All you need to trade is a horizontal line - TheRumpledOne

ALL YOU NEED TO TRADE IS A HORIZONTAL LINE

TRADING IS SIMPLE.

There is an entire industry built around making you think it is complicated.

All you need is a HORIZONTAL LINE on your chart to be a profitable trader.

I bet you doubt me, don't you?

AAPL computer closed at $162.00 today.

Put a HORIZONTAL LINE AT $162.50 , if the price of AAPL moves up to that line, BUY.

Put a HORIZONTAL LINE AT $161.50 , if the price of AAPL moves down to that line, SELL SHORT.

IT IS THAT SIMPLE!!

You can do this with other stocks, currencies, futures, etc.

Oh when to take profits? Where to place stops? Just DON'T BE GREEDY and use COMMON SENSE! Learn some money management.

My BUY ZONE strategy is based on HORIZONTAL LINES. Check it out.. IT'S FREE!

I Talk frank and honest. But you just made it more PURE...:cool:(y)
humans have always believe that "Good Thing" most be complicated. but we forgot about "The most easy thing in life are the hardest to see". Then we most focus in ourselves deeply. So we can achieve that holy grail that "the crow seems to like it".

Best regards,
te009fx

Horizontal lines are very powerful, i agree. I draw numerous horizontal lines from previous days to help identify potential sup/res areas. I think the key to trading these horizontal lines is being able understand what price is doing when it reaches these emotional levels. In my opinion, they are more powerful than trend lines. Using them in conjunction with trend lines can create some great trading opportunities.

It seems like traders try to make things harder than what they need to be, especially with all the friggin indicators. Happened to me too, I must shamefully admit. Horizontal lines, trend lines, patterns, and failures is what I concentrate on mostly now.;)

My journal
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trading-journals/126470-toads-es-journal.html

I am using Horizontal Lines from sometime.
I have one doubt. Let's say we have currency which current price is 1.3223 - price goes up ( green candle). According to rules we should go buy when wrice reaches 1.3225. But what should be do in situation when we go buy at 1.3225 price goes up to 1.3227 and then goes down ( candle is changed to red). I have already opened buy orders but price goes down, so I am in troubles:cry:

What should we do in such situations

2d972h2.png

TRADING IS SIMPLE WHEN YOU USE HORIZONTAL LINES VIDEO

eurusd-m15-forex-capital-markets-2.png

HORIZONTAL Blue line is where price was when I first opened the chart.

HORIZONTAL MAGENTA lines define a quantum level for price ( +/- 7 pips )

GOLD line is plotted from where price WAS to where price IS.

It is easy to see Price is UP from when I first looked at the chart.

ALL YOU NEED TO TRADE IS A HORIZONTAL LINE!

Last edited:
As E.F. Schumacher once said,

“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”

Nice little video. The message to trade what you see is right on target and this is a clear practical example of what that rather vague rule (which we all know but many of us can't execute) means - i.e. be long in an uptrend.

Then a couple of interesting ways to further analyse price action for confirmation.

TRO - sounds like it was pouring with rain at the end there? Unless you were recording in the bathroom?

Nice little video. The message to trade what you see is right on target and this is a clear practical example of what that rather vague rule (which we all know but many of us can't execute) means - i.e. be long in an uptrend.

Then a couple of interesting ways to further analyse price action for confirmation.

TRO - sounds like it was pouring with rain at the end there? Unless you were recording in the bathroom?

Rain! I live on the southern Oregon coast.