• 250-500%

Votes: 19 14.8%
  • 1000%+

Votes: 32 25.0%

• Total voters

donaldduke

Experienced member
According to your business/trading plan (you do have one dont you!):

How much return on your risk equity do you plan to make a year? (not how you currently
make, but how much you should make if all goes to plan...)

Last edited:
what does non margined mean ?

is it return that has never been subject to a margin call.

lightening bolt,

what are you trading? If futures,forex, spreads of CFD's then you are already leveraged.

AT

The owners of Trade2Win should be very proud because they've got as members not only some of the greatest traders of today but of ALL TIME..........

People who think nothing of making 50% before the cornflakes have even got soggy.....

My advice for all of you is simple, go raise some money and instead of making £1000's or even hundreds of thousands on your capital make £10's millions on the back of your performance fee - No risk as well.

Hell, I'd even be one of your first investors if you can prove your historical drawdowns are not toxic............

anley said:
The owners of Trade2Win should be very proud because they've got as members not only some of the greatest traders of today but of ALL TIME..........

People who think nothing of making 50% before the cornflakes have even got soggy.....

My advice for all of you is simple, go raise some money and instead of making £1000's or even hundreds of thousands on your capital make £10's millions on the back of your performance fee - No risk as well.

Hell, I'd even be one of your first investors if you can prove your historical drawdowns are not toxic............

LMFHO. So almost a third of those taking part aim to multiply their trading pot by 10X, every year!

Maybe each one of you could pick an african country and set a target of cancelling it's debt within the next 5 years - just by using the interest on the money you dropped down the pillow. T2W will be famously responsible for curing world hunger - can we name it shareAID?

And feeling suitably deflated at my 25% target, I will go off and walk over a lake.

:)

I am taking a guess here but I'd think that the ones voting in the 1000% per year are primarily if not all futures day traders. Talking to a few experienced day traders I know this is very much possible and they do do it (not me). One particular one I know averages over 8% per week. Doing my calculations that works out to be over 2000% (taking into account holidays and only trading for 40 weeks) and roughly 3700% for a 47 week year (5 weeks holiday)

I don't think it would be possible to achieve 1000% using any EOD/swing method using sensible money management strategies.I maybe wrong?

Last edited:
ammolway ,

no , you are right , you might get 1 freak year where you come close to 1000% , but in the long run , the averages are going to be way less. anyone who claims otherwise on this board , I would view with deep suspicion .

of course they may be talking about compunding gains , then of course the numbers will be superficially boosted .

but that is a BS way to trade in my view ( and I've tried it - doesn't work ) , since it is psychologically counter productive , especially for smaller traders which would be 95% of this board .

Cheers Wiseguy,

Yes I was talking about compounding, and I suppose you are right in saying that it doesn't work for most because it in it self requires good psychological discpline. But respect to those that do do it.

ammolway ,

hi there , actually , I wonder if large successful funds would do it anyway . Since they wouldn't need the extra capital , that has already been budgeted for . when you are a $250 m. fund , to compound another $2m is a lot of additional risk .

your fund mandate may not even allow it , never mind fundholders demands .

I feel that so called compounding is more theory than fact . Can you imagine this in the long run for a smaller trader ?

can you imagine he doubling his pot in say 6 months , compounding it and the losing all the profit in the next 5 .

very, very damaging both financially and psychologically . you lose 1000's of pounds , god knows you could have put it to good use in sky high priced UK , and in your mind you suffer because you know you have flushed away your hard earned gains due to pies in the sky greed.

I know , it's happened to me. never again will I compound , it's nonsense.

Just viewed the poll results.....LOL...no I mean.... ROFL...no I can do better than ....SWL......

Perhaps there should be two polls...one should be what was the goal if all goes well...AND second what did one really achieve at the end of the year..?

There are 2 people whose annual profit goal is to just breakeven - come and work for me and i'll pay you nothing for a years work if you like!

....for learners that is often the best goal to follow........and perhaps the right one...

....takes all kinds to have a measurable goals, it's not just limited to Warrens....!!!

Sidinuk,

That is exploitation, at least offer them lunch and pay for transportation.

yes , but trading is different to working for someone , that's the whole damn point is to be independent so you don't have to answer to no idiot boss. that itself has a monetary value.

so for newbies , an aim to breakeven is not bad to start with.

anmolway said:
I am taking a guess here but I'd think that the ones voting in the 1000% per year are primarily if not all futures day traders. Talking to a few experienced day traders I know this is very much possible and they do do it (not me). One particular one I know averages over 8% per week. Doing my calculations that works out to be over 2000% (taking into account holidays and only trading for 40 weeks) and roughly 3700% for a 47 week year (5 weeks holiday)

I don't think it would be possible to achieve 1000% using any EOD/swing method using sensible money management strategies.I maybe wrong?

Actually it is possible to make 1000% a year return with swing trading. If you use margin you can do that. Look at it this way:

Fully margined:

$5000 x 100% gain plus margin = $15,000
$15000 x 100% gain plus margin = $45,000

Basically you would have to double your money a little over two times per year to make 1000%. This is possible especially in a bull market.