Sticky Introduce Yourself

Being an Online business I get a lot of Screen time so back in Oct 2014 took the plunge again and opened an account with City Index starting on the Dax and Dow at anything from £1 to £5 a point . Net net i'm on the win side so can't complain and am now trading with IG for myslef and have a joint pot with a mate at ETX .

That's awesome - how much did you have deposited in your account until you begun playing at the £5/point level?

Anyway, hello everyone else!

I've just joined the site this morning. I am in my final year of secondary education and have begun my journey into learning about finance!
Really looking to get into spread betting, and gaining a better understanding of technical analysis.

See you around!

Harry :clap:

That's awesome - how much did you have deposited in your account until you begun playing at the £5/point level?

Anyway, hello everyone else!

I've just joined the site this morning. I am in my final year of secondary education and have begun my journey into learning about finance!
Really looking to get into spread betting, and gaining a better understanding of technical analysis.

See you around!

Harry :clap:

Started with £2000 but £1000 would be ok for 1 Trade a time at a Fiver .
Good luck in the rest of your Education and Financial Journey :D

Hi all.
I've decided to take the plunge into the world of trading.
I'm in college with little money to play with so my initial investment is $1000.
I'm going to try my hand at day trading with the robin hood app and see what I learn along the way.
Any advice/suggestions are welcomed.
Hope to get a lot of great info from this site.

Hello,
Been a lurker on here for a while as well. Lots of useful insight from other traders on here. I began trading stocks in 2012. About a 38% average yearly return without using any leverage. Been studying short term trading for a few months now. Paper traded the /ES for the past 3 weeks with an average success rate of 70% so far. I am purely scalping. Looking for short term reversals to collect a quick pip then I'm out. I love my BBands and Stochastics. I trade from a 5 min chart with 1 min for my entries. Volume is another big piece of my trading equation. Looking to follow the big money. Looking forward to meeting other traders on here with similar styles to collaborate with. Cheers.
Will

I spent a couple of years working as an IB trader then seven years as a portfolio manager / researcher in a large systematic HF. I now manage my own capital from home. My main portfolio is trading about 45 futures on a fully automated basis, using mostly trend following signals.

Areas of (some) expertise:

- systematic and automated trading
- trend following (not high frequency)
- futures
- fixed income
- fundamental, global macro
- python
- linux
- Interactive brokers API

You can read my blog here:
http://qoppac.blogspot.co.uk/

hello everybody , it is midnight here , just found this website, and got very excited to drop by and say hello . Aloha

Hello everyone!

Im new to trade2win, and just thought it would be nice to introduce myself.

Name name is Tim, and I specialize in Foreign Exchange market aka Forex and I started trading Forex live at the beginning of February after 7 months of hardwork and study. I also document my trades on ForexFactory here is the link: http://www.forexfactory.com/timthetrader#33

I plan on also making a journal on trade2win to document my trades, so stary tuned!

Hi I am new in this forum.I came here to get ideas about forex trading.Hope I am in the right place.Thankyou. :):)

Hey, Welcome on this forum. Feel free to ask about anything that come from careful examination of the beast called FX. We're ready to help you :D

Hi guys Daniel here,

I'm a final year student at university and was very interested in trading. Wanted to join this forum to gain more knowledge to help become a good trader.

All the best to you guys and gals.

New Here

Hello all,

I started trading 1 month ago and want to do this full-time. Started with binary options with 1000 euros and after 1 month i'm break even. But i want to take it seriously and trade for real. I think binary options is more gambling and with real trading you have more control and less risk. But it was easy to start with and get the feeling of using real money.

I now have a demo account with lmax and so far it's going pretty wel. I use risk management and take it very serious. I made 10% profit in 2 weeks on a 10k demo account. I chose this broker because it's ECN and heard good things about it. Only thing is that i don't like their charts. They also offer their services through MT4 platform, but i don't like that platform.

I see myself as an absolute noob in trading and i know with real money it will be different. And before i put some real money in my account i need to be at a level that i'm comfortable with. That's why i joined this forum. And hope i can learn some good stuff here.

I'm still looking for a setup that i like. I started using tradingview.com for charts and i really like it. Only thing that i find strange is that charts don't match from lmax and tradingview. It says they both real time. I have read that ECN brokers always show real time market prices, so now i don't know who to believe.

I have read about spreads and difference between STP, ECN and market makers. But it's not about a few pips. And tradingview is just charting website so why would they show different prices? Maybe there are some pro's here that could explain that to me?

Thanks,
Harry

New here

This is a thread in the New to Trade2Win forum which provides everyone with an opportunity - both old members and new - to introduce themselves to the community.

If you're a new member, or maybe just a lurker who hasn't yet taken the plunge, then this is as good a place as any to start. Tell us a bit about yourself, perhaps your trading history and interests, and what you hope to gain from the site.

:!: If you have any simple questions related to trading, then please refrain from asking them in this thread and instead use the New to Trading forum, which is targeted specifically at newbies taking their first steps.

Hi Sharky,
I'm new here T2W and registered. Forum looks good - look forward to learn and contribute.
Best wishes.

Hi all,
I* would like to introduce myself as Oksana Haidar. I will be your personal contact at Sensus Capital Markets Ltd. Malta

If you have any questions about FX- and CFD-trading or our trading platforms you can contact me via skype: o.haidar11 or here via chat

Hey everyone BP here. I have had an interest in a broad range of financial subjects for years but have always put off getting involved in trading. Due to a career change I now have alot more spare time so figured I would start now. From my experiences in other pursuits I recognise the importance of finding a great mentor to learn from as quickly as possible so hopefully I will have a good time on this site.

Have a marvellous day

Hi guys, My name is Linas. Live in UK and I'm very interested in trading shares. Just opened Hargreaves & Lansdown share trading acount, so all I need now is knowledge as I never tried any dealings yet.

Hi everyone,

I have just joined today. I am very new to trading having dabbled just once last year for a month where I pretty much broke even. I have started again last week and am doing OK, but I know it's been blind luck which is not a great long term strategy.

I have a background in writing complex financial software and am comfortable with technical analysys, I just have no idea what to do in trading so I acknowledge I am on the very first step.

Hoping to lean a lot and appreciate this is going to be a lifetime of learning.

Steve aka The Troubled Trader

Introduction

Hi gang,

Just want to take the time to introduce myself. I am a new comer who is going to take the plunge for a career change. I have mainly worked as an institutional broker for big houses on the primary Dealer's market (EGB's, US CPI and Equity cash and derivatives).

I will daytrade YM on a full time basis. it took me alot of reading, chatting and testing, but i am finally there.

With your help i am looking forward to that new venture.

Cordialy yours, Mignardf

Admin of a new website

Hi,

I'm the admin of a new website for stock analytics, looking forward to reading the articles on this forum and possibly getting some feedback on improving the site.