Financial Risk Taking

Sharky

Staff
Wiley have recently published a new book called Financial Risk Trading by the UK author, Mike Elvin. Those who made it to the T2W Christmas Party last year, would have had the pleasure of meeting him. I've been fortunate enough to read the book and despite my limited experience and knowledege would happily recommend it to anyone interested in the psychology of trading, or those seeking to find a structured approach to attaining trading competence.

I've added the book today to our book store here:
http://www.trade2win.com/resources/books.php?subcat=16#79

The publishers, Wiley, have been kind enough to provide Trade2Win with a sample chapter from the book - 1. Introduction: Between Scylla and Charybdis.

Attachments

• ELVIN SAMPLE CHAPTER.pdf
    82.8 KB · Views: 924
As a new member of the trade2win group and as a novice trader, I would like to recommend Financial Risk Taking to anyone new to trading. It also looks to be a great addition to the library of traders at any level. The book has a very interesting blended approach consisting of practical trading tips and hints
and academic psychological studies. Check out my short review for Financial Risk Taking on amazon.com.

ok, so now its recomended by a novice trader ( definition : does not knw how to trade) and sharky, who claims to have "limited experience and knowledege" - sounds like a must have book then!

i am sure someone can come up with some more glowing recomendations - you should get aussietrader's marketing skills onboard for this one!

Hi Stevet,

I know what you mean and and I am pretty cynical about the stuff getting churned out by "gurus".
The book was recommended to me by a trader of 30 years experience. It really hit home a number of my own trading faults. I can only say read it and form your own view. Don't know if it will improve my trading but I found it a very interesting read....

Isa

stevet said:
ok, so now its recomended by a novice trader ( definition : does not knw how to trade) and sharky, who claims to have "limited experience and knowledege" - sounds like a must have book then!

i am sure someone can come up with some more glowing recomendations - you should get aussietrader's marketing skills onboard for this one!

most trading books are good at highlighting trading faults - since thats why the writers write books about trading and dont trade - because they never found out what the correct trading methods are

i personally think that even for trading books - all this phsycology stuff is really taking nonsensse to the limit - but i also believe in captiolism, so if there is a market for something - why not fill it!