Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

I took a hit shorting DOW 18467.....(out at -35pips)

18505 last piece of MA resistant on 4hourly...

So much for no pain no gain. I'm taking the pain and not getting the gain (yet).

Attachments

• npng.png
    npng.png
    36.2 KB · Views: 178
Unlike what happened in recent years, August has been characterized by a very low volatility. In the last two weeks, the S & P ranged between 2168 and 2193. From a technical point of view, a break of the top of this range would signal the resumption of the upward movement of the markets. If the S & P declines below 2168 then increases the probability of a short term correction. Although it’s not possible to predict if the next move, some technical indicators give a higher probability for the support (2168) to be broken.

... If the S & P declines below 2168 then increases the probability of a short term correction. Although it’s not possible to predict if the next move, some technical indicators give a higher probability for the support (2168) to be broken.

As much as I would like it to be so, here is the Dowboys reaction to that statement.

Attachments

• Dowboysfinger.jpg
    Dowboysfinger.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 247
As much as I would like it to be so, here is the Dowboys reaction to that statement.

I had a good day, Monday. As it was Bank Holiday I left FT strictly alone and opened with CAC. It was a good opening short trade and netted me 42 points. After that, I took two more short trades. I believe that the trend line from the high in mid-August, which seem good for most indices and marks a downtrend across the subsequent tops, should be taken seriously. I'm shorting into strength until that is broken.

I had a good day, Monday. As it was Bank Holiday I left FT strictly alone and opened with CAC. It was a good opening short trade and netted me 42 points. After that, I took two more short trades. I believe that the trend line from the high in mid-August, which seem good for most indices and marks a downtrend across the subsequent tops, should be taken seriously. I'm shorting into strength until that is broken.

ASX the same now sell into strength.

Good when you get some deviation between over seas markets.

Like strong US and now weak Aussie market.

With the US markets pushing the ASX futures higher over night.

Anything you sell on the ftse now 6842 will be in profit at the end of the day. Why are they pushing the prices up?

Short DAX 10638
Hi joseph1986,
May I ask how you're managing this trade? You're entry looked good to me and the trade was on side and good for +16 or so before the reversal just above 10,620. If you're still in it, you'll be offside circa -25 or so. I ask because I struggle when price meanders around in a relatively tight range as the Dax has been doing this morning.

No need to reply unless you're happy to!
;)
Tim.