CMC Markets - Next Generation Platform

This is a discussion on CMC Markets - Next Generation Platform within the Spread Betting & CFDs forums, part of the Commercial category; Originally Posted by tim3 I think the platform may well appeal to new inexperienced customers but cant see any serious ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 28, 2011, 9:58am   #162
Joined Jan 2006
Re: CMC Markets - Next Generation Platform

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim3 View Post
I think the platform may well appeal to new inexperienced customers but cant see any serious chartist being happy with that set up,market maker was much more geared to serious traders and that had slipped behind to the superb advanced charts offered by IG from it finance.

Never seen that sort of slippage on stops either.

When I traded regualarly with cmc yes I got loads of requotes but slippage on stops was unusual.

At the end of the day I guess most sb firms have their good and bad points and you just have to weigh them up and go with whats best for your needs.
I honestly don't know what to say about the negative posts on this thread. Too much complaining and too little real facts for my taste. CMC have a slippage model they adopt, in return you are supposed not to get narrow spread, no re-quotes and no rejections. Apparently by some they give too much slippage (although others are saying the opposite), so I can't really tell what is the case. Sorry to say I am not able at this moment to trade live with CMC. As for for the site, well, it will get a upgrade quite soon. But honestly, I couldn't care less about the looks, if they only deliver what they claim. Charts and so forth I take care of myself, the execution is the main and overall thing for me.

Last edited by barjon; Sep 29, 2011 at 8:30am. Reason: removed ad links
gle101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2011, 10:06am   #163
Joined Jul 2009

[QUOTE=gle101;1687054]I honestly don't know what to say about the negative posts on this thread. Too much complaining and too little real facts for my taste. CMC have a slippage model they adopt, in return you are supposed not to get narrow spread, no re-quotes and no rejections. Apparently by some they give too much slippage (although others are saying the opposite), so I can't really tell what is the case. Sorry to say I am not able at this moment to trade live with CMC. As for for the site, well, it will get a upgrade quite soon. But honestly, I couldn't care less about the looks, if they only deliver what they claim. Charts and so forth I take care of myself, the execution is the main and overall thing for me.

Best thing to do is to open a live account (it takes 30 mins) and start trading, what's the hold up? When you start trading live then see the games begin.

Truth Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2011, 10:15am   #164
Joined Jan 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth Seeker View Post
Best thing to do is to open a live account (it takes 30 mins) and start trading, what's the hold up? When you start trading live then see the games begin.
Yes I agree, personal experience is always best. I would have done so long ago, if only I was allowed to. At the moment it is not open for foreigners.

Old Sep 28, 2011, 10:22am   #165
x4x
Joined Sep 2008
Post for gle101

You didn't appreciate my honest critique of CMC's supposed next gen platform, and you didn't answer my question as to what you wanted from me, so here's one for you.

CMC's next gen platform is brilliant, I like the fact that I have to choose well in advance a Buy OR a Sell ticket - it stops me becoming confused as to what I want to do.

When I click on Buy or Sell there is often a very pretty little circle thing spinning around whilst I wait for the fill - very entertaining.

I love the surprise as to how much I have lost when my stop loss gets hit - wouldn't life be boring if one only lost what one expected to lose.

Hope that's better for you.
x4x is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Truth Seeker
Old Sep 28, 2011, 10:42am   #166
Joined Jul 2009
Re: Post for gle101

Quote:
Originally Posted by x4x View Post
You didn't appreciate my honest critique of CMC's supposed next gen platform, and you didn't answer my question as to what you wanted from me, so here's one for you.

CMC's next gen platform is brilliant, I like the fact that I have to choose well in advance a Buy OR a Sell ticket - it stops me becoming confused as to what I want to do.

When I click on Buy or Sell there is often a very pretty little circle thing spinning around whilst I wait for the fill - very entertaining.

I love the surprise as to how much I have lost when my stop loss gets hit - wouldn't life be boring if one only lost what one expected to lose.

I can tell you have real experience with this platform from your post
Old Sep 28, 2011, 10:57am   #167
x4x
Joined Sep 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth Seeker View Post
I can tell you have real experience with this platform from your post
Yeah - hundreds of trades. The platform wasn't bad at the start, fills were quick and stops were in the most part getting hit on the money, all it needed was the few extra features that has been discussed...

It has since dramatically deteriorated to the point that a few extra features are not going to help - shame because I was a keen supporter of Peter and what I thought he was trying to do.
x4x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2011, 11:02am   #168
Joined Jan 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by x4x View Post

Sorry about that, but I just wanted more info from you about the whole picture of trading with CMC, how many trades and such. Please answer my post #155.

Last edited by barjon; Sep 29, 2011 at 8:31am. Reason: removed ad links