Best Thread FXCM/DailyFX Signals and Strategies

WTI Crude Oil Price Forecast: Faltering Below Price Resistance Raises Sub-$40 Fears

The price of WTI Crude Oil (CFD: USOil) traded at its lowest levels in two months this week as the Crude rally looks less sustainable than the equity rally that recently saw the SPX500 reach lifetime highs this week.

WTI-Crude-Oil-Price-Forecast-Faltering-Below-Price-Resistance-Raises-Sub40-Fears_body_Picture_4.png.full.png

Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results.

For complete technical analysis, see Tyler Yell's article today on DailyFX.com

GBP/JPY at Brexit Levels- Elevated Risk for Declines on UK Employment

GBP/JPY has continued to straddle the Brexit close with the pair at risk for losses ahead of UK jobs data.

Daily Chart
Forex-GBPJPY-at-Brexit-Levels--Elevated-Risk-for-Declines-on-UK-Employment_body_GBPJPYDaily7-19-2016.png.full.png

Michael Boutros points out the updated targets and invalidation levels that matter in his article on DailyFX.com

hey Jason - the strangest thing

I have multiple charts running on my FXCM UK live trading platform

since about an hour ago I only have the AU chart running live .............every other pair chart running is not refreshing unless I press refresh on them individually ???????

any ideas or thoughts ?..............do I need to talk to the it group ?

I have my screens saved in profiles so hopefully I wont lose everything on a reboot

Help needed

Thanks
N

hey Jason - the strangest thing

I have multiple charts running on my FXCM UK live trading platform

since about an hour ago I only have the AU chart running live .............every other pair chart running is not refreshing unless I press refresh on them individually ???????

any ideas or thoughts ?..............do I need to talk to the it group ?

I have my screens saved in profiles so hopefully I wont lose everything on a reboot

Help needed

Thanks
N

hey no worries ........I had overloaded my market watch screen as ususal .......forget to clear it

cheers
N

Retail FX Traders Point to Significant Changes for Yen

Retail forex traders are now net-short the US Dollar versus the Japanese Yen for the first time since the pair traded near 120¥ through late 2015.

ssi_usd-jpy_body_Picture_4.png

The substantive shift warns the pair may be at a significant crossroads which David Rodriguez discusses today in his article on DailyFX.com

USD/JPY Shows Brexit-Like Anxiety Heading into BoJ Decision

We have the Bank of Japan rate decision coming up this evening and anticipated Yen volatility measures are running extremely high. In fact, the overnight implied volatility on USD/JPY is at levels not seen since the Great Financial Crisis. Below is a chart to give some comparison to the anticipation that was building up in the GBP/USD overnight implied volatility reading heading into Brexit.

QK7EgST.png

John Kicklighter explains why this event is so important in his article on DailyFX.com

New Sentiment Indicator for Trading Station

We've added a new Speculative Sentiment Index indicator for Trading Station on FXCMapps.com. It graphs the data in real time, so you can see both current and historical trading sentiment on your charts.

One of my favorite features of the new SSI indicator is that you can view sentiment data either as an index value or a percentage. For example, you see below the Speculative Sentiment Index value for USD/JPY is 3.23 which means there are 3.23 long positions for every short position. That equates to 76.38% of traders being long.

YK5HFS8.png

SSI is a contrarian signal to price action, so the fact that more traders are buying USD/JPY is a bearish signal for the pair. Notice in the chart above how the price action in USD/JPY tends to move in the opposite direction to the SSI percentage. When traders increase their buying, the price tends to fall and vice versa. This makes trader sentiment an interesting complement to the signals you can get from technical analysis and fundamental analysis.

WTI Crude Oil Price Forecast: Bear Market Below 200-DMA

The price of WTI Crude Oil (CFD: USOil) traded at its lowest levels in three months to open the month of August.

WTI-Crude-OIl-200DMA-Bear-Markets-TY_body_Picture_4.png.full.png

The Crude Oil rally looks to be diverging from the equity rally that saw SPX500 reach lifetime highs intraday on Monday. Tyler Yell discusses this today in his article on DailyFX.com

US Dollar Once Again Looks like it might Break Down

Retail forex traders remain aggressively long the US Dollar versus major counterparts.

ssi_table_story_body_Picture_7.png

Are further losses all but guaranteed? Read David Rodriguez's analysis in his Weekly Speculative Sentiment Index report on DailyFX.com

EUR/USD short positions up 15.6% since yesterday

CsbHQupWAAEunN7.jpg:large

The Speculative Sentiment Index (SSI) is a contrarian indicator and the fact traders are selling EUR/USD is a bullish signal for the pair. Note in the image above how the price action of the EUR/USD candles tends to mirror the histogram of short positioning in the pair.

Crude Oil Price Forecast: Clear Technical Focus Ahead of Algiers

See full analysis by Tyler Yell on DailyFX.com

Crude-Oil-Price-Forecast-Clear-Technical-Focus-Ahead-of-Algiers-TYOIL_body_Picture_2.png.full.png