Sticky Introduce Yourself

There's lot of links on this forum.

But IMHO, if you're open to options (and IMHO your should be): Go watch www.tastytrade.com (https://www.tastytrade.com/tt/shows)

It's the real deal.

Specifically perhaps start with one of the WDIS (Where Do I Start) series, such as the following e.g. (start at the bottom and work your way up):
https://www.tastytrade.com/tt/shows/wdis-back-to-cool/episodes?page=32

Or any of the WDIS series, just to get you going.

No offense, but I have to disagree with you on that one.
1. Options trading is not for beginners
2. Testytrades have no audited performance and are mostly famous with Karen the super trader, which turned to be the super scam...

No offense, but I have to disagree with you on that one.
1. Options trading is not for beginners
2. Testytrades have no audited performance and are mostly famous with Karen the super trader, which turned to be the super scam...

No offense taken, you are welcome to your opinions and likewise no offence intended in my response. To respond to your points directly:

1) I respectfully disagree and suggest that /with suitable eduction/ (which is what I was pointing the original poster to!), options are no more dangerous than many other trading vehicles, and in some respects are arguably IMHO safer (correctly employed of course.) I maintain that there's a lot to be learnt from the archives at tastytrade as it will help develop broad market undersanding and awareness, quite apart from specifics surrounding options.

2) I was not aware of anything untowards with respect to Karen the supertrader, thanks for pointing this out. Of course my first thought when I read your comment was that Tastytrade != Karen the supertrader, and that it's silly to conclude tastytrade is nonsense because of what Karen, a person not even involved with or part of TastyTrade has done.

The next thought that went through my head was that Karen's approach (from what I recall from when I watched an interview maybe 2 years ago or whatever with her), did in any case not really fit/comply with what tastytrade taught. Finally, having in the meantime also scanned the SEC filing, it's perhaps worthy pointing out that the alleged fraud apparently had more to do with what she did in respect of charging of fees while in a situation where she was not untitled to do so (by entering trades to try and avoid floating losses from impinging on the charging of fees) than with anything to do with the tastytrade approach. So I suggest that Karen is rather irrelevant in respect of tastytrade. If you're going to criticse, then critcise their research results or their teaching directly and perhaps avoid what might otherwise be described as FUD.

As for not being audited: Fair enough, this by itself doesn't however mean everything on their site is nonsense. And it's not like you or I or anyone else posting articles on this forum is audited either.

To close, 2 more points:

1) There's a book by Al Sherbin entitled "How to Price and Trade Options: Identify, Analyze, and Execute the Best Trade Probabilities", which covers a lot of the same philosophy and approach as is used by tastytrade. It is IMHO well worth reading, but obviously not free. But, for someone wanting something in printed form to reivew/study and are prepared to spend $50 then it's very much worth it.

2) To be clear: My suggestion to the original poster to watch the tastytrade archives was not based on specific performance of Karen or any other individual trader, but was based on personal experience having watched a lot of their educational materials, as well as my own ongoing experiment/experience successfuly introducing trading options over the last 28-ish months into my own trading.

No offense taken, you are welcome to your opinions and likewise no offence intended in my response. To respond to your points directly:

1) I respectfully disagree and suggest that /with suitable eduction/ (which is what I was pointing the original poster to!), options are no more dangerous than many other trading vehicles, and in some respects are arguably IMHO safer (correctly employed of course.) I maintain that there's a lot to be learnt from the archives at tastytrade as it will help develop broad market undersanding and awareness, quite apart from specifics surrounding options.

2) I was not aware of anything untowards with respect to Karen the supertrader, thanks for pointing this out. Of course my first thought when I read your comment was that Tastytrade != Karen the supertrader, and that it's silly to conclude tastytrade is nonsense because of what Karen, a person not even involved with or part of TastyTrade has done.

The next thought that went through my head was that Karen's approach (from what I recall from when I watched an interview maybe 2 years ago or whatever with her), did in any case not really fit/comply with what tastytrade taught. Finally, having in the meantime also scanned the SEC filing, it's perhaps worthy pointing out that the alleged fraud apparently had more to do with what she did in respect of charging of fees while in a situation where she was not untitled to do so (by entering trades to try and avoid floating losses from impinging on the charging of fees) than with anything to do with the tastytrade approach. So I suggest that Karen is rather irrelevant in respect of tastytrade. If you're going to criticse, then critcise their research results or their teaching directly and perhaps avoid what might otherwise be described as FUD.

As for not being audited: Fair enough, this by itself doesn't however mean everything on their site is nonsense. And it's not like you or I or anyone else posting articles on this forum is audited either.

To close, 2 more points:

1) There's a book by Al Sherbin entitled "How to Price and Trade Options: Identify, Analyze, and Execute the Best Trade Probabilities", which covers a lot of the same philosophy and approach as is used by tastytrade. It is IMHO well worth reading, but obviously not free. But, for someone wanting something in printed form to reivew/study and are prepared to spend $50 then it's very much worth it.

2) To be clear: My suggestion to the original poster to watch the tastytrade archives was not based on specific performance of Karen or any other individual trader, but was based on personal experience having watched a lot of their educational materials, as well as my own ongoing experiment/experience successfuly introducing trading options over the last 28-ish months into my own trading.

Hello again, you make few good points, but in the end, if there is no audited trading record during at least 2 market cycles, how one can trust a philosophy or approach... and I bet there is not audited record for a reason...

What a nice thing to dabble into this great forum, I have seen many forum about trading discussion getting this also give me great interest to learn more with pro, I believe i will never be disappointed because the numbers of members seen here is promising great knowledge acquisition soonest.,greeting to all my mate here and the pros.

Saludos

This is a thread in the New to Trade2Win forum which provides everyone with an opportunity - both old members and new - to introduce themselves to the community.

Hola, llevo unos tres años en este mundo operando en futuros, principalmente en índices, y la operativa que realizó es scalping en 1M y en velas NTRenko. Desde hace unos pocos meses tengo cierta estabilidad en los ingresos, para ello he desarrollado mis propios indicadores, nada de otro mundo, más bien modificaciones de los habituales para que grafiquen en el principal y descargar el gráfico de líneas. Estoy interesado en sistemas semiautomáticos principalmente. Mi plataforma habitual es NinjaTrader. Espero poder participar y aportar algo de interés para todos.

Translation
Hello, I have been in this world for three years in futures, mainly in indexes, and the operative I made is scalping in 1M and in NTRenko candles. Since a few months ago I have some income stability, for that I have developed my own indicators, nothing from another world, rather modifications of the usual ones to graph in the main and download the line graph. I am interested in semiautomatic systems mainly. My usual platform is NinjaTrader. I hope to participate and bring something of interest to everyone.

Help! I can not see the "NEW THREAD BUTTON" -- I'm newbie. Much appreciate ur help.

Hi
WONDERING WHY THERE IS NOT ANY INSTRUCTIONS FOR >> WHERE << TO FIND THE "NEW THREAD BUTTON" -- I'M NOT A NEW TRADER , so don't feel i need to post in that forum.

Y is life frustrating when the info should be stated EXACTLY in a logical place, unless I didn't do my basic homework of reading the basics. I thought I did.

Muchos gracias for ur support thanks.

Hi, Im chiefo,

Very happy to be here. I have been trading for a year with some success but will like to know more as time goes on

Hello Trade2win community!

My name is Matthew and I am the CEO of teabullassettimer

I will be creating a Trading journal for anyone interested to follow our trades. We trade a balanced ETF portfolio in stocks, bonds, and gold. (I am selling a product so I will not self promote this)

About me:

I am 24 years old, I have a bachelors degree in accounting. I am working towards becoming a CFP (Certified Financial Planner) as well as getting my CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) designation.

My father (Anthony) is a seasoned investor with over 20+ years of trading experience. He developed our algorithms for which we trade.

I look forward to sharing our ideas with all of you guys and gals!

Happy trading & Investing!

Cheers,
Matthew

PS: if there is anything in this post that breaks a TOS I apologize & would appreciate a site administrator removing said part of the post. Thanks!

Hello Trade2win community!

My name is Matthew and I am the CEO of teabullassettimer

I will be creating a Trading journal for anyone interested to follow our trades. We trade a balanced ETF portfolio in stocks, bonds, and gold. (I am selling a product so I will not self promote this)

About me:

I am 24 years old, I have a bachelors degree in accounting. I am working towards becoming a CFP (Certified Financial Planner) as well as getting my CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) designation.

My father (Anthony) is a seasoned investor with over 20+ years of trading experience. He developed our algorithms for which we trade.

I look forward to sharing our ideas with all of you guys and gals!

Happy trading & Investing!

Cheers,
Matthew

PS: if there is anything in this post that breaks a TOS I apologize & would appreciate a site administrator removing said part of the post. Thanks!

Looks interesting, who is your auditor and how long is your trading record (e.g. do you have at least one market cycle)?

Thanks!

Looks interesting, who is your auditor and how long is your trading record (e.g. do you have at least one market cycle)?

Thanks!

Hey Quant,

Thanks for your inquiry :)

I assume when you ask who is your auditor would consider a 3rd party verification. If this is what you mean we use timertrac.com. We have been life testing this algorithm for just over a year now and have back-tested this algorithm against the existing ETF funds since their existence.

Cheers,
Matthew

Hey Quant,

Thanks for your inquiry :)

I assume when you ask who is your auditor would consider a 3rd party verification. If this is what you mean we use timertrac.com. We have been life testing this algorithm for just over a year now and have back-tested this algorithm against the existing ETF funds since their existence.

Cheers,
Matthew

Unfortunately, I would consider only one of the big 4 (Deloitte, PwC, EY, KPMG) or similar, otherwise I cannot take your product seriously, so I would advice you to spend the time and money to do it properly before advertising...

Unfortunately, I would consider only one of the big 4 (Deloitte, PwC, EY, KPMG) or similar, otherwise I cannot take your product seriously, so I would advice you to spend the time and money to do it properly before advertising...

If you want to believe that I am not going to try to change your opinion. We do however post our trades every trading day on Stocktwits (where you cannot delete your posts except 5 minutes after you post it). We use a 3rd party site which we have no affiliation with as well as our own trading accounts.

I am not looking for anyone to just subscribe right now. That is why I am creating a journal which will be updated daily with our positions (similar to how I do our "free e-mail alert" service). I understand this product is not for everyone & I encourage you to do your due diligence and only invest in something that you trust.

With that being said I will be posting our signals each trading day starting tomorrow. If you want to watch it be my guess, if not you don't have to. :)

Cheers,
Matthew

If you want to believe that I am not going to try to change your opinion. We do however post our trades every trading day on Stocktwits (where you cannot delete your posts except 5 minutes after you post it). We use a 3rd party site which we have no affiliation with as well as our own trading accounts.

I am not looking for anyone to just subscribe right now. That is why I am creating a journal which will be updated daily with our positions (similar to how I do our "free e-mail alert" service). I understand this product is not for everyone & I encourage you to do your due diligence and only invest in something that you trust.

With that being said I will be posting our signals each trading day starting tomorrow. If you want to watch it be my guess, if not you don't have to. :)

Cheers,
Matthew

That’s what I am doing, a due diligence for me and the fellow forum members, and so far you are failing...

That’s what I am doing, a due diligence for me and the fellow forum members, and so far you are failing...

If you don't want to take the 3rd party verification then you can just follow it from scratch because that is all I am willing to provide. I will start a new track record on here, again I'm in for the long haul. I don't mind waiting for people to see our trades on here (I have total confidence in our system & am willing to show our trades).

If you don't want to take the 3rd party verification then you can just follow it from scratch because that is all I am willing to provide. I will start a new track record on here, again I'm in for the long haul. I don't mind waiting for people to see our trades on here (I have total confidence in our system & am willing to show our trades).

Systems are dime a dozen, you said you have been trading for only a year and you are looking to make money from selling signals verified on stocktwits, those are all red flags. If you want to be taken seriously, take my advice, the big 4 consulting companies will gladly verify your system and back testing and if it is as good as you claim, they will even find you investors, so you won’t have to peddle the sygnals... posting your trades will prove nothing, as Buffett said.: when the tide goes off , we’ll se who is swimming naked ... Cheers!

Systems are dime a dozen, you said you have been trading for only a year and you are looking to make money from selling signals verified on stocktwits, those are all red flags. If you want to be taken seriously, take my advice, the big 4 consulting companies will gladly verify your system and back testing and if it is as good as you claim, they will even find you investors, so you won’t have to peddle the sygnals... posting your trades will prove nothing, as Buffett said.: when the tide goes off , we’ll se who is swimming naked ... Cheers!

How would an accounting firm audit back tested results? Accountants only review information shown on bank statements and invoices. An accountant cannot confirm back tested results as they deal strictly with things that have historically been shown on a bank statement or invoice. I never made any claim on the systems results exactly for that reason.

Our results are not just verified on stocktwits (checking results on here would be difficult - especially with the frequency we trade - albeit it could be done), they are posted on timertrac also as well as our trading accounts. It is fine if you do not believe those to be credible sources. Which is why I am fine posting our signals each day.

Posting our trades here will prove lots, of course it will take time which is fine (I have no issue posting our signals for years if that's how long it takes)

How would an accounting firm audit back tested results? Accountants only review information shown on bank statements and invoices. An accountant cannot confirm back tested results as they deal strictly with things that have historically been shown on a bank statement or invoice. I never made any claim on the systems results exactly for that reason.

Our results are not just verified on stocktwits (checking results on here would be difficult - especially with the frequency we trade - albeit it could be done), they are posted on timertrac also as well as our trading accounts. It is fine if you do not believe those to be credible sources. Which is why I am fine posting our signals each day.

Posting our trades here will prove lots, of course it will take time which is fine (I have no issue posting our signals for years if that's how long it takes)

Accounting is only portion of their business, as I said, if you think you are for real and want clients, call them and setup some meetings... of course you are free to post whatever you like as long as you don’t advertise shady business...

Accounting is only portion of their business, as I said, if you think you are for real and want clients, call them and setup some meetings... of course you are free to post whatever you like as long as you don’t advertise shady business...

Perhaps I might contact them.

FYI - Auditing from one of the big 4 firms typically entails a review of company accounting procedures to ensure they are in compliance with their companies accounting standards whether that be IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) or GAAP (Generally accepted accounting Principles). It also ensures that the company is recording assets are their fair and true values.

I am just going to be posting our trades, if people want to inquire more information about things I am more than happy & willing to respond.

Perhaps I might contact them.

FYI - Auditing from one of the big 4 firms typically entails a review of company accounting procedures to ensure they are in compliance with their companies accounting standards whether that be IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) or GAAP (Generally accepted accounting Principles). It also ensures that the company is recording assets are their fair and true values.

I am just going to be posting our trades, if people want to inquire more information about things I am more than happy & willing to respond.

I am dealing with them on a regular basis for non trading related business, so they can do it... are you actually trading with real money or it is all symulated?