Full time trading versus part time...

Over the years I've actually found it increasingly difficult to commit even to swing or position trading as well as a full time career , significant other , hobbies and all that.

Can you ever really be a part time trader? Even if mechanically you only click the button once a week , I found trading any style to be in the back of the mind just as much as any other career or profession

Over the years I've actually found it increasingly difficult to commit even to swing or position trading as well as a full time career , significant other , hobbies and all that.

Can you ever really be a part time trader? Even if mechanically you only click the button once a week , I found trading any style to be in the back of the mind just as much as any other career or profession

Which part do you find difficult ?Waiting PATIENTLY and doing nothing?Good trading is boring.

It is very similar to "you can forgive but you can not forget" .Trading is a mental game , so are you stressed/anxious/curious about winning or losing?

Just trying to find out.

I suggest listening to some free videos on psychology by Dr Andrew Menaker PHD may help.

having spent the last 6 months experiencing first hand just how hard trading is, i think i might be reconsidering what i actually want to do with my life :LOL:

I obviously still want to accumulate wealth and be rich from trading but i'm not sure if i can handle the uncertainty, and scared money doesn't win , right? having an enjoyable job which has a decent wage ...would maybe be healthier and more productive, and over time you can still get rich, with the certainty of an income, you can trade more objectively and with less emotion!
problem solved?

discuss.

Trading is very easy very simple , if you know how easy it is.We are like these clever monkeys , who make it sophisticated.

Example :people try to predict markets
Prediction method is what that looks like in trading is trying to predict what the market will do rather than take advantage of what the market is willing to give you ,thus creating a difficulty of you as a trader.

Consider the simple trading rules that work: 1) follow the method ; 2) enter your
trade ; 3) exit your trade ; 4)Gain patience for these.

Well, its hard to focus on what you have to do because all our training and experience from the conventional career world tells us that the people who know most earn most, while in the jobs world, those who work most earn most.

Trading is not like this. Sometimes it seems that if you ruthlessly only know what you need to know, and if you do least work, you will make most money.

Part-time trading is going to be more rewarding financially for most traders than day-trading. Certainly, for the hours per week expended at trading or studying, it should show an even more brilliant return.