CMC Markets - Next Generation Platform

This is a discussion on CMC Markets - Next Generation Platform within the Spread Betting & CFDs forums, part of the Commercial category; Originally Posted by gle101 I think they are on the right track, you are asking for too much in a ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 5, 2011, 7:23pm   #231
tar

Joined Nov 2006
Re: CMC Markets - Next Generation Platform

Quote:
Originally Posted by gle101 View Post
I think they are on the right track, you are asking for too much in a way too short a time. We are dealing with a trading platform, not a low security home web site.

Old Oct 5, 2011, 7:41pm   #232
Joined Jan 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by tar View Post
Dont call it Next Gen then ...
Don't hang yourself up with the word next-gen.

Last edited by gle101; Oct 5, 2011 at 10:37pm.
gle101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2011, 8:20pm   #233
x4x
Joined Sep 2008

Quote:
A joke or?

No, a serious question, perhaps you can't answer it because let's face it there is no advantage - it's stupid. Why two tickets when one ticket has been proven to work for many years. There are two ways to design things - function before form or form before function - I'll let you work out which is the better option that should be applied to a trading platform.
x4x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2011, 8:22pm   #234
x4x
Joined Sep 2008

Quote:
Don't hang yourself up with the word next-gen.
Why not - if you claim something to be 'Next Generation' - it better be.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 10:29pm   #235
Joined Jan 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by x4x View Post
No, a serious question, perhaps you can't answer it because let's face it there is no advantage - it's stupid. Why two tickets when one ticket has been proven to work for many years. There are two ways to design things - function before form or form before function - I'll let you work out which is the better option that should be applied to a trading platform.
Ok, if I could choose I would absolutely pick one ticket with both function Buy/Sell built into the same ticket. But I knew that with the CMC platform setup it would have been tougher to rebuilt, so I settled for two tickets instead. I hope that solves the riddle why I have been talking about two separate tickets.

Last edited by gle101; Oct 5, 2011 at 10:38pm.
gle101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2011, 10:35pm   #236
Joined Jan 2006

Quote:
Why not - if you claim something to be 'Next Generation' - it better be.
Did you really go for that promotion trick? However, they have some nice features built into the platform, and the execution model and price feed engine could be something really good if they can get it all together working properly.

Old Oct 6, 2011, 9:48am   #237
Joined Sep 2011

We all wanted single click trading tickets but pc's 100 million platform can't deliver, lol, what s crock. So we are lumbered with this piece of sh2t platform instead...
uk dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2011, 11:23am   #238
x4x
Joined Sep 2008

Quote:
Ok, if I could choose I would absolutely pick one ticket with both function Buy/Sell built into the same ticket. But I knew that with the CMC platform setup it would have been tougher to rebuilt, so I settled for two tickets instead. I hope that solves the riddle why I have been talking about two separate tickets.

No riddle, just wondered why you seem so enthusiastic about a spread bet company that offers two separate tickets instead of one, continually slips stops, has slow execution, and doesn't offer tear-off or pop-out tickets (unless this has recently been added), what exactly are the 'nice features' you are referring to?
Old Oct 6, 2011, 1:09pm   #239
Joined Jan 2006

Quote:
No riddle, just wondered why you seem so enthusiastic about a spread bet company that offers two separate tickets instead of one, continually slips stops, has slow execution, and doesn't offer tear-off or pop-out tickets (unless this has recently been added), what exactly are the 'nice features' you are referring to?
Well, if you are not impressed by their platform and performance, take responsibility, move on to another SB. Or have you lost a lot of money and want to get even by ranting this way? I have stated over and over again that I like what the platform is set out to do.

They have narrow spread, no re-quotes and seldom "price no longer valid", slippage yes but how much is it really in average, and has it been improved after the upgrade? You can move the stop and target directly on the chart, although the charts at the moment need much to desire. Some of you guys that trade live with them seems to post your own agendas, and not give good reports, that somebody like me, who are not able to trade live with them can depend on being somewhat accurate.

Old Oct 6, 2011, 1:16pm   #240
Joined Jan 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by uk dave View Post
We all wanted single click trading tickets but pc's 100 million platform can't deliver, lol, what s crock. So we are lumbered with this piece of sh2t platform instead...
Take responsibility of your own trading environment, move on to another SB if you find them being so terrible. Or do you have a love and hate relationship with CMC next-gen?