Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hi

New to trading, had a demo account for about a month and moved into spread betting.

Gathering knowledge and this forum seems a good place for it.

Hi guys and gals im a complete newbie, 19 years old, bit of a geek i was a relatively early adopter of bitcoin mining and the markets/trading caught my attention as a result of that boom. So ive decided to learn how to trade as a bit of fun or a hobby if you will as i see it as being more interesting and probably more productive (if done properly) then spending hours playing pc games and scrolling through social networks. For now you can probably find me probing my way around the getting started areas.

Peace!

Advice… More money is made with patience than profitable trades. Sure everyone can make a profitable trade, but if you're not patient, that one impatient trade can lose it all.

Hi,

I only have a very basic understanding of trading, I am learning about it at university and its actually one of my modules. I am also keen on making some money for myself though.

You guys sounded like you knew what you were talking about so hi!

Hey all, just started to get active making trades. I've been in long "safe" positions for years but made a few $ messing around with the riskier inverse index leverage stuff and want to learn more about short term investing.

:cheesy: nice to meet you guys here, actually what I love most from going through the posts are the icons :LOL:, they're freaking funny :clap:

My name is Dong Nguyen, but when I join international trading I was asked to choose an English name. Being a movie maniac I was, I chose Anderson to be my name, so that anyone who contacted me would call me Mr. Anderson just like the movie Matrix :LOL:. But then I realized Anderson was the last name and it is kinda silly to name myself Dong Anderson, so I finally switched to Neo Nguyen, not a perfect choice but acceptable. :smart:

About myself, I'm from Vietnam, a young (25y.o) and smart guy (I scored 138 in 9/10 IQ tests :whistling). When I got out of university 3 years ago, I beated 1200 candidates to become an management trainee in Prudential Corporation, but later then I felt upset by the HR Manager's lies (I said I learnt economics and would like to work in economics, she didn't care a bit and dropped me into law department, saying it's a temporary place before they arranged a place in the marketing dept., instead telling the the truth that they just wanted a smart guy for the law team which was too slow and old-fashioned). Long story short I got out of the Insurance company, having no actual skills and exp related to my major (export/import and international business) :cry:, like a fish trying to swim back into the ocean. I joint a wood manufacturer, selling their products to EU, the job was decent until my country had some conflicts with China on the sea. Some guys in the factory went nuts for no reason and trying to prove nothing by getting out of the streets, march in contests and destroy every factories and stores they saw. :mad:. The 2nd time I can only scratch my head wondering how much unlucky one could be...anyway, I just joined an FMCG trading company, what we do is to collect FMCG (soft drinks, detergent, confectionery etc.) produced in Vietnam and sell back to oversea markets. To be honest what we're doing is against the manufacturers' will, and the job was very messy, like you have to use tricks and tips to steal the products from the factories, but I have no choice. If someone here is recruiting in Vietnam for your company, please let me now, I'm desperately trying to get back to who I was. Or if you can't, for my respect to the current company, please get in touch with me if you want to import any FMCG :rolleyes:

Intro

Hello,

Came across this website a while ago only just signed up. Love the forum.

I am 21 and I have a very small amount of experience trading at Marex about 2 years ago, since then I have moved into the telesales industry.

I really enjoyed trading at Marex, it was one of the best/exciting times of my life so far.

Looking to get back into the financial services industry in the new year.

where about is marex in the uk

Hello,

Came across this website a while ago only just signed up. Love the forum.

I am 21 and I have a very small amount of experience trading at Marex about 2 years ago, since then I have moved into the telesales industry.

I really enjoyed trading at Marex, it was one of the best/exciting times of my life so far.

Looking to get back into the financial services industry in the new year.

Hello Everyone,

I joined here after I lost a bit cash trading foolishly, and was told by quite a few people on a different forum that this a good place to start learning and practicing on a demo account. I trade only in Forex, and I'm from India. Big Arsenal and Led Zepp fan here!

Just joined

Hello all

I have had my toe dipped in the markets for about 18 months but over the past 3 months have been able to devote sensible time to it - you need to treat it like a business. Learning fast, concentrating on DAX30 and the CAC40, and gap trading US stocks, using a set and forget style.

Really interested in finding out worthwhile sources on gap strategies - any ideas would be really welcome.

Have a great weekend!

Hello everybory!

I'm a new member of the forum. I'd like to get the more knowledge about trading strategies, indicators, and trade in general. Also, I want to improve my English(it's so bad right now). That's all((
I hope for your help.

Hello everybody

Hi 2All,

I'm new to this site and forum.
Actually i'm newbie in trading
and trying to learn it...

Good luck to T2W community!..

new here

Hey! I'm new here and I'm hoping to pick up on some new strategies from other users and share some of my own. I've been casually trading on and off for a few years - mostly into the technical/alogrithmic strategies. I trade stocks and options mostly and have been looking into getting started with forex. Hope to see you all around the forums!

Good morning/Afternoon/Evening to all at T2W,

My name is Chris, I am a new member of the forum and in fact the whole trading career. I'm 28 work full time have family etc and from Northern Ireland. Reasons for joining the community is I hope to become a successful trader (who doesn't) where I can trade full time.

I have been reading over the stickies at top of the beginners forum and there is a lot of information to take in. I have opened a demo account with IG index after doing some research on different company and they seem to offer my 1st step on the stairs to the trading career. One thing I seem to not be getting the hang of is charting, so if anyone is willing to help or direct me to a place where I can learn to read them better and create/edit them would be great.

Anyway hope to have a great time here, ready to loose my money lol.

Chris
Northern Ireland

I personally think day trading is pure luck, traders are gamblers while the firms that offer the odds (prices) are, essentially, bookies. What separates good traders from bad is not better trading but better money management. Ones that make money from it long term are essentially better money managers. They are able to manage their account better than those who lose everything. A kid can be taught to be an effective a trader as someone with a degree in economics from Cambridge.

I personally think day trading is pure luck, traders are gamblers while the firms that offer the odds (prices) are, essentially, bookies. What separates good traders from bad is not better trading but better money management. Ones that make money from it long term are essentially better money managers. They are able to manage their account better than those who lose everything. A kid can be taught to be an effective a trader as someone with a degree in economics from Cambridge.

No. The better money managers manage money better 80% because of their psychological abilities, 20% because of their technical skills / knowledge. Good trading can be learned but cannot be taught.