Sticky Introduce Yourself

In the past I chased Futures clients, selling them software, but they almost always blew out their accounts. Take Euro FX, $12.50 / tick. I realized they were underfunded and generally over-committed with the minimum of 1 contract. So I rejigged everything and moved to Forex where as little as 1/100th exposures can be taken incrementally. Brilliant and effective idea. Problem is Clients trading the Forex market are pretty much crap (no offense meant to anyone); whereas Futures and Stock traders watch CNBC and tend to have money to spend. Bad marketing decision. So now I don't chase clients, but just have a prop trade operation with a partner in Europe so I can get access to the decent Forex brokers, and trade with our own software. Forget those "cheap" Forex amateurs... let's be professional, and deal only with pros, if possible; you might feel the same way.

HyperScalper

As in any business one gets deeper involved in, to get ahead and prosper better, one has to expand our neighborhood. I have others I have taught day trade for me, as I simple don't want to trade twenty hours a day any more. I still day trade Indexes, Crude and Gold, but we day trade twenty markets, have several automated systems going. But overall, my long term stock and commodity systems give most money in most years, day trading is very expensive in terms of man hours, leasing seats, data, software, security etc. And yet for long term, one can use a chartbook, pencil and ruler as when I started.

Way too many start undercapitalized but worse uneducated, just cause you have the funds doesn't mean one should open an account, should take 1-3 years developing methods and then backtest and trade forward first. But just like people don't have discipline in their lives, they won't in their trading. Most so called gurus train others cause they can't trade themselves, otherwise they wouldn't waste their time teaching. Why teach for so little few thousands dollars when you can do so day trading each day if you are any good, but 99% are not any good. Best way to learn is read and back test. Dealing with the public is horible way to make a living, gave that up long ago when I owned a brokerage and managed money, just more fun to trade for oneself. Right?

As in any business one gets deeper involved in, to get ahead and prosper better, one has to expand our neighborhood. I have others I have taught day trade for me, as I simple don't want to trade twenty hours a day any more. I still day trade Indexes, Crude and Gold, but we day trade twenty markets, have several automated systems going. But overall, my long term stock and commodity systems give most money in most years, day trading is very expensive in terms of man hours, leasing seats, data, software, security etc. And yet for long term, one can use a chartbook, pencil and ruler as when I started.

Way too many start undercapitalized but worse uneducated, just cause you have the funds doesn't mean one should open an account, should take 1-3 years developing methods and then backtest and trade forward first. But just like people don't have discipline in their lives, they won't in their trading. Most so called gurus train others cause they can't trade themselves, otherwise they wouldn't waste their time teaching. Why teach for so little few thousands dollars when you can do so day trading each day if you are any good, but 99% are not any good. Best way to learn is read and back test. Dealing with the public is horible way to make a living, gave that up long ago when I owned a brokerage and managed money, just more fun to trade for oneself. Right?

Yep, you are right, Sir !! :) Definitely a different focus and mindset when you have to make money grow !! You get "real creative" pretty quick ;-) Fun to be on the sharp end, as you suggest.
G.T.
HyperScalper

Hello! My name is Vitor, I'm a 22 years old Brazilian student of Agronomy. I have no experience in trading, and before knowing about this forum I was already reading some of the books recommended by the Forum (Trading for a Living). My goal now is to get as much trading knowledge as I can so I can apply it in the future.

Nice to meet everyone, and sorry about my bad english :cheesy:

vivaico, elliott wave trader

Hi folks

I am 38 year old day trader from Finland.
I trade using elliott wave technical analysis

I also have website where i forecast 8 forex pairs using elliott wave theory
you can visit my website at www.vivai.co

Starting slowly ... soooo much information

Hi All,

I'm a 45 year old University prof. I teach sport psych and grad statistics. I am a novice at trading - doing my best to learn and probably overthinking things (just want to be cautious to start). So much information but most of it is partial information which leads to someones get quick rich educational program (one time big payment) or worse yet some website which feeds you the trades / trade system (making your reliant on a pay per month basis and doesn't really leave you educated).

From everything I have read so far: use a simple system, learning it inside and out, practice risk management and go slowly. Add lots and lots of practice and there you have it.

Any other suggestions: books, ligit DVD's / programs (online or in the UK) and ways to get started would be appreciated (though I am sure there is tons on here [I've only scratched the surface of this site so far]).

Thanks for you help in advance - Kind Regards

Hello from AZ

I'm a swing trader from Arizona who mainly does buy-the-dips type trades on high growth small caps. It was working very well until about May, now many of my holdings are waiting to come out of the doldrums. Oh well.

Full disclosure--I have a tool which I developed/sell which I use to find the best buy and sell percentages based on backtests. I don't intend to promote it on the Forum, instead I was hoping to occasionally post technical analysis information based on backtesting stocks which could be useful to the members here.

Not sure if this breaks the rules of the Forum, if it does I'll respectfully bow out.

start here

I have a free analysis website which is worth to check out if you are new to trading. www.vivai.co

Hi All,

I'm a 45 year old University prof. I teach sport psych and grad statistics. I am a novice at trading - doing my best to learn and probably overthinking things (just want to be cautious to start). So much information but most of it is partial information which leads to someones get quick rich educational program (one time big payment) or worse yet some website which feeds you the trades / trade system (making your reliant on a pay per month basis and doesn't really leave you educated).

From everything I have read so far: use a simple system, learning it inside and out, practice risk management and go slowly. Add lots and lots of practice and there you have it.

Any other suggestions: books, ligit DVD's / programs (online or in the UK) and ways to get started would be appreciated (though I am sure there is tons on here [I've only scratched the surface of this site so far]).

Thanks for you help in advance - Kind Regards

dax trading

I have been day trading for about 6 years and recently started trading DAX (FDAX futures). I would like to connect to traders who are interested in sharing the strategies and chatting about trading the dax and other futures. :)

Hi, This is my first post. I signed up long ago and then forgot about all you nice folks. Is there a webb site associated with the chat room? I am an old fart, a day trader by trade just looking to bounce ideas. Would I find anything like that here?

Hi everyone, I have about 2 years under my belt and my success is starting to improve since I left behind following conventional resources and instead doing my own analysis.

Hi !

HI everybody, I am a forex trader who loves technical analysis and I have been trading for seven years. I trade 13 pairs (lucky number), mainly on intraday or swing trading. And now back to the charts.... ;)

Good morning! I am sure with that level of experience you will be very welcome here. Good luck!

Although I trade the ES mainly, Some intraday times can work for most markets. Here are a couple: Monday ( today ) @ 2:26 EST; Tuesday, 2-03-15 @ 2:36 P.M. EST. Watch these to see what happens. Regards

Good morning, my system is based on identifying horse fitness levels pre race and exploring options to trade/lay, I am a novice.

Complete novice saying Hi all

Hi, completely new to trading. Having looked at different markets for a few months now and I'm liking the look of options, in particular selling options (if possible?) Hoping to find lots of info here regarding Uk brokers and suitable platforms (that compare with TOS). Probably going to ask a few dumb questions on the way.

Good to see that you are interested in investing. I am totally a futures man. Options are tricky because of the time decay. Stocks are too slow for my temperament. Day trading futures is the place to be. Look into it. I can help you if you are interested in this form of investing. Later

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and i'm looking forward to learning as much as i can. I have about 2 years dabbling in stocks and would like to get to where i can do it for a living. I'm currently not a very good trader but i hope with time and learning i can become much better. I look forward to learning from others and also giving my 2 cents worth. Thanks for reading my post !

Hi,

I would like to introduce myself. I'm a web developper who started a own surebet service which is runnin for a year successfully.

Now I'm working on a new version and soon will be released. i will be happy to give free access for the members of this forum for a trial.

Happy trading!