Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hello..
My name is Juan Pablo.
I have developed 2 trading algos and have built 2 historical backtesters in Excel VBA(1 for each algo). I am currently trying to write software that will implement both algos robotically.
My current broker is Etrade.
One of the algos i've developed will probabaly need very high execution speeds.

Could anyone recommend a company or platform that ensures super high execution speed for stocks in the US?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Juan Pablo

Hey I am Justin and super new to trading. Nadex.com is what intrigued me to learn things the right way. Guidance, help and constructive criticism are all ways welcome.

Have a great one

Birth Of A Quant Trader

My name is Michael Akinyele.

As an Economics undergraduate plagued with natural curiosity and far too much time on his hands I have turned my attention to the financial markets and the complex field of algorithmic trading.

Before touching any real-time trading software I have invested in the relevant literature and research to gain the grass roots knowledge necessary to not only find but understand why and when specific trading strategies work.

On the instruction of Ernst Chan in his appropriately titled "Quantitative Trading", I created this blog to act as a platform to educate and be educated by many. I hope that this is the beginning of both a profitable and an enjoyable relationship between myself and a growing readership.

p.s. - My reading list includes:
Quantitative Trading- Ernst Chan
Algorithmic Trading- Ersnst Chan
Algortihmic Trading & DMA - Barrry Johnson
Trading And Exchanges,MArket Microstructure for Practioners - Larry Harris
Inside the Black Box - Rishi Narang
Way Of The Turtle - Curtis M. Faith

If anyone has anyone has further suggestions regarding trading literature all comments and replies are welcomed. These books do not have to be directly related to algorithmic trading, the broader topic of Quant Trading is my focus at the moment

Hello..
My name is Juan Pablo.
I have developed 2 trading algos and have built 2 historical backtesters in Excel VBA(1 for each algo). I am currently trying to write software that will implement both algos robotically.
My current broker is Etrade.
One of the algos i've developed will probabaly need very high execution speeds.

Could anyone recommend a company or platform that ensures super high execution speed for stocks in the US?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Juan Pablo

Hello Juan Pablo, my name is Michael Akinyele and I am just begining my algorithmic trading process, as someone who has already done it would I able to come to you for advice?

Hi People:)
Pleasure to be on board. I hope I can get some honest help. I am willing to trade,learn and execute however lets get me some foundation - what do i need, where do i start - i've personally started from purchasing a book about in by Anna Coulling - Forex for beginners. Lately went for a seminar learn to trade, was intrigued, yes in case you're wondering i got carried away and went for my credit card and enrolled...but with the help of my girlfriend that's obviously more level headed than I was at the time of the card payment I rang up the next day, cancelled, had to send a letter etc. I have a lot of respect for her keeping her cool with me the way she did because i've never seen her so enraged yet. So guys a little helping hand please? PMs are more than welcome:) kind regards and hope you all are well.
best wishes,
Mike

U.S crude Oil

I'm a new trader,I had a mini success in trading with "gold" and now i want to go BIG (or maybe just bigger) :).
So, maybe some opinion about trading with crude oil,or any asset?
Today the U.S. in 10:30am (U.S. time) published information's about Oil Inventories...did you have any predictions?
If you want to change opinions about trading,or share knowledge or any information, we can discourse here or you can add me on Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/people/Lehel-Varga/100012875919432
Thanx or on Hungarian: Köszönöm

Hi everybody) My name is Bart, I`m from the Netherlands. I`ve been in Forex trading for half a year, still feel that have much to learn. Hope to find a lot of useful advice.

Hi guys,

My name is Chris and I am from England. I have just started studying trading and have installed a free simulator to use whilst I am still learning all of the basics and growing my foundation of trading knowledge. I am a student-athlete and majoring in psychology. I hope to achieve a great knowledge of trading so that when I have saved up some money I can see that money put to work and grow!

Chris

IAM Group Ltd

Hi
I am trying to find out what I can do.
We have been obviously scammed by IAM Group LTD.
Trading was new to us so naive.

What can we do about this?

Hello from IL, USA

Hi,

I just became interested in trading about 6 months ago. I have a lot to learn. I have joined forums for other hobbies of mine in the past for learning. I figured there has to be a forum for trading. My search has lead me here. I don't want to get sucked into paying thousands of dollars for some online scam claiming to teach trading and make you a millionaire. I am interested in options trading. I have read a lot about it many times but it hasn't clicked yet. I will keep at it though and with the help of this forum hopefully feel confident enough to execute a few trades.

Aaron

New to Join this Awesome Forum

Hello people,

I'm a new lad to this forum and wants to friend with you all to learn & discuss trading.

with zero knowledge and experience

Hi, just joined. have zero knowledge and experience in online trading and any thing comes in this domain. extremely keen and focused to learn this highly complex financial reality. hope find some guidance and help. still have no idea what book I shall start reading to know the abc of online trading?...........
Regards
:confused:

Hello all
I have 0 knowledge of trading, but 100% interest and effort to put towards it.
I am a Texan born and raised and will celebrate 36 years here in October.
My dad was an oilfield worker who invested well and rewarded well from stock trading. Since his passing I have been very interested and even interested as a child, but am just now at a place in my life to be able to pursue it.
Thanks for all the info shared here. I've purchased a few books I'm reading and looking forward to the abundance of information on this forum.

Greetings from New Zealand!
Just thought I'd drop by and introduce myself. I'm here to (finally) take my trading seriously and learn how to not lose money.
I started in forex about 2 years ago, blew my first account of $3,000 on eToro, took a break for almost a year, and have now been lurking in the background of several sites, reading and absorbing as much as I can before taking my first cautious steps back into the trading world.
I think I've now established what kind of trader I'd like to be. Having fantasised about becoming an intraday scalper I've come to the conclusion that swing trading/trend trading is much more my style. To that end I'm narrowing down my strategy at the moment - looking at trying the 3 ducks for the next 3 months to see how I get on. I'd welcome any advice, comments, help etc.
I'm just at the point of starting to trade again using a demo account and am still looking for the right broker to open my account with.

Outside of trading, I'm a married father of two, self employed contractor, motorcycle nut, keen amateur chef (thousands of dinners, no confirmed deaths) and lover of fine wine and song.

My name is Ophelie I'm French, totally new, never trade before.
Lot to learn, feeling overwhelmed but happy to be here.

Hi members, I'm Avey Khali, I've new to the world of trading but I hope to one day make a living from it.
Chat to you folks on the boards :)

i am a full time student since 9 years.
I've never really worked for a boss and that is good.
I make money and i lose money, but i can live.

i have a diploma in geoinformatic and make now my master thesis.
i started trading 3 years back. first time one futures now on forex.

my goal is an ats, a money making machine.

i have a simple plan to make cash, i jump with direction of trend pick 10 pips and shutdown the system.