Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Earnings are going to be shocking this week imho. I can see the headlines now - China slowdown - Strength of the US dollar.

Dax down 100 :sleep:

Dow down more than 10 points :eek:

I'm waiting for all the "Its the end of the world as we know it" pundits to come out of the woods.

Attachments

• falling_knife.png
    falling_knife.png
    8.8 KB · Views: 792
Many investors begin to anticipate that the ECB will announce a new phase of the debt purchase program. Based on a study of Standard & Poor's, some investors estimate that the quantitative easing program will reach 2400 000 M € and extends until the end of 2018.

Greece is not in the news much nowadays.
Thank goodness thats all fixed then. :whistling

So @postman we were both convinced Thursday last week it was time to short the market.
We doubted ourselves on Friday and bailed, had we stuck to our guns we would have ended up quids in by Friday close or at latest midday Monday?

Now annoyed I woke up feeling long on Monday, ffs :/

Has anyone been holding short since end of last week?

This is a typical anti trade pattern that hits us all.

I nailed the short entries twice today for a fraction of the profits I could have really made. Natural instinct says go long 'in a rage fit' - lose some money whilst you're at it :LOL:

It happens. Don't fight it

In at 10040 @ half leverage. Will add or trade against it. Getting scary hairy tbh

//edit oops wrong thread.

//I do humbly apologise for interrupting your knitting.

So @postman we were both convinced Thursday last week it was time to short the market.
We doubted ourselves on Friday and bailed, had we stuck to our guns we would have ended up quids in by Friday close or at latest midday Monday?

Has anyone been holding short since end of last week?

Yes that fact was not lost on me either.
I thought we would get the pullback but as usual I entered too early. (The wife tells me that too).

Missed the 100 point rebound in dax by having a stop too close (11 points off the low). :rolleyes:

Yes that fact was not lost on me either.
I thought we would get the pullback but as usual I entered too early. (The wife tells me that too).

Missed the 100 point rebound in dax by having a stop too close (11 points off the low). :rolleyes:

I still hold a bearish outlook into tomorrow for DAX. :idea:

Based on this conversation I should go Long right !

I still hold a bearish outlook into tomorrow for DAX. :idea:

Tricky place to be taking a position imho. I'm bearish too but not brave enough to take it at 10030. S&P looks like it's forming support whch be bad for us

Tricky place to be taking a position imho. I'm bearish too but not brave enough to take it at 10030. S&P looks like it's forming support whch be bad for us

I still think it will be down from 10030 tomorrow. Either way is good for me I am trading options (as long as not too far!)..... +40 on options today.