Best Thread FXCM/DailyFX Signals and Strategies

Video: Trading the Hong Kong Dollar, Chinese Yuan and Emerging Markets

Talking Points:
  • Protests in Hong Kong have led to another geopolitical flare up centered on the Emerging Markets
  • While the Hang Seng is more responsive to the developments, the HKD and CNH (Renminbi) are unusual
  • Trading Emerging Market assets and currencies is both an endeavor of unique fundamental aspects and "risk"

Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results.

EUR/CAD Shorts at Risk Ahead of ECB Rate Decision

Talking Points

Trader Sentiment Heading into NFP

ssi_table_story_body_Picture_15.png

In his weekly update on the Speculative Sentiment Index (SSI) at DailyFX.com, quantitative strategist David Rodriguez discussing the following:

• EUR/USD - Euro May have Set Significant Low versus the Dollar
  • GBP/USD - British Pound Remains in Clear Downtrend
  • USD/JPY - US Dollar Might have Topped versus Yen
  • AUD/USD - Australian Dollar Remains a Sell until this Changes
  • NZD/USD - New Zealand Dollar Shows Signs of Turnaround
  • EUR/CHF - Euro Remains in Downtrend versus Swiss Franc

Jason ..............has something happened on live feeds ?.......i'm still showing 9.15 on my live charts ?

thanks for the help yesterday Jason..........we appear to have a freeze problem again now ?

11.35 connection dropped again .........

Jason ..............has something happened on live feeds ?.......i'm still showing 9.15 on my live charts ?

thanks for the help yesterday Jason..........we appear to have a freeze problem again now ?

Hi Neil,

Sorry for not responding to your posts sooner. I only saw them now, since I'm making a post on this thread today. However, I believe we already discussed the tech issues you encountered on another thread.

For future reference, this thread is for discussing DailyFX trading signals. If you have questions about FXCM, please feel free to ask me in our main discussion thread: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/forex-brokers/88834-fxcm-discussion-108.html#post2429882

AUD/USD Breaks Below Major Support on High Volume

AUDUSD-The-Break-Weve-Been-Looking-For_body_Picture_2.png

Visit DailyFX.com for complete analysis of this trading opportunity by instructor Rob Pasche.

3 Ways to Improve a Strategy Using Real Trading Volume

The free Real Volume indicator from FXCMapps.com can be use to confirm breakouts, to confirm trends and to identify reversals.

Using volume to confirm breakouts
3-Ways-to-Improve-a-Strategy-Using-Real-Trading-Volume_body_x0000_i1025.png

More details on how to use Real Volume to confirm trends and to identify reversals can be found in trading instructor Rob Pasche's article on DailyFX.com

The free Real Volume indicator from FXCMapps.com can be use to confirm breakouts, to confirm trends and to identify reversals.

Using volume to confirm breakouts
3-Ways-to-Improve-a-Strategy-Using-Real-Trading-Volume_body_x0000_i1025.png

More details on how to use Real Volume to confirm trends and to identify reversals can be found in trading instructor Rob Pasche's article on DailyFX.com

Thanks for posting very useful information as usual Jason (y)

Russian Ruble Plummets and Here’s How We Might Trade the Clear Trend

UPDATE: Central bank of Russia raised its short-term interest rate to 17% in a bid to "stem devaluation, inflation risks."

Quantitative strategist David Rodriguez says "If the Central Bank of Russia is unable to stop further USD/RUB rallies via interest rate hikes and interventions, we believe that the Russian government will effectively halt speculation on the domestic currency.

forex-Russian-capital-controls-are-major-risk-and-Ruble-in-danger_body_Picture_2.png

Past performance is not necessary indicative of future results.

"If a trader is holding a position in the USD/RUB or any other RUB-based pair, this could mean that trades would be closed at a significantly unfavorable rate—likely causing losses for those on either side of the trade."

In light of these risks, David Rodriguez discusses alternatives to trading the ruble directly in his article today on DailyFX.com

Last edited:
Russian Ruble Tumbles Further - Holding RUB Positions Far too Risky

In a follow up to his comments on the Russian ruble yesterday, David Rodriguez had this to say in his article today on DailyFX.com:

"The risks of capital controls were a key reason we would avoid trading the Ruble and instead shifted our focus to other Emerging Market currencies—notably the Mexican Peso, South African Rand, and even the oil price-sensitive Norwegian Krone. Thus far the correlation has held fairly well as these currencies tumbled alongside the Ruble.

forex-Russian-capital-controls-are-major-risk-and-Ruble-in-danger_body_Picture_1.png

Past performance is not necessary indicative of future results.​

"If a trader believes the Russian Ruble will continue lower against the US Dollar, we believe that he or she would be better served trading proxies in other emerging market currencies."

Last edited:
US Dollar Likely to Rally Further as Trader Sentiment at Extremes

The US Dollar continues to register highs versus the Euro and British Pound, and the latest Speculative Sentiment Index (SSI) readings on DailyFX.com favor further USD gains against the majors until this changes. SSI compares the number of long positions to the number of short positions. Positive values indicator more of the former, while negative values indicate more of the latter.

Weekly Summary of Forex Trader Sentiment and Changes in Positioning
ssi_table_story_body_Picture_15.png

For example, in the table above, SSI for EUR/USD is 1.42 which means there are 1.42 long positions for every short position. By contrast, SSI for NZD/USD is -1.09 meaning there are 1.09 short positions for every long. Since SSI is a contrarian indicator, the signal is to place a trade in the opposite direction from the majority.

The Weekly Volume Report: Low Volume Declines Continue

Talking Points from this week's volume report on DailyFX.com:
  • Multi-year lows in the euro, but volume still lacking
  • USD/JPY consolidation occurring on low turnover

Daily Volume Chart: EUR/USD
Weekly_body_Picture_3.png

SPX500 Potential Head-and-Shoulders Top Coming Into Focus

Paul Robinson of DailyFX.com has identified head-and-shoulders topping potential in SPX500.

SPX500 4-hr Chart: Oct 2014 to Jan 2015
SPX500-Potential-Head-and-Shoulders-Top-Coming-Into-Focus_body_Picture_1.png

• Testing neckline at 2000
  • Target potential below 1900