T2W Forex Contest - Jul 2012 - $150 worth of Trading Books

T2W Bot

Staff member
How to enter

Entry is free and takes just a couple of minutes. First, sign up on ForexDesk, using the invitation code "T2WCOMP" and your T2W username. Once you're activated your account, log in and create a new practice account using the default settings. You can call it whatever you like but you must add "#T2W-JUL12" to the name, to enter the new contest. Then make at least one trade during the duration of the competition to qualify for the prize.

More detailed instructions on the Contest information page.

Rules

- Contest started on Sunday 1st July 2012 22:00 UTC
- Contest finishes on Friday 27th July 2012 23:00 UTC
- Enter any time before the contest finishes.
- The winner will be judged by their P&L for the duration of the contest.
- Accounts must remain public (not private) for the duration of the contest.
- Mirroring of trades to retain first position lead is disallowed and may result in disqualification.
- To qualify for the prize contestants must open at least one position.
- Only entry per person
- Entrants must be members of T2W with a valid and current username (before they create their contest account).
- If you're outside the UK/US, we may offer you a cash equivalent prize instead, depending on how easy it is for us to ship the prizes and taking into consideration any import taxes you would be responsible for.

Prizes

- Top Trader (Highest P&L)

The prize for this contest is $150 worth of trading books.

Remember to add "#T2W-JUL12" to the account name.

Good Trading all!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,

Is anyone else having trouble closing/opening trades to day. I was 520 up and decided to close the trade this morning...now is it down to 166 and the trade will still not close. I can't open up any other trades. There is no current messages on my account to inform me of actions taken. However, on the competition chart it says that a number of us are timing out on our requested actions.....

Regards

Its

H
O
R
R
I
B
L
E

The differance in my mt4 account, and what forexdesk is night and day. THe contest is fun, but these hang-ups stress me out.. You cant even get a good flow going because of it..

Like right now for instance, took short at 1.23686 EU, closed at 1.2318, and still in, just watching it dwindle down to nothing

I can put up with a few time outs where there is a lot of activity within a 5 mins period, but yesterday it lasted for hours.....Just checked the trade history and it was taken out -234.....so I am out +700.

So this could be the difference between winning and coming last.

Lets hope that it improves....

The thing is, most are even limit orders, the differance from mt4-forexdesk is $1,400

and just missed another $600

Heck, signing up yesterday, took like 4 hours for my account o show, then could make a trade for another few hours..

I personally think we should be using fxbook or something, this is just to buggy, and i always have the same problems month after month..

Im a good trader too, consistently at 5% a day, but you wouldnt know it looking at my forexdesk, lol

I personally think we should be using fxbook or something, this is just to buggy, and i always have the same problems month after month..

Im a good trader too, consistently at 5% a day, but you wouldnt know it looking at my forexdesk, lol
===============================

I am a complete novice, but having to work all day at my desk, I don't have the time to study all that much, so if I have a spare 5 mins, I check what is going on and if there is something......, then I do make a small profit but then I sometimes leave it running and the next time I go to look at it and I find that I am swearing a lot!!!

Had a quick look at fxbook and have linked this to my demo intertrader account. So we will see what happens. 5% a day is good, so you must study quite a lot....Yes and I agree with you that it is buggy, I use some free charts that I check with Intertrader and normally they match on price and time, but using them here and sometimes they are 20 pips different. Also on closing trades, you find a difference on when you close it and what it actually closed at (and not in your favour!!!).

I trade high Risk, 60-80 margin, so really, 5% is from 25-30 pips a day. If you trade oanda, max units but 200 or so, and it means around 15 pips a day.. Have to be precise tho, no margin for error..

Learn to win consistently, and use stop losses.. Never allow your account to lose more then yesterdays wins, so you lose 1 day and not 30 days of work..

I have over 9000 hours of chart time, allllllot of time invested, its a process,

Best pips to you Bud,

lol, well, it just opened a short for me, @ 1.2300 ( price is at 1.2264 right now ) and current close price on FOrexdesk for my trade says, oooooop, just looked, it closed for me at 1.2308 with a loss of 8 pips, close time was 10:17am(12:43 real time)

sweet

Our Tech team have found an issue which they are addressing now so this may affect current orders and / or positions.

All should now be ok and apologies for the issues, Forex Desk is still in development and your feedback is always welcome.

come on guys the winner of this contest will just be the guy who sold the €$ the first for all the cash available in his account :)

so how are you all doing? so far i´m up 1063. I´m short the EURUSD, but my profits are unrealized. Could be nice to see if anyone can beat me so far:)

It would be a much more enjoyable experience if my MT4 trades tied up more accurately with my Forex Desk trades.