Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

It's reporting season and ya can't get paid divvies if ya not in the market. There's a reason for the saying "sell in May and go away". Once ya have realised ya divvies and ya capital gains, then sell !!!!

Numpties short equities at all the wrong times. :LOL:

divvies are dividends? how do you play those against the broader market?

i have heard of traders doing something like that, but never understood it.

Looks like the Dow is back in its long term trend again.
Chart showing 21,000 by the end of the year. Although 21,000 by the end of next week wouldn't surprise me at the rate its going.

Attachments

• dowtrend.png
    dowtrend.png
    90.7 KB · Views: 61
is this higher here, probably?

its not in a long term term trend again, this is a retrace?

and its going to fail?!?

ok. thats more than a fair analysis. looking toppy here don't you think? looked toppy to me earlier in the week. we are going into a holiday on monday, how many players that bought lower will want to hold into that? we will see:eek:

i look at meta-levels, above the fray.

will we unwind here???
you can try a small short but be prepared to be stopped out,worth an exploritory bet.remember that we know nothing.the market is the market and does its own thing.we may get it right now and again but its a difficult game.if wrong just pull out quick and try the next idea.

For the fifth consecutive session, North American indices closed at new highs, something that had not happened since 1992. At stake continues to be the promise made by Donald Trump of a phenomenal plan and soon that includes less regulation and a great fiscal reform.

I have been doing a bit of commentary on this thread with regards to crowd psychology. http://www.trade2win.com/boards/general-trading-chat/220572-market-psychology-targets-6.html .

Might be of interest?

Core of the discussion is the power of belief and the ability to see this is price development.

I have also attached Posties DOW chart with areas of vulnerability, but at the same time these are areas where the public tend to believe, and ultimately create an environment, where they have changed their minds from short to long at the WRONG time. Weird is time (if only one could hold off the button for 2/3 months), then the situation they really wanted could actually occur??????

Attachments

• dowtrend.png
    dowtrend.png
    109.7 KB · Views: 59
The dow has shed 70 points with no sign of a pullback and yet the ftse is fighting every single point downwards.

Anyone that thinks the bull is in charge still, I have a bridge for you.

talking the DOw, here

I'm building a bridge between England and the USA, looking for seed $. It's HUGE. AWESOME. GET ON BOARD ;)

i'm loading the boat tuesday. :)

Last edited:

talking the DOw, here

I'm building a bridge between England and the USA, looking for seed $. It's HUGE. AWESOME. GET ON BOARD ;)

bad position sir!

talking the DOw, here

what risks do you see with that trade?

Wall Street traded on negative territory on Friday, keeping some of the trend already in the previous session and investors opting for some caution in anticipation of a longer weekend: on Monday the US stock exchange will be closed to “President’s Day” celebration. The Dow Jones industrial average opened with a slight drop, after reaching a record high for the 7th consecutive session, at 20639 points on Thrusday. On the macroeconomic front, the leading economic indicators registered an increase of 0.60% during the month of January, above the estimated 0.50%.