crude oil daytrader

FXiGoR

Hi everyone,

As some of you probably know, crude oil is one of the most difficult markets to trade. It is a market that is mainly driven by fundamental news.
Still my aproach is pure technical.

I gonna post every day after 13.30 gmt my entrys. Most of the times it is only 1 entry. Occasionaly it can happen that a position need to be turned. But only once.
Closing of the psotions is at 19.30gmt or 21.15 gmt.
Occasionaly there will be days with no possible setup.

I'm not gonna post them in real time because I do not have the time to do this. I'm a professional trader and a fund manager (on forex markets).
So I will post every day a printscreen of my trading platform after the postions are closed.

I gonna start with 2 contracts. After every drawdown of 500$ on the equitycurve, (based on ONLY trading 1 contract) I gona add an other contract. I can only add an other contract after the equitycurve managed to go back over its previous high after adding a contract on a previous drawdown.
Ex. The equity curve makes a high. Sudenly a drawdown starts and at some point at the end of the day I see that the equitycurve (based on 1 contracts ) dropped 550$. Then the next day, I gonna add a contract. But then the equitycurve (again based on 1 contract ) needs to go over the high that was made before the drawdown happend. So if the equitycurve would only raise 400$ from that deepest drawdown and then fall back under 500 $ drawdown I can not add an other contract.
This way of compounding is a lot safer then adding contracts after a profitable period.

So lets see were we will finish after a 1 year....

regards...iGoR

PS. My purpose is only to make a journal of my trading. So I will have the feeling that I'm been watched so I need keep the discipline to stick to my rules.
It is not my purpose to reveal my system...

Last edited:
Im been long crude sice 51,10 got out 58,90 went back long at 57.30 on the pull back.

good luck on your calls

Trades tuesday 27 feb. 07

I forgot to take a printscreen at the end of the day from my tradingplatform. (Need to get used to this)

16.30gmt Enter long 2 contracts @ 61.585
19.30gmt Close long 2 contracts @ 61.455

Loss: 13 ticks x 12.5$/tick x 2 contracts = - 325$ loss

regards..iGoR

Last edited: