Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hello All

Hi All,

Recently joint this site in the hope to further my education in trading and investing. Been investing and trading for a while but I have not been very consistent due to other commitment. I now mean to turn this around and welcome advice and help as well as share my knowledge where possible.

I hope that doesn't sound too serious.:LOL:

glad to be here

hi all

im new to trading and been trying to learn all i can
ive found to a slow process so far but now ive found this site im hoping i will be able to learn quicker
any advice you lovely ppl can give me will be most welcome
thanks for allowing me to join

Hello,

I'm from Belgium and I'm 30 years old. I have been trading since october 2014 (bad timing, i know :p). I've been introduced to it by a friend who made quite a lot of profits over the course of a year (much of it was because he took too much risk (but it turned out good) he realised now). Nevertheless it struck my interest and I've been reading and trying out things ever since. Overall I lost some money but I also learned a lot in the process so I don't mind having lost the money, I'm in it for the long haul so in the end it won't matter.

The reason I'm joining this forum and community is because I know communities like these are beneficial to me and in time I'm sure I can give some value back as well. In 2010 I joined some kind of self help community to get a certain part of my life fixed and I was very determined to do so. Now, being 2015, I can say I reached my goal on that part of my life so my focus has shifted somewhat. Although I'm still part of that community and I'm still in contact with a lot of people from there it's not my main focus anymore.

I also see that a lot of the principles in trading are the same principles that were important in that self help community. I see a lot of similarities and that's very interesting to me. It seems like some things are universal principles of life.

Lastly, I also think it will be interesting to keep a trading journal for myself. I now see myself taking notes on my trades but they're a bit scattered and infrequent. I used to keep a journal in the forums of said self help community and I know it helped me tremendously. Just to be able to look back in the past objectively is already a great asset. And for trading it will be equally important for my chances to succeed I can imagine.

My long term goal with trading is to be able to trade for a living, freeing up more time in my life for my hobbies and projects. Working for a boss 9 to 5 just isn't satisfying for me. I always had the feeling that I was supposed to do more with my life. I've never been one to conform to societies standards or whatever people try to conform me with. Working for a boss has no real growth in it. There is no real goal. You show up to work every day so you have your income but generally you're not going forward in life. I'm one that always must have a goal in sight to work towards. Sure if you work your ass off and do a really good job you might get a promotion and earn 30% more. But you'll also have to work longer hours most likely. I don't like to trade my time for money cause in the end, time is the most valuable thing we have.

Looking forward reading and contributing to this forum.

Cheers!

Hi i m new here and my name is Abderrahim + i m new trader too i will start tomorrow i m looking for somebody who can help me to have a good start thx everyone

Hi everyone,

New here and looking forward to getting to know you all. I've been trading for quite a while now in equities options, mostly index options. Branching out to futures and possibly forex in time.

I'll likely have a lot of questions at first but hopefully turn into a contributor after a while.

Introduction

Hi,
I'm a quantitative developer from over 10 years now. I'm also an algoritmic trader. My knowledge comes out of praktice. I'm developing, testing, optimizing and trading my own systems full time.
I want to support Trade2Win members with my skills, but I will describe this in my thread.
Thank you

Hello everyone,
I'm elisa and I've been trading for almost a year (not a long period), it's nice to find a community and I can't wait to be part of it.
I'm 24 years old, I have a part time job and the rest of the day is used by trading with binary options.
I hope to learn more about the trading world with the help of all of you..oh! I'm Italian, so I apologize if sometimes I'll make mistakes.

Hi all,
I'm Sjakie (51) from Amsterdam and recently started studying trading.
I worked for a currency brokerage firm for 2,5 years in the beginning of the 90s. Everything has changed since then of course. There was no internet and we did not have computers. So before I can even think about getting back into the trading business I have much to learn. Thanks everyone for sharing your knowledge and experience!

Hi

I am new on this community and new on tradeing(1 year experience). Im tradeing with plus500 and binary options. My favorite instrument is dax30

When i started with tradeing i made many big misstakes and lost lot of money. What does not kill makes me stronger.

tRR

Hi
My name is Alex, I'm I am new on this community.
I trade for over 10 years and I am constantly learning.
I have my own strategy and I develop it.

Thank you

Hello everybody!

I am glad to be here, hope for getting a really useful information out of this forum, ready for sharing and receiving experience!

Greetings----my name is Sean. I am a retired attorney who has been trading for a living for the past two years and hope to be able to continue to do so!

Hi,
I'm a quantitative developer from over 10 years now. I'm also an algoritmic trader. My knowledge comes out of praktice. I'm developing, testing, optimizing and trading my own systems full time.
I want to support Trade2Win members with my skills, but I will describe this in my thread.
Thank you

Good to see so experienced players like you in the forum. Stay active and enjoy the forum.