Steve Nison 18th of Feb

a320

Established member
Steve Nison is coming over here to do seminar in London on the 18th of February ...:cool:

Tom Hougaard has managed to get the candle master himself , (its not been generally released yet..) just a heads up for anyone interested in seeing & learning from the guy who to brought to the west the power of candlestick charting...

Tom's put a little note up on his website ...

http://www.tradertom.co.uk/

Or [email protected] is probably better for finding out more.. :?:

CJ

Last edited:
...I'll be in Aberdeen 17/18th.
(Doesn't have the same impact really, does it?)

TheBramble said:
No Dave, doesn't hold a candle to it really.

I'll be in Wick...

:LOL: LOL :cheesy:

Out of curiosity, what is Mr Nison charging for his seminar?

I'm getting page unavailable for that site currently, I was just going for a nose <g>
That's pretty good I think, considering the outrageous fees so many are charging these days - good for Mr Nison I say, a much more sensible price that doesn't rely on my paying for his holiday over here.
Dave

Okay,
the link's working again - wow! Off to get my sunglasses to read this....<g>
Shame it's not a more convenient date, I might have been slightly tempted provided I could have slotted a weekend away into it.
Cheers,
Dave

Steve Nison is not scraping on info it seems.... :cool:

TomH said:
I spoke to Steve Nison tonight after he sent me the file that covers what he will teach on the day. The file contains 225 A4 pages which has to be given to every participant. I didn't see that one coming

CJ

DaveJB said:
I'm getting page unavailable for that site currently, I was just going for a nose <g>
That's pretty good I think, considering the outrageous fees so many are charging these days - good for Mr NisQuote:
Originally Posted by DaveJB
That's pretty good I think, considering the outrageous fees so many are charging these days - good for Mr Nison I say, a much more sensible price that doesn't rely on my paying for his holiday over here.
Dave

How many do you think he'll get at a sitting? 50? I've no idea, but that's £10000. I'm a bit cynical about these sessions.

Split

Fair enough,]
but given the number of people charging £2000 a day to sit in a large crowd to attend a training session many would others would not bother to attend free, I think Steve Nison's reputation in the TA field sufficiently good to suggest he's being quite modest in his demands by charging 1/0 of that price.

True enough, if there were huge numbers present I'd still not regard it as an act of charity - but it IS the sort of fee that would allow a newish trader to go get some worthwhile ideas from the horses mouth without breaking the bank.

Dave

DaveJB said:
I think Steve Nison's reputation in the TA field sufficiently good to suggest he's being quite modest in his demands by charging 1/0 of that price.
And from a Physicist too!!!

The thing is, on a more serious note, I have a great deal of respect for Nison (even if he does look like a 1950s accountant). Have a number of his books and use much of his work.

But what else can he say about candlesticks?

If it's a substantial new piece of work - he'd write it like he always has. And to be fair 'Beyond Candelsticks' didn't really go beyond anything in the first book. Just Kagi, Renko, 3-line break etc. All very interesting, but not candle-work per se.

I've found in the past that most of these gurus (who I do respect) haven't much new to offer - just a restatement or re-hash of the old stuff.

Last edited:
Typo,
make that 1/10 and remove the extra 'would'.
You are somewhat mistaken in saying "even if he does look like a 1950s accountant" however, the jacket photo I have of the chap makes it quite obvious he's a clone of Groucho Marx.

Rehash etc - yep, I wouldn't disagree ... the main advantages would probably be limited to those unfamiliar with his first book, or those who find it difficult to learn from printed texts - some people pick info up much better when lectured on the subject, for them it would perhaps make sense to go sit through a day of basic candlestick stuff. For myself I figure simple stuff works better - my problems are in handling the positions rather than picking the signals, and better TA isn't going to affect that so I'm working on nailing that aspect down - longer/bigger moves have disguised my sloppiness previously, the spread tends to be inconsequential if you are expecting a 10%+ move over the trade but in the short term it needs to be treated much more seriously... as I am finally realising!

Dave

Theirs a few well know posters going... though they mainly use the other boards :cheesy: