'm New To TRADING Ė Where Do I Start? - a must read for anyone new to TRADING
The Trading Plan Template - a must read for anyone without a proper TRADING PLAN
timsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2013, 10:53am   #2083
tar
 
tar's Avatar
Joined Nov 2006
Re: How To Make Money Trading The Markets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timsk View Post
Hi tar,

It may not be acceptable to you - and that's fine - but it's perfectly acceptable to me and to T2W, as there's nothing in either the Community Constitution or the Site Guidelines that rules against it. Any member that shares your views can take the very sound advice offered by Purple Brain and vote with their mouse and click on a different thread - one to their liking. Leave this thread and others like it to those that think it has value.


As a former Mod you'll know better than me Ė so please correct me if Iím wrong Ė but my understanding is that the OP of the thread you link to was banned and his thread closed not because of the 20 miní delay in his calls Ė but because of what Mods refer to as ĎAd-ish postingí? If Mr. Cí behaved in this way then, presumably, he could expect a similar fate. If Mods put Mr. Cí in the same bracket as the banned member then, at the very least, one would expect to see Mr. Cís posts edited or deleted and infraction points awarded. This doesnít appear to have happened. If you and others feel the Mods arenít doing what youíd expect, please see point No. 2 in my last post. IMO, the reason I suspect the Mods donít take any action against Mr. C' is twofold. Firstly, Mr. Cí is not in breach of any of the site guidelines and, secondly, the methodology outlined here is self contained and provided completely free of charge. Of course, members can still lose money attempting to trade the methodology described, but not a cent of it will end up in Mr. C's pocket.
Tim.
Hi Tim you didn't get my points i am sorry my fault , when i said it isn't acceptable i didn't mean it is a breach of T2W site guidelines nor i implied that mods didn't take action here - i was a mod and i didn't take action here either - or MR C should be banned or his thread deleted , no , i'm just pointing out that posting these calls isn't acceptable in the trading industry because it is done in hindsight so it proves nothing and it means nothing , and yes Kevo was banned because of his adish posting i am aware of that but the point was members didn't give him a break and didn't leave him alone when he posted "after the event" calls , i'm just trying to make a comparison here , bottom line each to their own and constructive criticism should be acceptable in this thread like in other threads as well .
tar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2013, 10:57am   #2084
Joined Nov 2007
Re: How To Make Money Trading The Markets.

how the **** are you supposed to make live calls while trading on 1M charts
rawrschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2013, 11:09am   #2085
tar
 
tar's Avatar
Joined Nov 2006
Re: How To Make Money Trading The Markets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawrschach View Post
how the **** are you supposed to make live calls while trading on 1M charts
I get your point , i'm not interested if MR C makes some live calls here or not - but maybe some potential clients would care - , but lets face it you cant make "after the event calls" for years and don't expect some criticism .
tar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2013, 11:11am   #2086
 
neil's Avatar
Joined Nov 2001
Re: How To Make Money Trading The Markets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tar View Post
Hi Tim you didn't get my points i am sorry my fault , when i said it isn't acceptable i didn't mean it is a breach of T2W site guidelines nor i implied that mods didn't take action here - i was a mod and i didn't take action here either - or MR C should be banned or his thread deleted , no , i'm just pointing out that posting these calls isn't acceptable in the trading industry because it is done in hindsight so it proves nothing and it means nothing , and yes Kevo was banned because of his adish posting i am aware of that but the point was members didn't give him a break and didn't leave him alone when he posted "after the event" calls , i'm just trying to make a comparison here , bottom line each to their own and constructive criticism should be acceptable in this thread like in other threads as well .
I think the difference here is that some "vendors" post hindsight calls, with no hint as to how they were achieved, hoping to hook the non discerning mug into buying said vendors signals or undisclosed system.
Mr. C, on the other hand, posts trades that show an approach that can be replicated by the intelligent trader. True, he would like people to sign up no doubt, but that doesn't preclude the fact that his posted trades are transparent to an experienced trader. Likewise,Captain Forex posts hindsight trades, together with reasoning, which an intelligent person can adopt as their own approach, albeit he also has a paid course should one wish to take it. Both approaches are not "systems" which are traded blindly but rely upon a large amount of discretion on the part of the trader.
However, you are right to raise concerns about new "vendors" that pop up regularly on T2W since many are either blatant or suble "scams".
__________________
neil
....Indicators show the past. Price Action "Indicates" the future.
neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: tar , wackypete2
Old Apr 26, 2013, 11:13am   #2087
Joined Nov 2007
Re: How To Make Money Trading The Markets.

It's not even relevant if he makes money off the method. Even if he was making 6 figures a day, doesn't mean someone else could emulate it.

The method is so simple, I don't see why someone wouldn't just try it and see if it works for them and adapt it to the personality.

All the complaining is for nothing.

If you really wanted proof of whether/not it works why not start a journal and show us what happens when you do try and trade it? Everyone's happy to chuck some rocks but no one will spend five minutes trying to find their own proof.
rawrschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: neil , bustech
Old Apr 26, 2013, 11:22am   #2088
 
ffsear's Avatar
Joined Oct 2006
Re: How To Make Money Trading The Markets.

There is no issue here at all. If his calls are not live, then people can't copy them anyway!

I'd be more concurred by a vendor actually trying to push live copy cat calls to people on this site

There is no problem with people announcing what open positions they have. Thats part of the fan!
ffsear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2013, 11:24am   #2089
tar
 
tar's Avatar
Joined Nov 2006
Re: How To Make Money Trading The Markets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawrschach View Post
It's not even relevant if he makes money off the method. Even if he was making 6 figures a day, doesn't mean someone else could emulate it.

The method is so simple, I don't see why someone wouldn't just try it and see if it works for them and adapt it to the personality.

All the complaining is for nothing.

If you really wanted proof of whether/not it works why not start a journal and show us what happens when you do try and trade it? Everyone's happy to chuck some rocks but no one will spend five minutes trying to find their own proof.
Agree it is irrelevant if whether he does make money from it or not , but if that's the case with his real live trading then it is also irrelevant if whether he can make money with "after the event" calls or not .Hope it is clear now .
tar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2013, 11:43am   #2090
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.
 
timsk's Avatar
Joined Mar 2002
Re: How To Make Money Trading The Markets.

Hi tar,
Quote:
Originally Posted by tar View Post
. . . i'm just pointing out that posting these calls isn't acceptable in the trading industry because it is done in hindsight so it proves nothing and it means nothing . . .
I agree with the point highlighted in blue and I suspect Mr. C' would agree with it too. But I also believe that live calls are equally meaningless and prove nothing other than that the member who posts them may make or lose money trading their methodology. However, it doesn't mean that I'll be able to trade it! All I care about and, I wager, all any member cares about, is whether or not a particular methodology will work for me. And there's only one way to find out. When I place my trade, the market doesn't care two hoots that the methodology I'm trying to emulate is based on live calls, hindsight calls or any other type of calls! Therefore, with the obvious exception of a vendor providing a signals service, for my money there's nothing inherently better, more meaningful or acceptable about trades called live than there is about ones posted in hindsight.
Tim.
__________________
I'm New To T2W - Where Do I Start? - a must read for anyone new to T2W
I'm New To TRADING Ė Where Do I Start? - a must read for anyone new to TRADING
The Trading Plan Template - a must read for anyone without a proper TRADING PLAN
timsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Just HOW do you make money in the markets? Highlander1 Trading Systems 119 Jun 18, 2014 4:22pm
Best Thread: How To Make Money Trading The Markets. Mr. Charts Stocks 709 Apr 28, 2011 7:27pm
How not to make money trading the markets (part 2) Hotch Trading Journals 23 Jan 23, 2011 4:32am
deleted posts from How To Make Money Trading The Markets thread The Expert T2W Feedback & Announcements 2 Feb 18, 2010 12:17pm
How not to make money trading the markets Hotch Trading Journals 56 Oct 7, 2009 4:57pm

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 7 (2 members and 5 guests)
Celtic4320, MaxGwiji